122 upvotes
Kirkland, QC

[Amazon.ca] PORTER-CABLE PCE605K52 3-Amp Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit - 89.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Amazon.ca lighting deal.

PORTER-CABLE PCE605K52 3-Amp Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit with 52 Accessories

3-Amp motor delivers power to complete applications fast
Tool-Free system blade change allows quick changes and adjustments for specific applications without wrenches and bolts
Depth and cutting guide helps complete plunge and cutting tasks faster and with more control
10-Foot cord minimizes the need for extension cords
Includes 52 accessories to provide all the essential components for your various projects
11 replies
Nov 22, 2004
542 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
Lowes one comes with 13 ocs but amazon one has 52 pcs.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2014
186 posts
122 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
That is PORTER-CABLE PCE606K 13-Piece. PCE605K52 includes 52 accessories
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2370 posts
1586 upvotes
Kitchener
Believe it was this price for the past few weeks.

I had looked at it when I was comparing these tools.

Not saying its not a good deal, just interesting that its a Lightening deal, but its the same price as it was....
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
Had my eye on this for the last few days and can confirm the price was not this low... it was ~$111 yesterday. Might pull the trigger

As mentioned by OP this kit has 52 accessories while the one at Lowes has 13 - and interestingly Lowes online price is $89.99 while their flyer states $69.99 so if you want to save $20 by going with fewer accessories I suggest going in store. Also, note the scratch & save only applies to minimum $100 purchases before tax.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2370 posts
1586 upvotes
Kitchener
Ah ok, just looked at camelX3. I must have just been lucky and looked when it was 89.99 at end of Nov.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5315 posts
11060 upvotes
Ottawa
At Lowes if you select store pickup option then price shows at $69.
Can also use $10 off for subscribing to email. But as other noted this tool has only 13 accessories.
Mar 22, 2009
24 posts
6 upvotes
London
I was reading about these this weekend and what I read seemed to suggest some compatibility issues with accessories. Something to do with the old model vs. the new model, but I don't think the model number changed.. So it's hard to determine what may not be compatible.

Seems like a good deal, though the Dremel Multi-max MM45 is only $120 at Home Depot. Obviously more money, not necessarily a hot price, but to save hassle it might be worthwhile to spend the extra $30 on the Dremel that you know it's always easy to find accessories for.

I ended up deciding maybe I didn't need one. Mostly would use for detail sanding, but from what I read the oscillating tools may not be so great for detail sanding anyway.

Maybe tempting if the $70 price is still available, hmm
May 12, 2006
241 posts
16 upvotes
I am also debating between the Porter Cable and Dremel MM40 which is on sale for $129 at Lowes (minus scratch & save). I wonder if the MM40's higher power is noticeable (3.8 amp vs 3.0 amp)... anyone used both?

Edit: Actually Amazon lists the MM40 as 3.0 amp also but Lowes is showing it as 3.8 :S
Nov 21, 2015
123 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the one from Lowes for 69.99, the $10 of $100 only applies to items proportionally so if you get an addonal item like the Black and Decker mouse, you will effectively get the kit for 63.XX. You can return the ad-don item later.

The PC oscillating tool is only compatible with the dewalt accessories only but you can order a porter cable PCA3032 accessory to have compatibility with other accessories.

Based on a review the Dewalt accessories are not great, but should be OK for home use. http://toolguyd.com/oscillating-tool-me ... urability/
I am actually considering to return the kit I got from lowes and get the one from Amazon because of the extra blades, especially the grout blade.

For anyone cosidering the Dremel MultiMax I would go with the Bosch MX25EC from Amazon for $148-25 Bosch Rebate, it will be a much superior tool (as good as the Fein) and Bosch includes an attachment that will make it compatible with other blades.