• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 11:07 am
[OP]
Apr 7, 2009
575 posts
358 upvotes
toronto

[Amazon.ca] Pouch Couch Camping Hammock $28.99

Been looking for an inexpensive hammock for the backyard and saw this dropped in price from $40. Not sure how it compares to the ones similarly priced at Costco but worth a try for me for $29.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07CJZKS3 ... psc=1&th=1
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3816 posts
2470 upvotes
Toronto
I just assumed a camping hammock would have netting for bug protection. I guess I was wrong.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1666 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to ask if this one has a zipper covering ...
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1313 posts
2010 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
Do you have the link for the costco one? Or is it instore? Searched costco.ca but couldn't find it
Jun 18, 2016
975 posts
3101 upvotes
I have this exact one. I paid $19 for it from Amazon last year. For $20 I’d say it’s worth it but no way it’s worth $40.

It doesn’t come with proper hammock straps, just some ropes which can damage trees. You can pick up webbing straps from Amazon separately but you’ll pay $20+. You can get a hammock + straps combo for $40 on Amazon, which is only $12 more than this hammock.

The material is a parachute fabric. It’s fine but nowhere near as soft and comfy as my ripstop Hexon hammock.

It’s only 9’7” long. That’s long enough to lounge in but don’t expect to take this camping because you won’t sleep well if you’re over 5’8”. Typical camping hammocks are 11’.

No ridgeline on this one. Not saying that’s bad, since I doubt you’ll find one with a ridgeline in this price bracket. But if you want to treat yourself, a ridgeline is an amazing feature. Basically makes it impossible to get a bad hang, plus you can clip things onto it.

BTW if you want one for camping, ie to sleep in instead of a tent, you’ll need the following things:

- Hammock - 11ft, preferably with ridgeline
- Tree straps
- Tarp
- Underquilt (some people use a sleeping pad)
- Top quilt (or sleeping bag)
- Bug net (sometimes built into hammock)