Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Powerbuilt 8 Piece Metric T-Handle Hex Key Wrench Set (great for wrenching on bikes) - $91

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2022 3:58 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1141 posts
1254 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC

[Amazon.ca] Powerbuilt 8 Piece Metric T-Handle Hex Key Wrench Set (great for wrenching on bikes) - $91

I just noticed these T-Handle allen keys are on sale for $91 for the set. They're a very handy premium option for the home mechanic and are great for working on bikes similar to the Park Tools THH-1 speed sleeves that go for $259 (less the stripped bolt remover head).

Lowest price on 3C's in some time... price was hovering around $125 before.

Great for your home shop (or bike shop in my case). Again, these are for the avid home mechanic to fully appreciate... not for the casual user just tightening a seatpost or removing a wheel. In that case, Princess Auto is a great option.
  • WORK FASTER: Slide the T-handle to the center position, hold the free-spinning sleeve on the shaft and tighten or loosen those hex head screws at light speed. Slide the T-handle to the end position and cinch that screw down.
  • REACH FARTHER: The 10 mm wrench has an 11 inch reach. At the other end of the spectrum, the 2mm wrench offers 4-1/2 inches of reach. And every size in between offers way more reach than L-type hex keys.
  • GRIP HARDER: You'll love the positive grip and precise fit the friction-treated hex tips offer. That means less chance of rounding and cam-out.
  • KEEP IT TOGETHER: These sweet wrenches will never be far out of reach with the included storage rack. Hang it on your tool wall, toss it in a toolbox drawer or set it on your benchtop for easy access
  • GO BIG OR GO SMALL: The set includes 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 mm hex key wrenches to fit the most common metric hex cap screws
If you want a cheaper option with just the long handle, there's this one from Princess Auto as well for just $17 (I have it currently, but am upgrading) or this one currently for $10 for interchangeable 3/8" drive bits (need an adapter or 3/8" drive hex bit set).

There's also a matching SAE and Torx set out there if you want to complete the set at some point.

P.S. If you can order and pickup in the US, you can save about $10 CAD by going to Amazon.com
Images
  • 71Nno+huSbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Last edited by jerschwab on Feb 25th, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
21 replies
Sep 27, 2002
465 posts
107 upvotes
B.C
Nice, any suggestions for T-Handle sockets, been looking for a decent set for my dirtbike trail kit.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1141 posts
1254 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
Not the same... those are just regular hex wrenches. T-handle with speed sleeve is much easier to use and more versatile.... as well has more leverage. Not for everyone, they're more of a premium item for those that can use them.

Of course, we can get free hex wrenches with our Ikea or whatever else furniture... just not apples to apples though.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1141 posts
1254 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
prod wrote: I just use a plastic t-handle set from crappy tire for $10 on my bikes, not quite as nice, but I dont need to spend $91.
Fair enough, it's not for everyone... like many things on this forum. But for some working on bikes, Park Tools are an absolute must... and the price difference with these is significant.

Open to seeing any comparisons to long arm t-handle wrench sets with the speed sleeve. I find the cheapo t-handles from Princess Auto to be very basic and I like to have premium tools that will last over 10 years.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2009
1111 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
More expensive than the Snap-On T handles and you can get the Bondhus USA for a fraction.

That's a lot of money for overseas tools. What am I missing?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5424 posts
5281 upvotes
GTA
P0rkchop wrote: More expensive than the Snap-On T handles and you can get the Bondhus USA for a fraction.

Not much. I also think there are other, better options. For average bicycle tinker even Power Fist T-handle set from Princess Auto will do the same.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/10-pc-m ... 0008840324
Last edited by Tommy74 on Feb 25th, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1141 posts
1254 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
P0rkchop wrote: More expensive than the Snap-On T handles and you can get the Bondhus USA for a fraction.

The hex is on both sides of the handle as well as the speed sleeve... see the description I posted. They're more efficient, reach farther, and have more versatility.

Some of this can be accomplished with the Princess Auto tools I mentioned, but it really depends on how much you use these tools and whether you think having a premium toolset for something you spend a lot of time on is worth it. As mentioned, I use those ones currently and am not in love with them. I like the idea of having the bit on the handle similar to the more portable Fix It Sticks... or the Blackburn Switch that I currently carry on bike rides (although I don't like the rounded tips as they can ruin bolts).

Looking around, there's not much with the specs of the Powerbuilt for cheaper... perhaps if the RUJOI metric set comes down in price in comparison to the SAE and Torx option (~$55 CAD) that may be worth a look.

Of course, there's even more premium options for those who can't bring themselves to spending this kind of money on imported product... the Silca Folio.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4585 posts
1650 upvotes
Brampton
jerschwab wrote: Fair enough, it's not for everyone... like many things on this forum. But for some working on bikes, Park Tools are an absolute must... and the price difference with these is significant.

Open to seeing any comparisons to long arm t-handle wrench sets with the speed sleeve. I find the cheapo t-handles from Princess Auto to be very basic and I like to have premium tools that will last over 10 years.
For a "speed sleeve" I just use the dewalt extension that came with the screwdriver bit set that everyone should have, got it for $5:
https://www.rona.ca/en/product/dewalt-3 ... 73-0794509
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
May 18, 2021
74 posts
66 upvotes
Used a very similar style set on the printing machines that a technician had. His set was made in Italy, don't remember the name of the brand but know it was $$$. Very solid, he had a 12" snipe on even the smaller sizes with no issues.
Aug 5, 2006
86 posts
122 upvotes
The set linked below is a "P-handle" alternative that sounds OK but reviews indicate durability is questionable for this particular product. I don't see a material listed.

Here's something similar ($67), with a ball end on the long arm. Set includes metric and Torx keys, and is chrome-vanadium steel. I have something similar that has worked well for several years. It fits well and so far nothing has broken.
https://www.amazon.ca/handle-Allen-wrench-BERGEN-AT788/dp/B01MFH4F1P

Just for kicks, here's another alternative ($133, or 1/2 the price of the Park set)-- a Park Tool knockoff set that includes 8 hex keys + bonus T25 Torx:
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/lifeline-pro-sliding-t-bar-hex-set/rp-prod200104

These even have the enlarged/damaged tip like Park. YMMV ordering from Chain Reaction -- takes a while to ship unless one selects the pre-paid taxes & fees at considerable expense. Not clear if "standard tracked" delivery reverts to Canada Post or another courier with usurious brokerage fees. Returns theoretically available for a year but a hassle in practice.

Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1267 posts
455 upvotes
Calgary
no sleeve, but I have used these for the last three years on my bikes. I find they work great and I really like the rack for storage and access to the right size
The handle is comfortable and allows me to untorque tight bolt easily

also both metric and imperial - $40 when I got them - about $55 now
there are less expensive sets, but no rack

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N4T ... UTF8&psc=1
Calgary, AB
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
jaydee63 wrote: The set linked below is a "P-handle" alternative that sounds OK but reviews indicate durability is questionable for this particular product. I don't see a material listed.

Here's something similar ($67), with a ball end on the long arm. Set includes metric and Torx keys, and is chrome-vanadium steel. I have something similar that has worked well for several years. It fits well and so far nothing has broken.

Just for kicks, here's another alternative ($133, or 1/2 the price of the Park set)-- a Park Tool knockoff set that includes 8 hex keys + bonus T25 Torx:
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/lifeline-pro-sliding-t-bar-hex-set/rp-prod200104

These even have the enlarged/damaged tip like Park. YMMV ordering from Chain Reaction -- takes a while to ship unless one selects the pre-paid taxes & fees at considerable expense. Not clear if "standard tracked" delivery reverts to Canada Post or another courier with usurious brokerage fees. Returns theoretically available for a year but a hassle in practice.
4 and a half stars out of 5 with lifetime warranty. Love the Husky tools.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1141 posts
1254 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
Love it... getting slammed with downvotes, but the discussion is legit. Lots of good ideas and alternatives for those that have different needs.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1141 posts
1254 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
jaydee63 wrote: The set linked below is a "P-handle" alternative that sounds OK but reviews indicate durability is questionable for this particular product. I don't see a material listed.

Honestly, that Chain Reaction kit is one to keep an eye on... they often discount pretty deep. It's basically the same as the Park set. The Amazon one is a nice find, but not a huge fan of the big bulgy handles.

P.S. I've ordered tons from Chain Reaction, even a full bike actually... well over $10K in stuff going back 10 years. In 2013 when I got back into biking, I had so many deals stacked (they have a $400 gift card for like $300... then used coupons and such) it was awesome. But on my latest carbon gravel bike which was about $2400, I got hit with $650 in duties (still the bike was comparable to a $4K bike here). I've also ordered carbon wheels, high end DT swiss wheels and really just a ton of things. Bummed we can't get Shimano anymore, but oh well... nobody can really. Check out Tweeks in the UK, sometimes they have deals.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1141 posts
1254 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
Anyone know how to downvote your own post?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2009
1111 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
jerschwab wrote: Anyone know how to downvote your own post?
I hate the downvote system, I don't want to discourage any one from posting deals. I'm glad you posted this even tho it is not right for me. Tools in particular can be so subjective.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4267 posts
5185 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Skiguy53 wrote: no sleeve, but I have used these for the last three years on my bikes. I find they work great and I really like the rack for storage and access to the right size
The handle is comfortable and allows me to untorque tight bolt easily

also both metric and imperial - $40 when I got them - about $55 now
there are less expensive sets, but no rack

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N4T ... UTF8&psc=1
These are typical harbour freight sets :) Some amazon marketplace seller, just put these 2 USD$8 kits together and selling them as a bundle.
https://www.harborfreight.com/metric-t- ... 69370.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/sae-t-han ... 69369.html

If you cross the border, and go near a harbour freight, you can pick them up there and save some more :) Pretty much same quality as the Princess Auto sets.

Don't get me wrong, good tools are never cheap (or at least not very often), but it all depends on how much you plan to use them. Rare occasional use, then I don't spring for top quality (but not the cheapest either). Something I use regularly, I have no issue paying premium and getting good quality. Most good quality hand tools will last a few lifetimes. I'll still look for a deal on them however :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)