[OP]
Sep 22, 2008
986 posts
1003 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Premium Weighted Blanket for Kids, Teens, Adults

For those looking for a weight blanket, these seem to be a pretty good deal:

[https://www.amazon.ca/AVOIN-Premium-Wei ... B07Q1Z6FBT]

Discount varies between 47 and 52% off depending on the size/weight.

Make sure you check the sizing guide before ordering, it's important to use the right size/weight. If you are not certain, order one size down (better lighter than heavier).
Last edited by liviu23 on Jan 21st, 2021 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
43 replies
Feb 19, 2018
271 posts
222 upvotes
Montréal, QC
thanks OP, was looking for 25 lbs but none at such a good price. $50 for 20 lbs is quite good.

and uses glass beads instead of microplastics that will forever pollute the earth

should I be using a blanket cover?
Last edited by grosbmi on Jan 20th, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2004
880 posts
216 upvotes
Keep in mind a cover is not included. But pretty good price nonetheless.
Oct 10, 2007
168 posts
28 upvotes
From the description...
"Weighted blankets may additionally benefit:

People who drink too much caffeine
People who stay up too late watching Netflix
Dudes who miss their mothers
Work addicts"

That gave me a good chuckle
Aug 13, 2020
239 posts
744 upvotes
Not the best without a cover. A decent one will run you at least around $40
Apr 11, 2020
186 posts
303 upvotes
Mlj223 wrote: Not the best without a cover. A decent one will run you at least around $40
I just use a flat sheet under mine
Jun 12, 2010
167 posts
304 upvotes
Was just reading a Reddit thread recently about the best things people have bought under $50 and weighted blankets were on the list... so this came at an interesting time. Reviews seem all over the place but I'll try one out. I assume an ordinary duvet cover should work for this?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20071 posts
5463 upvotes
Good Morning
Been eyeing these products, but both my GF and I are hot sleepers, are these usable in summer?

Is there certain types of fabrics or filling I should be looking for?
[OP]
Sep 22, 2008
986 posts
1003 upvotes
Montreal
coriolis wrote: Been eyeing these products, but both my GF and I are hot sleepers, are these usable in summer?

Is there certain types of fabrics or filling I should be looking for?
Can’t speak for this particular one but we have 2 other brands at home and they don’t feel hot in the summer. I was quite surprised as I had the same concern.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20089 posts
4627 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
ArchZeratul wrote: Was just reading a Reddit thread recently about the best things people have bought under $50 and weighted blankets were on the list... so this came at an interesting time. Reviews seem all over the place but I'll try one out. I assume an ordinary duvet cover should work for this?
Use a cover the has those little tethers inside of it, so you can attach the loops on blanket's edges inside the cover. Weighted blankets otherwise have a huge tendency to slide around inside the cover, due to their weight.

Btw, I have a weighted blanket and it's really effective. It's almost too effective, so I prefer to use it only on weekends, since I sometimes don't want to get out of bed in the morning when I'm so comfortable under the blanket. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
coriolis wrote: Been eyeing these products, but both my GF and I are hot sleepers, are these usable in summer?
I'm a hot sleeper and I had to ditch the regular duvet completely and just use a flat sheet with my weighted blanket, in the Summer.

In the Winter, I use the duvet and weighted blanket simultaneously.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Jan 21st, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14211 posts
7981 upvotes
Southern Ontario
The kid’s one I got the other day is on clearance at Costco for $29.97, it’s about the size of a throw and comes with a washable cover.

I also got a double one for Christmas on Amazon for my older child, loves it. It feels secure and warmer than a regular comforter due to weight, the way it wraps, not claustrophobic, just pleasant. Tempted to get an adult one but our heated + covered duvet is already hefty.
Nov 4, 2007
997 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered for my family who have issues with sleep quality, will test one out first before opening the other ones.