Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Previous Generation Kindle Oasis (wifi+cell) - $319.99 ($110 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2019 12:59 am
[OP]
Mar 7, 2018
126 posts
171 upvotes
Bed

[Amazon.ca] Previous Generation Kindle Oasis (wifi+cell) - $319.99 ($110 off)

Previous Generation Kindle Oasis E-reader - 7" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi), Waterproof, 32 GB, Wi-Fi + Free Cellular Connectivity (9th generation)

Don't forget ebeats, Enjoy.
I never downvote.

Thanks OP, grab 10
1 reply
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty interesting deal. I bought the WiFi version on Prime Day ( the previous generation). It unfortunately ended up being defective. But I did get to use it for a day and it was great. Far better than my PaperWhite. The 7” screen is far nicer in my opinion than the 6” screens found on most eReaders. In any case, Amazon sent me a replacement Oasis which turned out to be a refurbished product. Replacing a 4 day old new Oasis with a refurbished unit didn’t sit well with me. It did work though.

I ended up returning things and buying the current Oasis, which is also really nice. It also works!

You have the ability to soften the light with the current model, but otherwise they are pretty similar. Also, the cell part is still LTE. I only got the WiFi model.

The reason why the deal for $319 is not as appealing as it otherwise would be is the change in Amazon’s cell use policy. As far as I can tell, you can only use the cell part to access the Amazon store, or Wikipedia. Nothing else, despite a functioning browser built in. Were this not the case, $319 would be an excellent buy. Perhaps I read the policy incorrectly, in which case please correct my assertion.

Nevertheless, this is a great eReader. And the cell model has more storage, which matters if you are in to audio books from your Kindle. The price for the WiFi model is the same so getting the cell version is a pretty easy decision, unless you want to 2019 Oasis model.