Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Price Drop? KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer $430

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2020 2:54 am
[OP]
Apr 8, 2020
6 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Price Drop? KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer $430

I was browsing through Amazon.ca and my mother was looking for a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. I noticed a Professional version for like $429 +taxes. I was like OMG, great price?!

I googled the Stand Mixer and compared it with other websites and they're more expensive. (The USA Amazon is selling this for $499 USD...) So seems legit price drop.
Screenshot_20200409-142440.jpg
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004DQVEBQ/

You make it in other colours as well but there are not much variety. (I got the Empire Red version)
Screenshot_20200409-142236.jpg
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000P9CWNY/

I'm unsure when this will expire but I think it's a Easter sale thing. Happy deal hunting!
32 replies
Sep 25, 2009
566 posts
429 upvotes
This is decent price but far from best.
I got mine from the bay sale before for $350. I think lowest ever I saw is $300 for this model.
Nov 27, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
I also got the 6-quart bowl lift (essentially Pro 600 equivalent) for $350 from the Best Buy sale a couple weeks back. There was also a sale for the 5-quart Artisan model for $320 on Costco around the same time. $430 is a decent non-sale price, but if you're able to wait you can definitely snag it for cheaper. Plus I've been told that KitchenAid will also sometimes have rebates, usually during Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Christmas sales, that would add even more savings.
Aug 31, 2014
329 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got mine $299 from Black Friday a few years ago.
Jan 8, 2016
32 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I pulled the trigger on this one as a mother's Day gift for the mom. If you buy directly from KitchenAid, they have an additional 10% off by signing up to their email list. Came to $437 taxes in.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1123 posts
575 upvotes
Markham
singhg9 wrote: Other than being slightly larger and having a better look, how do the kitchenaid mixers compare to the amazon basic one? It's substantially cheaper with a much more powerful motor.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RHBJZ3N/ref ... KEbMSM5XSV
Based on the reviews, I don't think their claimed 800W means anything if it can't knead dough.

KitchenAid purely known for their mixers, though they have gotten less reliable over the years. However, I don't think there is a contest between them.

There are also endless attachments compatible with the KitchenAid for other uses.
Apr 15, 2018
159 posts
115 upvotes
Note that the lift version can be a bit of a pain for the occasional user. I much prefer the 'tilt' models. IMHO.
Jun 9, 2008
285 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
I debated Costco 600/575 (bowl lift) watt power for 380 ish with the artisan tilt 375 watt. I think the bowl lift doesn’t fit under cabinets in the kitchen and is super heavy. Kitchenaid.ca has the artisan for like 209 on refurb... hard to pass up..
Apr 24, 2018
52 posts
82 upvotes
Bed Bath and Beyond has it for the same price but with 20%off coupon now
Feb 26, 2011
768 posts
820 upvotes
Calgary
webeye wrote: Note that the lift version can be a bit of a pain for the occasional user. I much prefer the 'tilt' models. IMHO.
Could you elaborate please? I find the attachment is always in the way when I'm trying to add stuff half way in the tilt model.
Oct 2, 2017
11 posts
6 upvotes
Bought mine for about 180 a year ago. Found it on clearance for 199 at Homesense and my wife works at TJX so we got an extra 10 percent off. We were lucky!
Apr 15, 2018
159 posts
115 upvotes
@jwslam-----I know what you mean but for me it's 'not' a problem. I also have the newer paddle that scapes the bowl. Less tilting with that.

Perhaps other users might comment?
Oct 20, 2010
144 posts
37 upvotes
BC
jwslam wrote: Could you elaborate please? I find the attachment is always in the way when I'm trying to add stuff half way in the tilt model.
For me, it's bigger, heavier... Say if you only take it out of the cupboard only once in a while it can be a hassle. However if you don't have to move it around and it just sits on the counter then I'd say it's fine
Apr 12, 2020
2 posts
braveworm wrote: Costco has it for $380 if you have a membership.
ıs this available only in store or is it available only too?
May 15, 2015
262 posts
322 upvotes
Deathstar
Tried ordering from kitchenaid.ca. Transaction wouldn’t go through on a new artisan, thought it was my card, called my bank and they said it’s the kitchenaid.ca system that’s broken. Their live chat person said nothing problem just call our 1800 line and they’ll help with the transaction. Called in and they said they don’t honour prices on their website and they’d only sell it to me for nearly $400! The website price was $310 all in with 10% off discount.

I may still buy a kitchen aid, but never trying to shop from their site or phone again, so frustrating. They also said the transaction will fail if the products aren’t in stock. Why the hell cant they say oos on their website instead of random errors when it’s trying to process my payment? Really shitty customer service.

My first choice would be the kenwood that Costco had but they’ve been oos ever since COVID.
Last edited by BigStick on Apr 14th, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 12, 2020
2 posts
Is this only store option ,i cant see this pricing online?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
2810 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
My parents bought one of these "professional" 600 series for seldom home use in making dough. After 2+ years, one of the metal arms hugging the bowl broke! The metal literally broke due to poor soldering and KitchenAid refused to replace it. These things aren't made to last like in the past, and they have the shttiest customer service. Never again.