Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] (Price Went Up) YI Smart Dash Cam, 2.7" Screen 1080P60 FHD ($69.99) +Tx

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 8:42 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 1, 2018
106 posts
72 upvotes
S/W, Ontario

[Amazon.ca] (Price Went Up) YI Smart Dash Cam, 2.7" Screen 1080P60 FHD ($69.99) +Tx

Lightning Deal Over
Last edited by Dma0691 on Aug 28th, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Price Went by $10, now $69.99
26 replies
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
Decent, based on ccc it has gone significantly lower. It has been higher too, but this is the mid point. Debatable.
My horn can pierce the sky
Jul 19, 2005
204 posts
71 upvotes
I ordered this on Sunday Aug 25 and still waiting for shipment :(

However thanks for posting this. It is a great dash cam for its features and can support 64 gb memory which i notice other cams in its price range only supports up to 32 gb memory.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1069 posts
325 upvotes
calgary
paid 49 for this before
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3330 posts
1090 upvotes
Toronto
You'll see others with GPS and parking mode which this doesn't appear to have, I wonder how critical these are (they can be had in the same price range). Is it worth going for a 4k model for the sake of visibility of license plates, again these models can be had for a small amount more (~$20).
Last edited by TheGoodDealer on Aug 28th, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 5, 2018
349 posts
295 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote: You'll see others with GPS and parking mode which this doesn't appear to have, I wonder how critical these are (they can be had in the same price range). Is it work going for a 4k model for the sake of visibility of license plates?
I have the first generation of the Yi dash cam and can make out license places just fine.

They've probably gotten a lot better, as xiaomi devices usually do.

All in all, I fully recommend it. they're cheap and get the job done
Feb 13, 2013
67 posts
61 upvotes
I have one and I'm pretty happy with it's performance. For this price mos def a good deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1592 posts
408 upvotes
Ottawa
the emergency recording is kind diwner. only 10 seconds before you press button.
so if yiu see some events and would like to record, you have to use phone to go in to copy before it is written over.
the unit itself cannot click a fike to lick. nor it can delete a locked file.
all have to be done by phone.

wifi connectivity finding the Yi is problematic for me. 95% cannot find the Yi cam

firmware support is below par.

yi software wants your location to work which tjis camera has no gps..it is jyst tracking.

I would say it is a 45$ worth camera because of the sparsely features.

otger than
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3330 posts
1090 upvotes
Toronto

After watching this comparison of some more expensive cams (ranging from $70 - $400) I think I'm going to go for the Viofo A119 v3. It's around 2.6x the cost of the Yi cam but from the video comparison against the Xiaomi 70Mai PRO ($75) in most scenarios in the video both daylight & night, whether still or moving it capture more detail (license plates) than others including a Thinkware Q800 ($400). It doesn't have WiFi though so makes it more of a pain retrieving files off of it, I don't expect I would need to very often but if I do I suppose I would be wanting as much detail (such as license plates) as possible which this appears to provide.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2414 posts
954 upvotes
I ordered this Junsun 4k dashcam last week, had tested it, pretty simple install and clear pictures, with coupon it is 68.99 no tax.
Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the cam. Has GPS and lets you know the speed you are traveling at as well.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RDJ ... UTF8&psc=1
PSN: Sakaban
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4084 posts
2950 upvotes
Vancouver
4 years after launch and this dashcam still sells for the original retail price. (Launch price was 349 RMB.)

The team that designed this dashcam at Yi probably retired early.

This Yi is great dashcam for anyone who still hasn't purchased one.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49689 posts
6009 upvotes
Toronto
Sakaban wrote: I ordered this Junsun 4k dashcam last week, had tested it, pretty simple install and clear pictures, with coupon it is 68.99 no tax.
Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the cam. Has GPS and lets you know the speed you are traveling at as well.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RDJ ... UTF8&psc=1
Is it actually 4K recording? I don't know if Class 10 MicroSD's can read/write fast enough.
Oct 25, 2010
177 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal but this dash cam is no longer recommended due to camera issues under hot conditions. Much better off getting one on this list...

https://carcamcentral.com/guide/the-bes ... ms-of-2019

I just got the BlueSkySea B1W for $68 cad and it’s pretty impressive. Small size, great feature set and audible notifications too!
Nov 3, 2003
551 posts
171 upvotes
Knowhere
bbcspaceman wrote: Good deal but this dash cam is no longer recommended due to camera issues under hot conditions. Much better off getting one on this list...

I just got the BlueSkySea B1W for $68 cad and it’s pretty impressive. Small size, great feature set and audible notifications too!
Where did you buy the BlueSkySea B1W for $68 cad?
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉
Oct 25, 2010
177 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
shinsky wrote: Where did you buy the BlueSkySea B1W for $68 cad?
Amazon dot ca... $80 minus $12 coupons, now it’s only a $10 coupon... but no sales tax so still a good deal.
Jun 25, 2007
287 posts
92 upvotes
bbcspaceman wrote: Good deal but this dash cam is no longer recommended due to camera issues under hot conditions. Much better off getting one on this list...

Blurskysea able to capture license plate clearly? Day and night? Fast moving objects?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1839 posts
1052 upvotes
Durham
Popped in as I'm looking for a dash cam for my new car. Some concerning reviews on there.

Will wait to see what BB has with the Thinkwares tomorrow. All these cheap dash cams have poor reviews when it comes to actually retrieving incidents which is the reason we buy these. Sure they are cheap, but when you need it the most, they do not do to well.

Hardwire a Thinkware front and rear in my Wife's SUV and the wifi app and retrieving of videos is top notch. You pay for what you get I guess
Last edited by Kkhan15 on Aug 28th, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1839 posts
1052 upvotes
Durham
fayya wrote: Blurskysea able to capture license plate clearly? Day and night? Fast moving objects?
Nope. check the reviews. Poor in sun and some issues with it missing and not properly recording incidents. The 5 star reviews on these cheap ones is because install was easy lol