• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 2:19 am
[OP]
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day: 23andMe DNA Test - Health + Ancestry $129

23andMe DNA Test - Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service - includes 125+ reports on Health, Wellness, Ancestry & More

This is the lowest price. Regular $249, average $203.

Includes Ancestry Service PLUS more than 90 DNA-based online reports on Health Predispositions*, Carrier Status*, Wellness & Traits with just one test
Before purchasing, review important information at 23andme.com/test-info
Subject to 23andMe’s Terms of Service at 23andme.ca/tos and Privacy Statement at 23andme.ca/about/privacy
Accurate, reliable reports developed and designed through a rigorous process by world-class scientists and medical experts
Register and provide a saliva sample using our at-home kit and send it back. No additional lab fee required. Results ready in about 6-8 weeks

Before Mailing, register your kit at 23andme.com/start otherwise, your sample will NOT be processed.

ANCESTRY FEATURES
Ancestry reports
- 35+ reports including: Ancestry Composition, Ancestry Detail Reports, Maternal & Paternal Haplogroups, Neanderthal Ancestry, Your DNA Family
- DNA Relative Finder: Find and connect with relatives in the 23andMe database who share DNA with you. (opt-in)

HEALTH FEATURES
Health Predisposition* reports
- 10+ reports including: Type 2 Diabetes (Powered by 23andMe Research), Late-Onset Alzheimer's Disease, Celiac Disease
Carrier Status reports*
- 40+ reports including: Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Anemia, Hereditary Hearing Loss
Wellness reports
- 5+ reports including: Deep Sleep, Lactose Intolerance, Genetic Weight
Traits reports
- 30+ traits including: Hair (Color, Curliness, Male Bald Spot), Taste & Smell (Sweet vs. Salty, Bitter), Facial Features (Cheek Dimples, Unibrow, Freckles)

OTHER FEATURES
Raw Data
- Access your raw, uninterpreted genetic data file.** Must not be used for medical or diagnostic purposes.
Share, compare and discover more with friends and family
- Trace DNA through your close family and explore the genetic similarities and differences between you and family members..
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 15th, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
50 replies
Aug 1, 2013
353 posts
274 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
Look into what they can interpolate about you once they combine your genetics with your ad profile, insurance data, personal information anywhere. There's a huge privacy debate surrounding these DNA kits and who exactly has access.
Last edited by Chris9446 on Jul 15th, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2555 posts
1994 upvotes
Oakville
consumer be me wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 3:56 pm
Time to find my father...
Luke, it's me.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Mar 23, 2018
110 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
This is awesome for personalizing your nutrition if you use a secondary tool from Promethease or Rhonda Patrick's tool form 23andme.com. As an immigrant I personally do not have a very interesting background for the historical stuff, but the genetic information is awesome. You can see if you need higher doses of vitamin D or if you should be careful cooking your meat at high temperatures (if you do not have good genetics of breaking down the free radicals from higher temp cooking). I also am lucky for not having known genetic diseases and am less likely to get Alzheimer's which lets me sleep better at night.
[OP]
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
liftinpeanuts wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 4:00 pm
This is awesome for personalizing your nutrition if you use a secondary tool from Promethease or Rhonda Patrick's tool form 23andme.com. As an immigrant I personally do not have a very interesting background for the historical stuff, but the genetic information is awesome. You can see if you need higher doses of vitamin D or if you should be careful cooking your meat at high temperatures (if you do not have good genetics of breaking down the free radicals from higher temp cooking). I also am lucky for not having known genetic diseases and am less likely to get Alzheimer's which lets me sleep better at night.
It sounds like you have used the service. I am interested in buying but skeptical that it might be like reading my horoscope.. can you sell me some more?
Mar 23, 2018
110 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
consumer be me wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 4:05 pm
It sounds like you have used the service. I am interested in buying but skeptical that it might be like reading my horoscope.. can you sell me some more?
What do you want to know? I bought the 23andme kit for $199 and was happy with it. It gave me peace of mind regarding my genetics (one of my grandfathers had dementia and I do not have signs of getting it) and it helped me tailor my vitamin D and E intake.
Mar 23, 2018
110 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
lostinpangea wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 4:04 pm
This!

One of these DNA tests, FamilyTreeDNA, shared over 2 million records with the FBI! Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... th-the-fbi
I feel you on this one. It was one of the biggest concerns that I had before getting my genes tested. Canadian users have special restrictions on 23andme data, and you can also have them destroy your sample once they profile it. Whether or not you trust them to abide by the restrictions is up to you. I personally think that in our lifetimes most citizens will have their genetics profiled and available to the government, which is why I went ahead and got mine done for nutrition purposes. It definitely poses a privacy concern and you should make your decision knowing that.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3372 posts
2838 upvotes
The NORTH
yodelh wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 3:58 pm
Such a dartboard product..... So useless.
Sep 17, 2016
275 posts
104 upvotes
Its great. Helped me figure out why I was feeling so bloated after drinking milk. Turns out I have the lactose intolerance gene
[OP]
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
liftinpeanuts wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 4:11 pm
What do you want to know? I bought the 23andme kit for $199 and was happy with it. It gave me peace of mind regarding my genetics (one of my grandfathers had dementia and I do not have signs of getting it) and it helped me tailor my vitamin D and E intake.
Does it give you lifetime access to your information? If so, does it get updated with new findings, such as new family member connections?
[OP]
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
TitusBobby wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 4:39 pm
Its great. Helped me figure out why I was feeling so bloated after drinking milk. Turns out I have the lactose intolerance gene
I am pretty sure almost everyone does...
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4256 posts
2693 upvotes
Home and Alexa for voice recognition.

Facebook and Prime Photo for facial recognition.

Now all they need is my DNA to clone an army of me.