Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Prime Day: Acer Desktop i5-10400 12gb 512gb NVMe $589

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2020 3:17 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 5, 2008
751 posts
284 upvotes
CANADA

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: Acer Desktop i5-10400 12gb 512gb NVMe $589

Acer Aspire TC-895-UA92 Desktop, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10400 6-Core Processor, 12GB 2666MHz DDR4, 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD, 8X DVD, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6, USB 3.2 Type C, Windows 10 Home
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088X2YR3X/ref ... HFbVCST3K3

Pretty good deal IMO
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 13th, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added prime day to the title
60 replies
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 5, 2008
751 posts
284 upvotes
CANADA
Cheaper than BB and comes with NVMe

Still a good deal IMO
Even the best buy sale is half decent
Newbie
Nov 30, 2019
44 posts
9 upvotes
Any idea what the internals are?
Can you fit a gpu in here, and what's the memory situation?
Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2008
465 posts
197 upvotes
Vancouver
WernerA95344 wrote: Any idea what the internals are?
Can you fit a gpu in here, and what's the memory situation?
PCMag has a review of the previous generation TC-885-UA92 which my best guess would say is extremely similar. The case and power supply are probably identical or near-identical, while the motherboard is probably different but close in design. There's a few pictures showing the internals to give you an idea of the size and expansion options. You should be able to fit a midrange graphics card as well as a replacement power supply in there, but don't expect to fit the larger/longer high end graphics cards and power supplies in there as space is limited. Can't comment on the memory, but seeing as the TC-885-UA92 only had two RAM slots and probably had 4GB+8GB installed, I'd imagine the TC-895-UA92 has the same setup.

Have a look on youtube, there's a few videos of people upgrading the TC-885 such as this one so that should show you all you want to know.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 7, 2017
523 posts
2163 upvotes
Ottawa
Zerosystem wrote: PCMag has a review of the previous generation TC-885-UA92 which my best guess would say is extremely similar. The case and power supply are probably identical or near-identical, while the motherboard is probably different but close in design. There's a few pictures showing the internals to give you an idea of the size and expansion options. You should be able to fit a midrange graphics card as well as a replacement power supply in there, but don't expect to fit the larger/longer high end graphics cards and power supplies in there as space is limited. Can't comment on the memory, but seeing as the TC-885-UA92 only had two RAM slots and probably had 4GB+8GB installed, I'd imagine the TC-895-UA92 has the same setup.

Have a look on youtube, there's a few videos of people upgrading the TC-885 such as this one so that should show you all you want to know.
The PSU has a very special 6pin for the motherboard.
Diy connector wil be needed if you want to change the psu.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1426 posts
1562 upvotes
Way better deal then the $499 Acer Best Buy one a few months ago and ready right out of the box

But it shows you the insane value of the Series X and PS5 Digital
Sr. Member
Jan 1, 2011
650 posts
184 upvotes
Kitchener
Nice find. OP should modify post title to reflect the fact that this is a Prime-only deal.
Last edited by bmedicky on Oct 13th, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2006
4686 posts
1323 upvotes
I wonder if there any any free SATA ports?
The description says "RAM Maximum Size: 32 GB" so I'm guessing this is upgradeable.
This also has Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax and Bluetooth 5.1 which is equal to Intel Z-series motherboards.
The case dimensions are mini-ITX size. I'm thinking of pulling the SSDs from my current desktop PC and putting them in this if there are any free SATA ports. Then make this into an HTPC.
Zerosystem wrote: Have a look on youtube, there's a few videos of people upgrading the TC-885 such as this one so that should show you all you want to know.
Note that the video here shows a Samsung 870 EVO SSD inside.You can also see that the RAM appears to be regular DIMMs.
Sr. Member
Sep 10, 2012
751 posts
481 upvotes
Saskatoon
$479 for the i3 10100 cpu on this which is good enough for most people. i3 10100 is a quad core (no big deal) but it does have hyper threading.
Newbie
Oct 13, 2015
96 posts
48 upvotes
Brampton, ON
squint72 wrote: $479 for the i3 10100 cpu on this which is good enough for most people. i3 10100 is a quad core (no big deal) but it does have hyper threading.
Exactly this. Another difference is that it has 8 GB memory instead of 12 GB in i5 config but it can be upgraded. Got i3 for kid's school.
Newbie
Nov 21, 2018
15 posts
2 upvotes
This has a 300W power supply so its a worse deal than the best buy one
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
10211 posts
2372 upvotes
Richmond Hill
USB 3.2 Type C Gen 1, name upgraded but not speed
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
1141 posts
158 upvotes
whats the difference between this and bestbuy $499 acer expired deal? is it same beside the nvme drive?
Jr. Member
Apr 9, 2007
120 posts
127 upvotes
dorje wrote: whats the difference between this and bestbuy $499 acer expired deal? is it same beside the nvme drive?
The BB one is better if you intend to upgrade with a video card. It has a 500W power supply vs a 300W one for the Amazon one. The Amazon one is a better deal if you don't intend to upgrade.
Sr. Member
Sep 10, 2012
751 posts
481 upvotes
Saskatoon
infamousas wrote: This has a 300W power supply so its a worse deal than the best buy one
How so? The 300w makes no difference unless you're planning on trying to install a discreet graphics card which is unlikely for most. The Bestbuy one had a traditional hard drive vs this one having an ssd so the Amazon one is a better machine without a doubt.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6244 posts
3128 upvotes
Toronto
squint72 wrote: How so? The 300w makes no difference unless you're planning on trying to install a discreet graphics card which is unlikely for most. The Bestbuy one had a traditional hard drive vs this one having an ssd so the Amazon one is a better machine without a doubt.
But this one is $90 more (than the deal that admittedly no longer exists) which comfortably gets you a 500GB NVMe drive, so for the same price you would get the 500w power supply as well as the extra HDD for use as a data drive - though I agree if you're uncomfortable ever opening the case up, this machine is usable out of the box (whereas the one with only the HDD is borderline not).
Last edited by Manatus on Oct 13th, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Jan 1, 2011
650 posts
184 upvotes
Kitchener
Is the installed RAM on this a single 8 GB, or 2x4 GB?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6244 posts
3128 upvotes
Toronto
bmedicky wrote: Is the installed RAM on this a single 8 GB, or 2x4 GB?
It has 12GB RAM, 8+4.

Top