[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1411 posts
4325 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: D-Link AX5400 Mesh WiFi 6 Router $217.54

all time low. Not able to find any reviews outside of Amazon on this

https://www.amazon.ca/D-Link-AX5400-Mes ... 089PN4ZD4/
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 14th, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price drop
13 replies
Nov 20, 2010
250 posts
368 upvotes
Errrr... D-link... I'll pass... Good price for an AX though...
Feb 22, 2018
245 posts
233 upvotes
gta
kchkwan wrote: Errrr... D-link... I'll pass... Good price for an AX though...
why does RFD hate dlink? only had good experiences w/ it and the software is much better than some of the other like linksys
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1247 posts
439 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JACliffe wrote: why does RFD hate dlink? only had good experiences w/ it and the software is much better than some of the other like linksys
I also hate linksys.....
TBH, ASUS is popular but it has many many many many ................issues too but ASUS has Merlin third-party firmware support, so it's better.

Many people suggested Netgear but it's also shxt too, unless you get Orbi then it will be another story.
Personal experience Google Wifi is the most stable one I have ever used but it's the weakness cover range one.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2465 posts
1613 upvotes
Montreal
JACliffe wrote: why does RFD hate dlink? only had good experiences w/ it and the software is much better than some of the other like linksys
I used different models of D-link routers in the past and everytime I had too much bandwith going through, the router would reset by itself.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4752 posts
2234 upvotes
I'll chime in, avoid D-Link like the plague.
I swear, it's also the most common brand I see in the thrift store electronics section. Always a D-Link router in there, haha.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
May 12, 2004
766 posts
71 upvotes
I bought this and returned it right away. The wifi signal was horrible, maybe I got a dud but it was worse than my old router by far. Literally 40 ft of difference in a bad way outside in the backyard
Dec 27, 2013
318 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Just coming to see what the "RFD" news was on this router as I've been waiting to replace my R7000 for over 3 years now. Guess the thinking is to pass on this one as well (no DD-WRT support either?)...too bad no Asus or Netgear routers on Prime other than the weak-ish Netgear R6850 and I see little point in changing to that one.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4696 posts
1111 upvotes
Scarborough
yeah, on RFD, you see deals for TP-LINK and D-LINK, but you should avoid them as much as possible.
Apr 2, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
always drop wifi and reboot automatically even installed firmware and exchange a new one.
Dec 27, 2013
318 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Actually, I own a few TP-Link EAP225v3's for Access Points and have used them now going on over 2 years. Very reliable, great coverage. Only purchased them after reading SNB's review of the access point roundup and they were very favourable on the EAPs. So not all TP-Link stuff is garbage (believe their C7 or C8 was also well regarded for a bit).

SNB is sort of my go to resource for networking stuff, and outside of the DIR-882, they've not really reviewed other D-Link routers which is telling, nor do they have dedicated sections other than for Netgear and Asus.

Now, if only Prime day included some Edgerouter deals!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4045 posts
287 upvotes
I made the mistake of getting drawn into D-Link because of a good price vs. features in the past.

After fighting to try to get it to work properly, switched to Asus and never looked back.
Oct 26, 2003
183 posts
174 upvotes
Caledon
Don’t have experience with their routers but bought a Network Attached Storage device once.. lets leave it at that!! As posted in many many Dlink threads, “friends don’t let friends buy dlink” The opinions of us RFDers are as real as it gets! Many many of us very knowledgeable in related subjects. Cheers enjoy prime day all!