Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: Eufy Security Products, 2C-2Cam Kit = $266, Wireless Doorbell = $231

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 8:47 pm
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
212 posts
297 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: Eufy Security Products, 2C-2Cam Kit = $266, Wireless Doorbell = $231

Pretty niche post, but I have been looking for a wireless doorbell solution with a decent app offering that isn't complete junk from aliexpress.
Eufy Security's products have decent batteries as I have a eufyCam2 that was a breeze to install under my roof overhang.

PRIME DEAL - all the deals looks like they end today. You can sift through them in this link HERE.

For the individual items I am interested, it would be the following:

eufyCam 2 (you need the homebase already) for $139.99 ($60 Off) - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Z364PQ5
eufyCam 2C (2 cam starter kit) for $265.99 ($114 Off) - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W1HKYQK
Wireless Video Doorbell (No wiring required) for $230.99 ($99 Off) - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B081C4JN51

These might seem like very expensive prices, but just remember this is a wireless solution, which means they are battery powered (internal battery, probably lithium ion/polymer based) advertised to last roughly 365 days.
The 2 cam starter kit comes with the homebase (which is required) but it allows local storage of footage. Their overall is more expensive than other chinese brands on amazon, but still way cheaper than what Nest offers.
58 replies
Jul 15, 2019
12 posts
3 upvotes
the doorbell when wireless...on battery power only last 1.5 weeks for me lol.

I tried two of them...i have a bit of traffic but not like excessive...not sure why such low.

So beware. App is good though.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
212 posts
297 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Damn, thanks for the review. I already ordered it, but you know, being amazon prime and all, I'll try it out and see cuz I feel door usage is heavily YMMV.
My current cameras have been fine so I kinda just took a bit of blind faith, but I just read some of the 1 star reviews on the doorbell and there do appear to be multiple ppl saying similar things about less than 1 month battery.

I wonder if eufy support would be of any assistance?
Sep 13, 2009
67 posts
3 upvotes
I got the wireless doorbell from Sept 12 and it's been on until today and it's only at 53%. It has high traffic every day as well so not sure if your device was just defective or just the settings were not optimized.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2844 posts
229 upvotes
What is the better buy, the Eufy 2 or 2C? also compare that to the Arlo 3?
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
212 posts
297 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
commie wrote: What is the better buy, the Eufy 2 or 2C? also compare that to the Arlo 3?
I don't have an Arlo 3, but it is a subscription based cloud service so that really turned me away from that.

If you have a homebase already, I would go for Eufy 2 because it has larger battery (that means larger physical size too).
If you got nothing, then the 2C starter kit thats on sale today is a decent offering.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2007 posts
501 upvotes
For the eufycam 2c kit, I've been eyeing it for a long time now. I think this might be the best non subscription offering, yes? I currently don't have anything.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
212 posts
297 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Raimond wrote: For the eufycam 2c kit, I've been eyeing it for a long time now. I think this might be the best non subscription offering, yes? I currently don't have anything.
I can say with confidence this is the best non subscription WIRELESS offering. For wired options, there are just way too many. It's not just about the camera spec or w.e, but also the app.
I feel like for all camera related products, the app is MORE important than the physical hardware. Eufy's app is good I think compared to many of the cheap wired offerings (I have tried Lorex and Dlink only though and ratings on app store is bad).
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2007 posts
501 upvotes
cluie29 wrote: I can say with confidence this is the best non subscription WIRELESS offering. For wired options, there are just way too many. It's not just about the camera spec or w.e, but also the app.
I feel like for all camera related products, the app is MORE important than the physical hardware. Eufy's app is good I think compared to many of the cheap wired offerings (I have tried Lorex and Dlink only though and ratings on app store is bad).
Ok I appreciate your insight. While I think I'm ok with the wireless (less hassle of installing), if I were to choose wired (with no subscription), what would you recommend (around this price range or cheaper)?
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
212 posts
297 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Definitely would not recommend Lorex or DLink offerings. The app REALLY sucks.
I heard good things about Wyze cams, I think they are around $60?
Jun 15, 2008
572 posts
70 upvotes
I read a review that says "Will not record or save clips if the internet is down, or the eufy servers are down". Has anyone encountered this?
Dec 9, 2009
116 posts
31 upvotes
Does anyone know if you really need to change the transformer of the existing bell - eufy site link in specs says: the voltage requirement is 16-24VAC and the output power is 30VA or above; but my recent built hous's bell/chime transformer has 10-18v printed on it.
https://www.eufylife.com/products/varia ... d/T82001J1
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2007 posts
501 upvotes
I'm just trying to wrap my head around which kit to get.

Eufycam 2c kit vs Blink XT2 kit vs Arlo kit.

I think arlo is out due to subscription and Eufycam seems to have better features than Blink XT2. But still can't decide! Anyone have insight on all three!?!
Dec 14, 2006
843 posts
354 upvotes
I've been watching the 2 for months, and it's an awesome price today.
Amazon eufyCam 2
Possibly clearing out as they switch over to the pro.
Lots of YouTube vids. Good value and better vid quality than Blink. Arlo is overpriced.

Raimond wrote: I'm just trying to wrap my head around which kit to get.

Eufycam 2c kit vs Blink XT2 kit vs Arlo kit.

I think arlo is out due to subscription and Eufycam seems to have better features than Blink XT2. But still can't decide! Anyone have insight on all three!?!