Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day Fire TV Stick Sale: 4K $44.99; Non-4K $27.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 7:47 pm
Aug 11, 2017
540 posts
334 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: But why would you want an app running on an underpowered stick anyway when it's just so much more convenient and straight forward to just cast stuff from a phone etc?
Convenience. You're at home watching YouTube with family or friends. You're not gonna hog up your phone the whole time while they watch hour long movies or clips.
Jul 13, 2006
813 posts
41 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Folks. This is the game plan:

1) Buy Firestick 4K (even for 1080p, because faster processor)
2) Install STB Emu Pro 1.1.4 apk via Google search
3) Get a compatible IPTV service (no sources may be discussed here)

For this price, the 4K stick is a no brainer. The regular stick is slow garbage.
My friend uses an old MAG 254 (0.5GB RAM) for m3u iptv playlist but is only responsive when the playlist is around 500 and starts lag > 1000

Is the 4K stick capable of handling a very large playlist (10,000 )

@redflagdealsguy
Nov 18, 2009
214 posts
61 upvotes
dazurn wrote: Has anyone compared this to a Roku stick ?
I have connected to the TV :

- Amazon Fire Stick 4K
- Roku
- Chromecast

The Fire Stick is now the clear winner between all of them. My wife would constantly complain that my setups are too "complicated" because she wasn't a "techie". I haven't had one complaint about the Fire Stick. The kids (all under 10 years old) also use it no problem for Netflix, Prime Video, Plex and IPTV (Smarters Pro app). I bought a gamepad so it can be used to play some of the decent android video games.

I bought and setup one for my brother and wife's aunt. My brother texts me the next day "I f**ing LOVE this Fire Stick".

We rarely use the Roku now as everything we would use it for is available on the Fire Stick (it's an Android Box essentially, so why wouldn't it have pretty much everything I need available). I can't remember the last time any app crashed on the Fire Stick.

The Chromecast is rarely, if ever used. The whole "just use your phone" concept never caught on in my family.

Also, I will add that the remote for it is great. It also operates the sound for the sound bar and power for the TV.
Jan 29, 2004
452 posts
304 upvotes
sonspot wrote: Yet here you are replying to my post trying hard to talk down to male by calling me suzy ha ha funny. utterly insignificant indeed you are. if you think thats work up you're in need of some therapy.. Fire tv stick 4k is not future proof with a 4K tv or not, you don't like what I have to say, read it and move on. Notice I didn't have to call you suzy or belittle you. Good luck in life, enjoy your day.
Oh the irony!
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12954 posts
13705 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: I have several family members running Cyberflix and IPTV services on the regular stick, for sure, get the 4K at this price, but the regular stick works fine for IPTV.
It probably does, but why not go for a higher performance 4K stick with greater longevity and better responsiveness.
chhotadon wrote: I thought regular stb emu don't work on the new Firestick 4k?
It does, you just have to enable unknown sources in the Firestick 4K. You'll also need to download the approved 'Downloader' app for Firestick 4K before you can download the apk, the app comes with an embedded browser for you to search for files to download online.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12954 posts
13705 upvotes
UTSC wrote: My friend uses an old MAG 254 (0.5GB RAM) for m3u iptv playlist but is only responsive when the playlist is around 500 and starts lag > 1000

Is the 4K stick capable of handling a very large playlist (10,000 )

@redflagdealsguy
Yes, it should be fine, especially the Firestick 4K edition. My parents have the same MAG 254 box, FYI.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4207 posts
2260 upvotes
Does the Firestick 4K work in European countries? I have a cousin who wants a regular Firestick, but I’m curious if the 4K version works too?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12954 posts
13705 upvotes
Kerberos wrote: I have connected to the TV :

- Amazon Fire Stick 4K
- Roku
- Chromecast

The Fire Stick is now the clear winner between all of them. My wife would constantly complain that my setups are too "complicated" because she wasn't a "techie". I haven't had one complaint about the Fire Stick. The kids (all under 10 years old) also use it no problem for Netflix, Prime Video, Plex and IPTV (Smarters Pro app). I bought a gamepad so it can be used to play some of the decent android video games.

I bought and setup one for my brother and wife's aunt. My brother texts me the next day "I f**ing LOVE this Fire Stick".

We rarely use the Roku now as everything we would use it for is available on the Fire Stick (it's an Android Box essentially, so why wouldn't it have pretty much everything I need available). I can't remember the last time any app crashed on the Fire Stick.

The Chromecast is rarely, if ever used. The whole "just use your phone" concept never caught on in my family.

Also, I will add that the remote for it is great. It also operates the sound for the sound bar and power for the TV.
This is a very charitable way of saying that the Roku is garbage in 2019, by comparison. The Firestick 4K is the no brainer purchaser right now, unless you want top-tier media and gaming on an android box, they you can Nvidia Shield TV for (3x) the price.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12954 posts
13705 upvotes
Sejad wrote: Does the Firestick 4K work in European countries? I have a cousin who wants a regular Firestick, but I’m curious if the 4K version works too?
Should, though some of the embedded apps may not, especially the trash Canadian streaming apps.

Apps that should work:
Prime Video
Netflix
IPTV
etc.
Oct 18, 2007
395 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
With this am i able to access nba tv lor nba games without a subscription?

If not what options do you guys recommend for streaming basketball games? I just dont want to pay for subscription.
Apr 30, 2017
278 posts
446 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
redflagdealsguy wrote: Great device. Don't give to parents for IPTV, especially tech-illiterate mothers.

Otherwise great.
I setup this up for my tech-illiterate mother and she loves it. Same for my wife. She hated android boxes with a trackpad and keyboard but this looks like a Roku. It's dumb easy.
Feb 13, 2012
152 posts
82 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
i ordered this through alexa as an early deal but it wouldnt let me use my promo code from the photos deal
Jul 1, 2010
344 posts
119 upvotes
FYI, non 4K version would be $15 USD on Amazon.com. Better than 27.99 CAD if you can shop from amazon.com.

I am buying a 4K version to replace my first gen fire tv though.
May 8, 2001
609 posts
423 upvotes
RFDSimon wrote: FYI, if you own an Echo speaker, you can get early access to this deal starting today by saying "Alexa, order a 4K Fire TV Stick" -- it'll add the stick to your cart and apply the Prime Day price when you checkout.

Other Alexa early access deals include the Echo Dot for $29.99 and Fire 7 for $49.99. More details here - https://www.amazon.ca/b?node=19389114011
Thanks for this. Didn't know. Already have a 4K stick and was planning on getting another one on Prime Day, but now with 1-day shipping I'll get it before Prime Day even starts.
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa