Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day Fire TV Stick Sale: 4K $44.99; Non-4K $27.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 7:47 pm
Feb 18, 2010
880 posts
349 upvotes
Greely
AMD wrote: Would there be a way to use this without an Internet connection to watch shows saved on a USB stick or SD card?
I'd like to be able to watch downloaded or recorded content at the cottage.
Yes. Load your content onto a USB stick or powered external hard drive. Use the OTG cable that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Play the content using VLC player

OTC cable
Oct 5, 2014
538 posts
1008 upvotes
Ontario
Toraen wrote: I bought the 4K one last year for Plex. I got seemingly random crashes and gave up on it. Was very fast and snappy experience while it lasted. I have other Plex devices and no problems, so it’s not likely my setup but you never know. I haven’t tried lately so I have no idea if the situation is better.
does it direct play or transcode?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4584 posts
2661 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Should, though some of the embedded apps may not, especially the trash Canadian streaming apps.

Apps that should work:
Prime Video
Netflix
IPTV
etc.
So, would apps you install yourself like Kodi work fine obviously? Also, do you have to even have Amazon Prime to use the stick? Or can you just make a amazon account and use the device?
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11571 posts
2957 upvotes
fizz1234 wrote: Yeah the regular stick works just fine. Unless your provider supports the new multi-channel/4 in 1 picture app. There is no reason to get the 4k one just for iptv.
I do have the 4 in 1 app, but haven't tried on my Firestick, have used it on my Mibox, seems to work well, although I understand for it to properly work I am supposed to have 4 subs?
These are great for IPTV, my service works great, and fantastic picture, regardless of regular stick or the 4K one. I had previously bought the 4K Dongle style from Target in the US, before they had the 4K stick here, got it for $30 US, and working fantastic, the remotes with these are beasts, and work great for TV power and volume control.
Last edited by jackass_ca on Jul 13th, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4584 posts
2661 upvotes
ahoroba wrote: Just ordered a 4K stick for $44.99 (plus tax, with free 1-day delivery) using the "voice ordering" feature of the Alexa app for Android. I was hoping that the discount would stack with the $5 credit on my account (from installing and using the Amazon Assistant Chrome extension last week), but sadly it did not stack.
Thanks to OP and to the RFD users above, who alerted us to this early discount offer.
How, it’s still $69.99 Canadian??
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16174 posts
17674 upvotes
Sejad wrote: So, would apps you install yourself like Kodi work fine obviously? Also, do you have to even have Amazon Prime to use the stick? Or can you just make a amazon account and use the device?
You don't need a Prime subscription, just an Amazon account. Kodi should be fine.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11571 posts
2957 upvotes
Sejad wrote: How, it’s still $69.99 Canadian??
Order using Alexa, just did on my cell phone, using Alexa app, and went to Amazon on my PC (I'm at work with no access to my ECHO) and it was in cart at $45

Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4584 posts
2661 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: You don't need a Prime subscription, just an Amazon account. Kodi should be fine.
Sweet, so it’ll work in Europe too!!
jackass_ca wrote: Order using Alexa, just did on my cell phone, using Alexa app, and went to Amazon on my PC (I'm at work with no access to my ECHO) and it was in cart at $45
I have an iPhone, no Alexa here lol.
May 8, 2001
670 posts
789 upvotes
Sejad wrote:
It's there. Just search for Amazon Alexa in the Appstore. It's also on Android.. and you know that's Google so...
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11571 posts
2957 upvotes
Sejad wrote: Sweet, so it’ll work in Europe too!!
MikeNet wrote: It's there. Just search for Amazon Alexa in the Appstore. It's also on Android.. and you know that's Google so...
This!

It's an app, that's all I have on Android, the app. Linked to all my Alexa devices at home

Aug 1, 2010
986 posts
636 upvotes
Confirmed $25 discount on 4k Stick applies in cart when ordering via Alexa
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1516 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
i just ordered through the alexa app too! 44.99
if alexa says "I can only shop in the primary language associated with the account." contact amazon through chat and let them know, they will change your location and default to amazon.ca store happened to me just now
Dec 23, 2016
237 posts
232 upvotes
Ottawa
Amazon tablets are so outdated, that's why they are so cheap. Even when they were just released they were outdated. I would not by another tablet on micro usb.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1299 posts
308 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: I do have the 4 in 1 app, but haven't tried on my Firestick, have used it on my Mibox, seems to work well, although I understand for it to properly work I am supposed to have 4 subs?
These are great for IPTV, my service works great, and fantastic picture, regardless of regular stick or the 4K one. I had previously bought the 4K Dongle style from Target in the US, before they had the 4K stick here, got it for $30 US, and working fantastic, the remotes with these are beasts, and work great for TV power and volume control.
Correct, each picture or channel uses 1 connection. So 4 subs needed for 4 channels at the same time.