[Amazon Canada] Prime Day - GermGuardian AC4825 22" Air Purifier $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 12:02 am
[OP]
Feb 27, 2019
5 posts
12 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day - GermGuardian AC4825 22" Air Purifier $69.99

First time posting here but wanted to contribute a pretty decent price for this well reviewed air purifier.

Happened to be browsing around and found this lighting deal for this air purifier I bought a while back. Cheapest price I've seen for this unit.

Lighting deal has it $69.99 - regular is $119.99

Happy hunting fellow friends
Last edited by Rdizo7 on Jul 16th, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Oct 4, 2005
156 posts
65 upvotes
I bought a different model from Costco. I don’t know if it works but room seems less dusty when I run it. I usually run it overnight. Research I’ve done says air purifiers need to run for long periods for it to be effective. I.e dont expect it to do anything if you only run it a few hours a day. I run mine overnight in the bedroom.

Costco.ca sells same model in a two pack with two filtrrs for comparison:

https://www.costco.ca/GermGuardian-22%2 ... 61647.html
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3176 posts
2399 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
thanks for the Costco link. They sell replacement filters for $65 for 2 ... ouch
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2368 posts
2638 upvotes
raskal wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:18 pm
thanks for the Costco link. They sell replacement filters for $65 for 2 ... ouch
Got same filter single pack cheaper on Amazon with S&S. Around 24$ each

Btw, fakespot doesnt seem to be reliable, noticed many discrepancies. Maybe that is just me.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Mar 12, 2018
171 posts
160 upvotes
Thanks. Got one. Looks like a mechanical knob instead of digital so hopefully it'll work with a smart plug.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2019
5 posts
12 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:28 pm
Got same filter single pack cheaper on Amazon with S&S. Around 24$ each

Btw, fakespot doesnt seem to be reliable, noticed many discrepancies. Maybe that is just me.
Is that an old price?

Amazon currently has the Type B filter for this air purifier for $30.38 for 5% discount S&S.
Feb 26, 2008
517 posts
389 upvotes
Surrey
I initially bought this a few months ago and then returned it. It is fairly silent but the big issue I had with it was that it only blew air out the one side. It's suppose to come out both left and right and I believe a design problem prevented that. I returned it to the store.

But does it work? Yes! I noticed my throat wasn't as irritated and I didn't feel as congested. Though subjective as that maybe, that was my experience. I also have a filter in my furnace that is suppose to cut down on allergens but haven't noticed much difference with that. Been looking for another one since but haven't found one that I liked. I would have kept it but at that time I believe I paid around $100 for it. At this price point, it's worth the purchase despite that design flaw.

I have a couple of the plug in germ guardian units with the UV light. They are great at getting rid of odours if you have pets. Put them near a cat litter box and it drastically reduces the smell.
Last edited by rancid82 on Jul 16th, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 26, 2008
517 posts
389 upvotes
Surrey
pallidman wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:45 pm
Thanks. Got one. Looks like a mechanical knob instead of digital so hopefully it'll work with a smart plug.
The air portion will work with the plug but the UV light needs to be manually turned on by pressing the button.
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the costco 2 pack with the 2 bonus filters for $269.99...in January...damn this is an awesome price. I joined the wait list because I wouldn't mind getting another one for another room.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2368 posts
2638 upvotes
Rdizo7 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:51 pm
Is that an old price?

Amazon currently has the Type B filter for this air purifier for $30.38 for 5% discount S&S.
Yeah, checked it now, and it is 27$ with 15% S&S
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.