• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 4:51 pm
[OP]
Oct 1, 2009
123 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: hydraSense Advanced Eye Drops, 2-pack, $15.39

I've been buying this 2-pack for years, usually paying between $17-$21 depending if I had used a coupon and/or S&S.

Currently, it's 30% off, limit 4, but no S&S.

The ones I bought last month had expiry dates in 2023.

The regular version 2-pack is also on sale at $13.99.
28 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13109 posts
3573 upvotes
RFD
I noticed this too but I buy the night therapy version for the higher concentration of sodium hyaluronate than the advanced version. Both are on sale.
Mar 12, 2016
752 posts
977 upvotes
great preservative-free eye drop for its price

-optometrist
[OP]
Oct 1, 2009
123 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
UWOD2020 wrote: great preservative-free eye drop for its price

-optometrist
I was initially using Hylo, but at $40+ per bottle at SDM, it's way too expensive!
[OP]
Oct 1, 2009
123 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
radeonboy wrote: I noticed this too but I buy the night therapy version for the higher concentration of sodium hyaluronate than the advanced version. Both are on sale.
Thanks! I'll give hydraSense Night Therapy Eye Drops a try. Currently $9.09 (35% off) for a single bottle.
Apr 11, 2020
99 posts
108 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: I noticed this too but I buy the night therapy version for the higher concentration of sodium hyaluronate than the advanced version. Both are on sale.
Hi, what's the purpose of this higher concentration? I use eye drops periodically when eyes are dry, however more often than not it's after cannabis use right before bed. Would the night therapy version serve me better?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2640 posts
1557 upvotes
Toronto
It's a great price! I found there was a slight issue when dispensing that it didn't dispense a perfect drop rather there was always a residual remaining on the tip which caused wasteful product and not to mention added up over time which could have been used. Hopefully it was from a particular batch lot and not in general with this brand.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2640 posts
1557 upvotes
Toronto
maeda wrote: I was initially using Hylo, but at $40+ per bottle at SDM, it's way too expensive!
Costco pharmacy sells both Hylo bottles. IIRC regular was $32.xx and gel was $43.xx. No membership required to purchase.

I totally agree, when you go through eye drops a lot, they add up very quickly and this is a great alternative!
Last edited by cluless on Oct 14th, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13109 posts
3573 upvotes
RFD
maeda wrote: I was initially using Hylo, but at $40+ per bottle at SDM, it's way too expensive!
Came from Hylo as well. Hylo tip dispenser is better though than these, but for the price it can be managed.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24640 posts
1805 upvotes
Markham, ON
cluless wrote: Costco pharmacy sells both Hylo bottles. IIRC regular was $32.xx and gel was $43.xx. No membership required to purchase.

I totally agree, when you go through eye drops a lot, they add up very quickly and this is a great alternative!
hmmm u sure? i thought no membership was only applicable to prescriptions...i've always been asked for membership on hylo (for my dad...until he got himself a membership)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13109 posts
3573 upvotes
RFD
cluless wrote: It's a great price! I found there was a slight issue when dispensing that it didn't dispense a perfect drop rather there was always a residual remaining on the tip which caused wasteful product and not to mention added up over time which could have been used. Hopefully it was from a particular batch lot and not in general with this brand.
You're right about the dispensing mechanism, I'd rather a tip dispenser like on the Hylo. This one is harder to gauge if putting it by yourself.
Mar 12, 2016
752 posts
977 upvotes
Yeah. No doubt Hylo is a bit more effective for more severe dry eyes but for most cases many people don't notice a difference in symptom relief. Hylo is also harder to use for some people, especially older individuals when compared to the squeeze bottles (with that being said, some preservative-free squeeze bottles are hard to squeeze too, part of the technology). But hylo does end up lasting longer than most because each pump dispenses a very precise amount, and Costco sells them behind the counter as well for slightly less.
Last edited by UWOD2020 on Oct 14th, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13109 posts
3573 upvotes
RFD
Windyt wrote: Hi, what's the purpose of this higher concentration? I use eye drops periodically when eyes are dry, however more often than not it's after cannabis use right before bed. Would the night therapy version serve me better?
My doc recommended me the higher concentration for my specific eye issue. I recall he also said my other symptoms would respond more effectively with a higher concentration.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6566 posts
5158 upvotes
Avoid, the gel Night Therapy version is 100 times better. I use 1 bottle of it a week.

Hylo is not particularly better than Night Therapy. The only reason why it's so expensive is that it's distributed by a small middleman that pockets an added profit margin. That's it. It's not 4 times better, that's BS. The formula of the two is about the same.

Hydrasense is less expensive because Bayer has the distribution network and contacts with every single retailer in the country and is able to produce millions of bottles in a short time. It's purely a matter of scale.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7599 posts
3679 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Avoid, the gel Night Therapy version is 100 times better. I use 1 bottle of it a week.

Hylo is not particularly better than Night Therapy. The only reason why it's so expensive is that it's distributed by a small middleman that pockets an added profit margin. That's it. It's not 4 times better, that's BS. The formula of the two is about the same.

Hydrasense is less expensive because Bayer has the distribution network and contacts with every single retailer in the country and is able to produce millions of bottles in a short time. It's purely a matter of scale.
Avoid the gel Night Therapy version? Your use of punctuation suggests the gel Night Therapy version is better.