Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: hydraSense Advanced Eye Drops, 2-pack, $15.39

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 4:51 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6560 posts
5151 upvotes
choclover wrote: Avoid the gel Night Therapy version? Your use of punctuation suggests the gel Night Therapy version is better.
No, the Night Therapy, gel version of Hydrasense is the good one. It's the liquid ones that are bad.

I wait until they are less than $10 and buy them. I have a huge bag of 100 bottles.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2637 posts
1547 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote: hmmm u sure? i thought no membership was only applicable to prescriptions...i've always been asked for membership on hylo (for my dad...until he got himself a membership)
I've purchased a couple of other items (that reside behind the counter) from pharmacy successfully without membership. They do ask as a requirement but not enforced. I haven't had an issue the small few times I picked up.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1280 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
maeda wrote: I was initially using Hylo, but at $40+ per bottle at SDM, it's way too expensive!
I switched from Hylo to this - definitely a good decision.
Highly recommend the orange advanced version. Feels less sticky and less messy around eye lashes compared to the regular version.
Mar 12, 2016
752 posts
975 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Avoid, the gel Night Therapy version is 100 times better. I use 1 bottle of it a week.

Hylo is not particularly better than Night Therapy. The only reason why it's so expensive is that it's distributed by a small middleman that pockets an added profit margin. That's it. It's not 4 times better, that's BS. The formula of the two is about the same.

Hydrasense is less expensive because Bayer has the distribution network and contacts with every single retailer in the country and is able to produce millions of bottles in a short time. It's purely a matter of scale.
I am not going to dispute whether hylo or hydrasense is better. But I will point out that the hyaluronic acid used in both cases are different, and the non-medicinal components which are important for bioavailability such as contact time and dessication prevention are also different. Once again, this is not to highlight one is better than the other.

The reason I won't go into detail because most drops currently being used all perform very well, both in subjective (symptoms) and objective measures. Hylo is approved for post-surgical use, but it does not mean hydrasense is inferior, just newer. I have had patients find most relief from hylo over other drops like idrop, hyabak, or hydrasense; or people who do better with hylo's pump.

Hylo is simply a proven formula, but most important is to try others and decide for yourself (with your optometrist or ophthalmologist). There are reasons certain formulae work better for certain eyes which have no scientific reason as to why (for now), so at the end of the day you gotta try them (yay for samples!)

I just dont want people to think "if this drop is exactly the same as hylo, and hylo is the best they got, and this drop isnt helping, then eye drops wont help me at all!"
Last edited by UWOD2020 on Oct 14th, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 10, 2019
225 posts
189 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Avoid, the gel Night Therapy version is 100 times better. I use 1 bottle of it a week.

Hylo is not particularly better than Night Therapy. The only reason why it's so expensive is that it's distributed by a small middleman that pockets an added profit margin. That's it. It's not 4 times better, that's BS. The formula of the two is about the same.

Hydrasense is less expensive because Bayer has the distribution network and contacts with every single retailer in the country and is able to produce millions of bottles in a short time. It's purely a matter of scale.
for some reason the night therapy gel versions seem to make me get dry eyes throughout the day compared to cheaper Refresh eyedrops w/ sodium preservatives..
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2013
1033 posts
362 upvotes
BC
Poutinesauce wrote: No, the Night Therapy, gel version of Hydrasense is the good one. It's the liquid ones that are bad.

I wait until they are less than $10 and buy them. I have a huge bag of 100 bottles.
What is the typical expiry on the Night Therapy bottles? Wondering if I should have ordered more than 2.
Intel Core i7-9700KF | Asus Strix 2070 Super | <3
Dec 12, 2006
36 posts
14 upvotes
Terrace
This isn't a bad deal. One of the small pharmacy's around the corner from me always has a 3 for $25 for those eyedrops, and you can pick any line of the brand as long as it's the same size (eg: red eye, dry eye, etc.
Sep 10, 2015
200 posts
36 upvotes
Brampton, ON
DanRFD wrote: What is the typical expiry on the Night Therapy bottles? Wondering if I should have ordered more than 2.
I got Night Time ver on Sunday from Amzn... expiry 2023 Feb.
Thanks OP, in for a few of this and the Night time
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6560 posts
5151 upvotes
UWOD2020 wrote: I am not going to dispute whether hylo or hydrasense is better. But I will point out that the hyaluronic acid used in both cases are different, and the non-medicinal components which are important for bioavailability such as contact time and dessication prevention are also different. Once again, this is not to highlight one is better than the other.

The reason I won't go into detail because most drops currently being used all perform very well, both in subjective (symptoms) and objective measures. Hylo is approved for post-surgical use, but it does not mean hydrasense is inferior, just newer. I have had patients find most relief from hylo over other drops like idrop, hyabak, or hydrasense; or people who do better with hylo's pump.

Hylo is simply a proven formula, but most important is to try others and decide for yourself (with your optometrist or ophthalmologist). There are reasons certain formulae work better for certain eyes which have no scientific reason as to why (for now), so at the end of the day you gotta try them (yay for samples!)

I just dont want people to think "if this drop is exactly the same as hylo, and hylo is the best they got, and this drop isnt helping, then eye drops wont help me at all!"
I agree that different people might react differently. But ultimately, these two formulas are sodium hyaluronate-based and thus work very similarly. And when you need a lot of eye drops regularly, asking to pay $40 for a bottle of eye drops when a similar one can be had for $9 when on sale becomes a big burden. Cost effectiveness matters. I use a bottle a week.
[OP]
Oct 1, 2009
123 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DanRFD wrote: What is the typical expiry on the Night Therapy bottles? Wondering if I should have ordered more than 2.
The Night Gel that I ordered on Sep 2020 has an expiry of Jun 2022.

But I didn't order the single. I ordered the Day and Night Pack (which is just 1 orange and 1 purple).
Nov 14, 2008
264 posts
82 upvotes
The only problem with Hydrasense is the tip gets stuck/clogged too often and no drop comes out, can be frustrating and you gotta bang it to fix it.

I stock up on Systane Ultra Hydration ($10), it clears my red-eyes effectively.
[OP]
Oct 1, 2009
123 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cluless wrote: I received my order and the expiry date shows June 2022.
I got mine as well. Orange ones show an expiry of June 2022. The regular blue ones show an expiry of January 2023.