Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: iRobot Roomba 690 Wi-Fi Connected Robotic Vacuum Cleaner - $303.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 3:03 pm
[OP]
May 2, 2018
130 posts
207 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: iRobot Roomba 690 Wi-Fi Connected Robotic Vacuum Cleaner - $303.98

$379.98 when added to cart, but for Prime members it drops to $303.98 when checking out.
Lower than historical low of $349 according to CCC.
9 replies
Aug 29, 2017
275 posts
307 upvotes
How are these lower model roomba - do they do a good job? My xiaomi roborock is showing its age and its so hard to get oem parts for it that I want to switch to roomba, but to get something that has the mapping as well as start and resume features with roomba is spending about $700+ for that
Mar 7, 2008
631 posts
158 upvotes
Leask
Is this any good? So many variations of iRobot nowadays...
Mar 7, 2008
631 posts
158 upvotes
Leask
dgcan75 wrote: How are these lower model roomba - do they do a good job? My xiaomi roborock is showing its age and its so hard to get oem parts for it that I want to switch to roomba, but to get something that has the mapping as well as start and resume features with roomba is spending about $700+ for that
So this model doesn’t have mapping?
Jul 20, 2018
430 posts
349 upvotes
Is this good for carpet? Also does it work on laminate as well? Anyone have any experience with this?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6004 posts
1649 upvotes
dgcan75 wrote: How are these lower model roomba - do they do a good job? My xiaomi roborock is showing its age and its so hard to get oem parts for it that I want to switch to roomba, but to get something that has the mapping as well as start and resume features with roomba is spending about $700+ for that
Curious as well. I bought one for $500+ when they first came out and it's a piece of crap. I have to move tables, chairs, barstools, etc. Almost a waste of time. Not to mention it misses a lot. Need something with mapping and won't get caught up in chairs.
Aug 29, 2017
275 posts
307 upvotes
I think the i7 and s9 are the more advanced ones with mapping, etc but they are soooo expensive
Jan 25, 2015
206 posts
87 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Avoid the low end roombas. They're all random movement vacuums and they miss a lot of dirt. If you're looking for a cost effective robot with mapping check out the Neato D3, 4, 5, 6, etc series. They all map your floor on the app and allow for invisible barriers. Roborock is also one of the best in this field. Roombas are overpriced junk for what they do. I'd avoid anything that doesn't map out your floor and uses random movement.
Oct 2, 2007
146 posts
87 upvotes
YYC
I’ve recently started using my 8 year old Roomba again after it’s been sitting in its box for the past 5 years. It works perfectly still. Yes it’s random movement but in my experience it gets pretty much everything each time I use it. I’ve got about 1800 sq ft over 3 levels and it can get 2 levels done on a single charge. The best part is that it gets under the beds, something I find a bit tedious using my Dyson V10 (even though it’s an amazing machine).

Do I consider it perfectly clean? Hell no. But it gets all the surface dust and dirt and I find myself running it a couple times a week just to have that freshly vacuumed look on the carpets.

I was going to try to hawk it on Kijiji given I hadn’t used it in years, but I’m really into again. I’d say this thing is definitely worth the $300, especially if you’ve got a home that’s only 1 level.

I’m even considering this deal as a upgrade to mine (newer tech, wifi, etc).
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1993 posts
367 upvotes
I bought a iRobot Roomba e6 6198 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum on July 1st at costco.ca that was on sale for $389.99 ($100 off reg price of $489.99 )
Very confused of all the different iRobot features.
Is the iRobot Roomba 690 Wi-Fi Connected Robotic Vacuum Cleaner essentially the same as the iRobot Roomba e6 6198 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum?
What differences are there, good or bad?
It is easier returning things to costco than amazon.