Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day: LAVA HOT - Crest Whitestrips 28 strips (2 pack) $49.99 (REGULARLY $90!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 12:46 pm
[OP]
Oct 12, 2012
743 posts
972 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day: LAVA HOT - Crest Whitestrips 28 strips (2 pack) $49.99 (REGULARLY $90!)

Prime users only.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07J54XPKD?psc=1

2 pack of 28 strips each (14 day treatment) for only $49.99.

Regularly 1 pack is $45 on its own! Buy 1 get 1 for $5 :)

Enjoy!
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 15th, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added Prime Day to title
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1721 posts
1734 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any dentists care to comment on the teeth health and safety when it comes to using these?

I know y'all visit these forums because of how $$$tingy in the office you are Winking Face
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2443 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
i hate when people add LAVA HOT to the subject, but the deal is really good, so thank you and upvoted.
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2012
743 posts
972 upvotes
golden_m wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 12:29 pm
i hate when people add LAVA HOT to the subject, but the deal is really good, so thank you and upvoted.
Saved for special occasions like this :)
Nov 23, 2017
864 posts
1736 upvotes
Bought these last prime day, and they were way too strong for me to use daily; they made my teeth very sensitive. If you have the same issue I would suggest getting a less potent kit.

They do a pretty decent job at whitening though.
Nov 15, 2013
487 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Any chance the trays are on sale. I heard those provide better in-between the teeth coverage.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2012
743 posts
972 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 12:34 pm
Bought these last prime day, and they were way too strong for me to use daily; they made my teeth very sensitive. If you have the same issue I would suggest getting a less potent kit.

They do a pretty decent job at whitening though.
I never had any sensitivity issues so YMMV. Great job at whitening though, a bunch of people noticed.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2391 posts
2578 upvotes
Used 28 last time they were on sale and there was no change in colour. Either I got fakes or these are ymmv.

I did get my money back though with the guarantee
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Mar 30, 2016
113 posts
99 upvotes
blackston3 wrote:
Any dentists care to comment on the teeth health and safety when it comes to using these?

I know y'all visit these forums because of how $$$tingy in the office you are Winking Face
The best case scenario is for you to go to the dentist to get a one time cast made of your teeth and get a customized tray that fits your teeth perfectly. Then get the whitening solution to use at home (if you know a dentist they can order for you). The way it was explained to me is that whitening agents need to “demineralize” the hard part of the teeth (enamel) for the whitening to penetrate the teeth, which is what makes the teeth sensitive for a bit (saliva will remineralize later). To do that they are extremely acidic. So when you use crest white strips, they are generic rectangles that cover that little triangle of gum on either side of the teeth and with time the gums can nécrose (basically burn off and die) from the acidity.

TL,DR: for long term use it can burn your gums. If you can get a custom tray fitted to your teeth. But the strips do work.

Source: my cousin is a dentist and explained it to me this way
[OP]
Oct 12, 2012
743 posts
972 upvotes
NavieM wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 1:06 pm
Used 28 last time they were on sale and there was no change in colour. Either I got fakes or these are ymmv.

I did get my money back though with the guarantee
Weird. I followed the instructions very closely and my teeth were noticably whiter, several friends and family pointed it out without me mentioning it.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2455 posts
1403 upvotes
golden_m wrote:
Agreed....let the people decide what is hot. Just post the deal and see what happens.

Sadly more often than not the "LAVA HOT!!!!" posts are either not hot at all, very limited stock or OOS. This one is a good deal, upvoted.
Jun 12, 2010
632 posts
138 upvotes
Vancouver
thx - been meaning to try. upvoted
Dec 27, 2005
92 posts
15 upvotes
I'm a heavy coffee drinker and also didn't notice much difference after one box of this. It lightened the tops of my bottom teeth a bit but almost no effects on the top row.
I got better results with the Crest 1-Hour Express strips