Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Classic Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush ALL COLOURS HOT! $134.95

Oct 25, 2018
827 posts
803 upvotes
eelfliw wrote: The Sonicare Optimal (a no-frills model) is 1/2 the price ($135 for 2) at Costco from Oct 12 - 25. https://www.costco.ca/coupons.html?langId=-24
I need to get one that has pressure warning (I have no idea what Sonicare I have but my dentist sold me it for $60) and this looks too good to pass.

I don't need a bajillion different modes.

Thanks!
Dec 23, 2014
11 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
elfion wrote: You guys really should try the Xiaomi toothbrush. I switched from Phillips and never going back
Would you mind sharing the reason and link please? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3127 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto
Glass charger and travel charger in this make it worth it imo. Paid about the same a couple years back and recommend it, battery and motor still going strong. I use third party brush heads that cost around a buck or two a piece.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1151 posts
2499 upvotes
dealio333 wrote: I was literally doing research all morning trying to decide whether to go with the Oral B Pro 1000 (which is also on sale today) or the Diamond Clean. The wireless charging and travel case were very tempting, but like you said it seems as though the extra modes are mostly garbage (most of the reviews say the same outside of the sensitive mode). That, and I really don't want to be paying such a premium for brush heads.

Thanks for the input!
I used to have an Oral-B with Bluetooth and a phone app. I just found it a hassle after a week and now I only have the basic 1000 model.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1297 posts
654 upvotes
dealio333 wrote: I was literally doing research all morning trying to decide whether to go with the Oral B Pro 1000 (which is also on sale today) or the Diamond Clean. The wireless charging and travel case were very tempting, but like you said it seems as though the extra modes are mostly garbage (most of the reviews say the same outside of the sensitive mode). That, and I really don't want to be paying such a premium for brush heads.

Thanks for the input!
Kind of a weird comparison since it's a high end sonicare model vs a low end oral b model. If you don't need the travel case and extra modes like "massaging, pulsing, etc" the sonicare models are all the same, even the kid versions. If you really want the travel case, Oral B makes one too (8000 model). If you want a bare bones model, the Oral B 3000 models and up have higher rotations, or rpm, or whatever it's called. The 1000 model is not the same, so i would go for at least the 3000.
Aug 5, 2020
61 posts
31 upvotes
ktkn wrote: Kind of a weird comparison since it's a high end sonicare model vs a low end oral b model. If you don't need the travel case and extra modes like "massaging, pulsing, etc" the sonicare models are all the same, even the kid versions. If you really want the travel case, Oral B makes one too (8000 model). If you want a bare bones model, the Oral B 3000 models and up have higher rotations, or rpm, or whatever it's called. The 1000 model is not the same, so i would go for at least the 3000.
It was more of a comparison of value, I'm sure the higher end models perform better. The Oral B 1000 is on for 50 bucks while the Diamondcare is 135 and the Oral B 3000 is 124. I think ultimately you're paying the extra money for the accessories and a better battery/more RPMs. The 1000 includes all the most useful features of the high end models IMO. I think the Sonicare 4100 is the closest comparison from Philips and it's 30 bucks more than the 1000.
Aug 2, 2007
217 posts
173 upvotes
I like my Diamond Sonic Care, but I don't even use the other options like deep clean or white. Buy a cheaper one.
In addition, the design isn't the greatest. After two years, I get the phantom turn on. Google it. You will see that when water gets into the body after the head seal fails, it will turn itself on randomly. Is a known defect.
Jan 13, 2009
736 posts
281 upvotes
zx1981ok wrote: Would you mind sharing the reason and link please? Thanks!
I was using a few Philips up to and not including Diamond. Then I switched to Soocas X3. the power of the motor is not even close to philips. The only thing I found annoying for me personally is that the charging was done through wireless charging station but only really necessary like once per month. so that station would be sitting somewhere other than bathroom and getting lost occasionally. now in the new Soocas X3U they switched to USB-C charging so that is now solved which is perfect. I am still using my older Soocas brushes so will switch to X3U when they die.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4685 posts
2098 upvotes
IMO

Just buy the cheapest electric toothbrush of whatever your preference is (Sonicare or Oral-B, curious about the Ferrywell or whatever on Amazon too). The way I see it, whether you have an expensive model or a cheapie one, these things last around 2-3 years (warranty conveniently ends) before the battery is shot or things act up.
Yes, I know there will be that guy that has an Oral-B or Sonicare from 2003 that still works, but I'm just saying modern day ones crap out quicker.

I use Sonicare, but that's because I think the cheapie knock off heads from Aliexpress/eBay are fantasticcccccccc, been using for like 8 years and they're like 25 cents each or something. Just have to pre-plan your order since it'll take like 3 months to arrive.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
iPhone 11, 64gb, Black, 93% Battery Health, w/ Spigen Clear Case - $720 Shipped + Insured, EMT Only
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1297 posts
654 upvotes
dealio333 wrote: It was more of a comparison of value, I'm sure the higher end models perform better. The Oral B 1000 is on for 50 bucks while the Diamondcare is 135 and the Oral B 3000 is 124. I think ultimately you're paying the extra money for the accessories and a better battery/more RPMs. The 1000 includes all the most useful features of the high end models IMO. I think the Sonicare 4100 is the closest comparison from Philips and it's 30 bucks more than the 1000.
Oh, I was operating under the premise the 1000 and 3000 models were similar in pricing. Walmart has the 3000 for $60:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01A08 ... UTF8&psc=1

In my experience, if there is no rush, Oral B 5000 models can be had for about $50 on sale. The next step up that I would try to get would be the 8000 strictly because of the travel charging case. However, you can always buy that seperately, so you'll have to calculate if it's worth getting. For example, they had clearance at Walmart earlier (previous RFD thread) where I just bought the 8000 for $90 or $99.. can't remember.

Sonicare, if you don't care about any fancy features, all handles are the same so all you need to do is get the appropriate brush head you prefer. Sonicare Diamondclean on a really good sale always hovers a little over $100ish. If you want this particular model, $135 is pretty decent.

If you wanted to pick, I would not consider anything under 3000 for Oral B or you can pick (almost) any handle from Sonicare for the same price. For $50, I would pick a Sonicare handle over the 1000 or buy the 3000 for $60 at regular price (actually, I wouldn't really want to buy at regular price =)
Feb 5, 2007
597 posts
229 upvotes
Mississauga
I asked my dentist at my recent appointment and the reason why sonicare is so recommended is because the force of the bristles is much softer in comparison to other brands. Excessive force near the gumline or using the "brushing motion" can cause your gumline to recede. With the sonicare, you don't have to be scared and go as close to the gumline as you need without fear of harming it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7215 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
I have used the costco one tho not diamond clean. Is there a difference part from the premium travel usb case and glass charger?
Heat 43-0-0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)