Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Prime Day: Ring alarm system 5 pc $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 9:33 am
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2448 posts
1073 upvotes
Toronto
Tubbyboii wrote: Just put in request to refund the echo dot and it let me. Saved another $33
Did they refund you before you receive the Echo Dot?
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
Tubbyboii wrote: Just put in request to refund the echo dot and it let me. Saved another $33
why is my echo return only giving me 25 lol
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Clee wrote: Where did you shit it too?
And will they keep the package until travel restrictions are lifted?
Couple years back, I purchase it in Homedepot in Laval, not sure why, but they were the only homedepot in quebec who had them.
In your case, probably either ship it to an Canada post PO flexdelivery box at Hawkesbury or cornwall.
In quebec, you aren't able to use the 24hr monitoring, it's only local monitoring.
===========
Luckymobile (AC+BF deal), 20$ unlimited calls/ text + 3.25gig
Oct 25, 2013
207 posts
308 upvotes
matt4670 wrote: Did they refund you before you receive the Echo Dot?
No i had to wait to get it then process the return like normal. Only cuz i had the echo dot on the same order as a bunch of other stuff
nagooro wrote: why is my echo return only giving me 25 lol
Did you get the 8piece or 5piece maybe theres a saving difference with different count
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
Tubbyboii wrote: No i had to wait to get it then process the return like normal. Only cuz i had the echo dot on the same order as a bunch of other stuff

Did you get the 8piece or 5piece maybe theres a saving difference with different count
I got the 14pc, you? maybe more pieces=less per item
Nov 23, 2006
593 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone else still waiting for delivery? Mine was supposed to arrive Friday and I don't have any updates beyond "shipped".
Nov 23, 2006
593 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario
What did you say the reason for return was? I was just about to do the same, but didn't know what would get me the best return, if there is such a thing.
Jul 11, 2018
131 posts
44 upvotes
Was anyone able to return the dot or the extra keypad?
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
xmanofsteel69 wrote: Anyone else still waiting for delivery? Mine was supposed to arrive Friday and I don't have any updates beyond "shipped".
They got slammed. I'm getting this order in pieces. Got two echo dots Friday, one Stick Up Cam yesterday and the motion sensor today. The motion sensor was supposed to show up yesterday but got to the nearest FC after the shipment had been sent out to the delivery hub.

I'm not supposed to get the main kit until early November and then second keypad after that.

The contact sensors are showing delivery pending.

It was a steal so I don't mind waiting.
Jul 11, 2018
131 posts
44 upvotes
nanoo777 wrote: They got slammed. I'm getting this order in pieces. Got two echo dots Friday, one Stick Up Cam yesterday and the motion sensor today. The motion sensor was supposed to show up yesterday but got to the nearest FC after the shipment had been sent out to the delivery hub.

I'm not supposed to get the main kit until early November and then second keypad after that.

Same here, got the dot & extra keyboard Friday and rest of the 14 pieces kit estimated to arrive Tuesday
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Oct 25, 2013
207 posts
308 upvotes
xmanofsteel69 wrote: What did you say the reason for return was? I was just about to do the same, but didn't know what would get me the best return, if there is such a thing.
I put it as product performance or quality not adequate online. Usually they always approve those returns no questions asked and did not fill out the details.
Nov 23, 2006
593 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario
nanoo777 wrote: They got slammed. I'm getting this order in pieces. Got two echo dots Friday, one Stick Up Cam yesterday and the motion sensor today. The motion sensor was supposed to show up yesterday but got to the nearest FC after the shipment had been sent out to the delivery hub.

I got the 8 piece set, as well as a few other items and the alarm is the only thing missing at this point. I hope mine comes before early November as I'm moving early November!

Might have to get a refund if it doesn't get here in time and just reorder on black Friday or boxing Day if it's as good of a price.

Wonder if I ask for a refund if I get refunded the entire amount and get to keep the free dot, or if the cost is prorated.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
xmanofsteel69 wrote: I got the 8 piece set, as well as a few other items and the alarm is the only thing missing at this point. I hope mine comes before early November as I'm moving early November!

Might have to get a refund if it doesn't get here in time and just reorder on black Friday or boxing Day if it's as good of a price.

Wonder if I ask for a refund if I get refunded the entire amount and get to keep the free dot, or if the cost is prorated.
You'll get it in time. Amazon is notorious for over stating delivery times (it's usually a few days earlier from experience).

Echo Dot is prorated. I got the 14 pc kit but might've bought too much. Might end up getting the retrofit kit since I have hardwired sensors and a motion detector. Apparently the motion detector isn't officially supported but if you wire the power off the original alarm and then connect the sensors, it apparently works perfectly fine.
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
nanoo777 wrote: You'll get it in time. Amazon is notorious for over stating delivery times (it's usually a few days earlier from experience).

Echo Dot is prorated. I got the 14 pc kit but might've bought too much. Might end up getting the retrofit kit since I have hardwired sensors and a motion detector. Apparently the motion detector isn't officially supported but if you wire the power off the original alarm and then connect the sensors, it apparently works perfectly fine.
I'm in the same boat. Want to use my existing motion, contact sensors and integrate into ring. Wonder if my ADT smoke alarm will integrate too
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
MisterTeee wrote: I'm in the same boat. Want to use my existing motion, contact sensors and integrate into ring. Wonder if my ADT smoke alarm will integrate too
Smoke alarm is definitely not supported. If you google hardwired motion sensor and ring, there's a post on Reddit about this. The poster explained they wired the motion sensor to the Ring retrofit and then wired the other two leads to the power from the original alarm panel board since it's still running.

Some other neat things you can do is get a 12V to 5V adapter and replace the old panel with Ring without having to run a separate power adapter.

I only have the five sensors (two doors, three windows) so I'll likely sell off what I don't need.
Nov 23, 2006
593 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario
nanoo777 wrote: You'll get it in time. Amazon is notorious for over stating delivery times (it's usually a few days earlier from experience).

I usually get things earlier or exactly on the date they indicate. Which is why I'm concerned as I was supposed to receive on Friday and now the system tells me if I don't have it by Wednesday I can cancel for refund. It says it's shipped, but no info from courier.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
xmanofsteel69 wrote: I usually get things earlier or exactly on the date they indicate. Which is why I'm concerned as I was supposed to receive on Friday and now the system tells me if I don't have it by Wednesday I can cancel for refund. It says it's shipped, but no info from courier.
Give it a little patience; a couple of days, perhaps. I've had this happen before. Doubt will get any better offers on Black Friday with Prime Days being so close.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8556 posts
1056 upvotes
So anyone plan to return the Echo?
a
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
elty wrote: So anyone plan to return the Echo?
Debating it, I dont need the echo or the 2nd keypad.

However, my home is currently outfitted with google home stuff, debating if I should switch to the amazon echo train...I have the ecobee, ring door bell, and now ring alarm.
Mar 17, 2017
220 posts
86 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: I'm in the same boat. Want to use my existing motion, contact sensors and integrate into ring. Wonder if my ADT smoke alarm will integrate too
I have wireless ADT sensors. Can those also be used with Ring?