Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: Samsung Harman Kardon HW-Q7CR/ZA 3.1.2 Atmos Soundbar w 8" Sub - $499.98 (50% off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2021 11:48 am
Member
Nov 15, 2015
329 posts
42 upvotes
Is there any chance of catching this soundbar again on Black Friday? I sorely need eARC for my new Xbox and this bar is rated highly.

I saw this thread a while back but had not done my research and realized how important eARC would be, but also did not know I was buying a OLED with eARC
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1569 posts
688 upvotes
BC
HainesGT wrote: Is there any chance of catching this soundbar again on Black Friday? I sorely need eARC for my new Xbox and this bar is rated highly.

I saw this thread a while back but had not done my research and realized how important eARC would be, but also did not know I was buying a OLED with eARC
you voilated the 1 and only rule in RFD lol...
I watched this item even after the sale and it was selling still at regular price of $1k... you might just need to look at the models (q60, q70, q850)...
Member
Nov 15, 2015
329 posts
42 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote: you voilated the 1 and only rule in RFD lol...
I watched this item even after the sale and it was selling still at regular price of $1k... you might just need to look at the models (q60, q70, q850)...
Is the used one on Amazon warehouse worth the 650? I’ll look at those models and hope for a Black Friday miracle.

Edit: I grabbed the used one for 650 that said it had marks. I don’t care about marks, I don’t have time to wait, and if it has issues I can send it back.
My first Amazon warehouse purchase. Worst case I return it I suppose but if I have to pay more and deal with scuffs so be it, I need eARC for Xbox series x to lg CX

I didn’t realize I was going to buy a TV that’s capable. I need to have more foresight lol
Sr. Member
Aug 3, 2009
691 posts
113 upvotes
Love the sound bar but bummed that my 2018 Vizio doesn’t support earc.

With only one HDMI port for in and one for our, I am guessing to enjoy atmos - I either need a sound bar that has multiple inputs or a newer tv

Anyone got any other suggestions ?
Sr. Member
Aug 3, 2009
691 posts
113 upvotes
kendorama wrote: Running from the TV Apps works fine. It's the Shield connection. I tried 3 different HDMI cables, 2 being brand new, one being the brand new Sound bar version and same issues. I've played with every single Shield and LG TV setting, and still have issues. I've read a lot of forums where people have this issue with the Shield. I don't believe it's a problem with normal audio. I've done my testing mainly with Dolby Atmos, also, when it does cut out, the soundbar shows the Dolby Atmos again on the screen so it leads me to believe it loses the connection with the sound bar.

Any ideas on a fix that you might know of?
I have the exact same problem with my shield, did you find any fix ?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1569 posts
688 upvotes
BC
HainesGT wrote: Is the used one on Amazon warehouse worth the 650? I’ll look at those models and hope for a Black Friday miracle.

Edit: I grabbed the used one for 650 that said it had marks. I don’t care about marks, I don’t have time to wait, and if it has issues I can send it back.
My first Amazon warehouse purchase. Worst case I return it I suppose but if I have to pay more and deal with scuffs so be it, I need eARC for Xbox series x to lg CX

I didn’t realize I was going to buy a TV that’s capable. I need to have more foresight lol
dont forget to get the rear speaker kit as per advice by OP...
Member
Nov 15, 2015
329 posts
42 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote: dont forget to get the rear speaker kit as per advice by OP...
Good call. Ordered. I see I need stands for them so I’ll have to figure that out.

Skimming this thread, will my Apple4K TV not allow for Atmos etc through my CX to this soundbar? Can I use my series X to get the sound from streaming media apps correctly?

As far as I understand with eARC I should plug my Xbox series x, and my Apple 4kTV, PS4, switch into TV , and eARC tv to soundbar?
But unless I have a shield I won’t get atmos in streaming apps etc?

@Elrondolio

Edit: I found this

The good news is eARC is not necessary for Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos can be transmitted as both Dolby Digital+ as well as Dolby True HD. ARC supports the former while eARC supports both. Most streaming sources at the moment are using Dolby Digital+ which means if you are watching Apple TV app, iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, or Vudu and you choose Dolby Atmos content, you will get just that.

Dolby True HD supports higher bitrates and higher quality lossless audio. You will need eARC if you are looking to get the best possible audio from your 4K Blu-ray player Though, even then your TV still needs to support not only eARC but pass-through functionality.


Also if anyone has any sound bar models to keep an eye on Black Friday I’m fine with sending this used stuff back to the warehouse if something pops up
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
1026 posts
198 upvotes
cyphr wrote: I have the exact same problem with my shield, did you find any fix ?
No. I read everything I could on the Internet too. Factory reset shield a couple times. Downloaded the Refresh App, tried all sorts of different settings, 3 different BRAND new HDMI cables.
Newbie
Oct 10, 2016
37 posts
16 upvotes
Rear speakers on amazon.com now for $68 USD today + 28 shipping /handling = $96 USD, so around 125 CAD
Newbie
Nov 5, 2020
2 posts
I got this Q70t for Christmas from Costco for 597 but i’m having several issues with it. I have it connected to my sony 900h through HDMI 3 eArc and it WHEN it works it sounds great. But, it only works for a few minutes then cuts out, i cant change the volume up or down using remote/top of bar or the damn samsung app. In fact, the remote is basically useless as nothing works! And of course they dont have any to exchange so it looks like I’ll get a refund.

Top