• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 12:56 pm
[OP]
Nov 27, 2016
4 posts
16 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day: Schlage Connect Z-Wave smart lock $149.99

Good deal on this z-wave lock.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 15th, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
49 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1236 posts
375 upvotes
Ontario
I have this lock at home. Very easy to install. Getting SmartThings to pick it up initially was a bit of a chore however, but now that I've got to to connect it works great.

Been using it about 4 months now.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1086 posts
485 upvotes
CALGARY
Price in the title please.
Mar 7, 2008
365 posts
95 upvotes
Saskatchewan
I have a similar one with Apple support.

Is a great door lock but I use it for garage door only. Don’t like keypad for front door.

For front main entrance door, I use August with no keypad .
Jan 20, 2015
107 posts
54 upvotes
East York, ON
I have 2 of these locks. If you're looking to save some money and have a good zwave network or the door is very close to the hub then it's a good choice. If not, I wouldn't recommend it. The range is very short (~10ft at my house with a wall/door in between) and there are less features than with the new version (zwave plus) and no software updates. I got both my locks for less than $100 clearance at Lowe's so I can't complain.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1236 posts
375 upvotes
Ontario
THINKPOD wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 11:55 am
I have a similar one with Apple support.

Is a great door lock but I use it for garage door only. Don’t like keypad for front door.

For front main entrance door, I use August with no keypad .
Haha with the deal on the August smart lock today, I'll have the opposite setup. I have a Ring Video Doorbell at the front door a well, for piece of mind.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3422 posts
181 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
cbd223 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 11:57 am
I have 2 of these locks. If you're looking to save some money and have a good zwave network or the door is very close to the hub then it's a good choice. If not, I wouldn't recommend it. The range is very short (~10ft at my house with a wall/door in between) and there are less features than with the new version (zwave plus) and no software updates. I got both my locks for less than $100 clearance at Lowe's so I can't complain.
They also have the Z-Wave Plus version on sale as well, $50 more.

https://www.amazon.ca/Schlage-BE469ZP-C ... PQMXS?th=1
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2857 posts
1544 upvotes
Toronto
I originally bought the August lock but canceled the order and got this instead.

The August lock is decent without needing a hub, but I have a Wink hub (which I might need to migrate off eventually) and needed a keypad. If I'm out for a run and I don't carry my keys or phone, the August lock would be a pain without the extra keypad.
Mar 26, 2004
90 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
redkulat wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 12:22 pm
What is the difference for Z-wave plus? Further connectivity?
Mostly improved range and battery life.
Jul 21, 2013
588 posts
216 upvotes
Calgary
If you choose the Century Z-Wave plus model, it's $169.59 before tax.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8739 posts
1738 upvotes
Montreal, QC
saint2e wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 11:52 am
I have this lock at home. Very easy to install. Getting SmartThings to pick it up initially was a bit of a chore however, but now that I've got to to connect it works great.

Been using it about 4 months now.
Yep same experience when I tried ST, ended up going back to Wink but upgraded to an used Hub 2
Even with all the hate around Wink, it supports these locks out of the box with no fiddling (except for range issue when pairing), access code, alarm/sensitivity, vacation mode, all of it.
dfm74 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 12:26 pm
Mostly improved range and battery life.
The non plus claims 1 year battery life with a set of 4xAA already, improved range can help if you have no other z-wave devices to form a mesh or a big house...