• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 11:34 pm
[OP]
Jan 3, 2013
816 posts
2893 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Prime Day: Scotch Flex & Seal Shipping Roll, 20ft Roll $11.99

The Scotch Flex & Seal Shipping Roll, 15" Wide, 20ft Roll is down to $11.99, lowest that it has ever been. Regularly $28, on sale currently at Staples for $17.

Never used before but very cool product, need to watch video on Amazon to understand.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07WDK5T52
12 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3943 posts
3123 upvotes
Ottawa
Neat product - picking up one! Thanks OP.
Jan 5, 2007
365 posts
179 upvotes
Do you use underlayment for shipping? I am rethinking my shipping process and bought a roll to try but my product needs corner protection more than anything. I am thinking to use hardboard cut to reinforce standard cardboard shipping boxes with hot glue. Current process is using cardboard corner protectors and wrapping with bubble wrap but I think the boxes are roughly handled/thrown/kicked.
Sep 24, 2011
648 posts
362 upvotes
Sherbrooke
It really depends what you ship. I ship pretty much anything from laptops to motors. I wrap my item in the subflooring first and then put it in a cardbord box. When the item needs more protection I will wrap the cardboard box with the subflooring as well then use vinyl to protect it from water damage.

I have never had any issues with my items being damaged.
Sep 24, 2011
648 posts
362 upvotes
Sherbrooke
setlist wrote: Interesting. Can you tell us more? Can someone see the contents? Is it already 2 layers where you put the content between layers, or is it a single layer like wrapping paper? How well do labels and tape adhere to it?
One layer, you just wrap this around your items and cut the excess. Labels and tape adhere perfectly to it. But I do wrap tape around it or vinyl.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4066 posts
1584 upvotes
Ottawa
seems like it will never decompose
Dec 22, 2012
517 posts
329 upvotes
Mississauga
for shipping your amazon returns? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2679 posts
1662 upvotes
john.canad wrote: seems like it will never decompose
I ordered this, rethought and cancelled for this exact reason. Since I rarely ship things other than the odd return, this was a perfect example of the wasteful, needless purchases we get so tempted by Amazon (and RFD).
Aug 30, 2009
254 posts
98 upvotes
xhalo21 wrote: for shipping your amazon returns? Face With Tears Of Joy
That's why you save the amazon boxes to re-use for amazon returns ;)