Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day: Shure SE846-CL+BT1 Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones $959

[OP]
Mar 4, 2013
448 posts
210 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day: Shure SE846-CL+BT1 Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones $959

“-CL” designates the product's color variation (clear).
Four high-definition drivers provide extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance for a state-of-the-art listening experience.
Three-way system configuration for dedicated low, mid and high frequency distribution
Adjustable frequency response for customizable sound signatures with removable metal nozzle and changeable nozzle inserts (balanced, warm, and bright options included).
Sound Isolating design featuring fit kit with a variety of sleeves blocks up to 37 dB of outside noise for immersive listening no matter where you are
17 replies
Apr 23, 2014
64 posts
18 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
FYI, there is a newer RMCE-BT2 bluetooth cable available.
Feb 11, 2019
238 posts
265 upvotes
ON
IEMs are a tough one nowadays more so than before, you either use BT or sacrifice comfort and walk around corded. In case you actually need super high end IEMs might as well get customs. Otherwise best getting an open back pair for critical listening since you'd only be able to effectively use the IEMs at home or closed back pair for the office.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2013
448 posts
210 upvotes
I agree IEM market is tough but it's tough because of the "Chi-Fi" (Chinese) products flooding in. Those low cost but excellent sound alternatives are taking over this market.

High end customs are more like 1.5-2k now, the price gap is huge.

Headphones does provide the same or better sound for a lower price but personally I don't like wearing headphones so it's not an option.
Jul 3, 2002
938 posts
1791 upvotes
These are amazing
I have an older pair that is the wired version of the 846's
I never knew what true noise cancellation was
When I'm on the train and listening to music on about a 4/5, I literally cannot hear the baby that is crying two rows up.
Plus the sound quality...oh my god
These are not for everyone obviously but one of the best long term purchases I've ever made
Just read any review on them and you will know why
You can replace the wireless to a wired version if you like
Also this is a pretty good price
Mar 15, 2007
203 posts
39 upvotes
acheuk wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:07 am
I agree IEM market is tough but it's tough because of the "Chi-Fi" (Chinese) products flooding in. Those low cost but excellent sound alternatives are taking over this market.

High end customs are more like 1.5-2k now, the price gap is huge.

Headphones does provide the same or better sound for a lower price but personally I don't like wearing headphones so it's not an option.
Yeah I have a pair of se210s with some no-name chinese MMCX BT4.0 cable. To be honest I use the $50 no-name wire-free buds I got off amazon more often, mostly for the convenience factor.

Opposite ends of the market, I know, but when the RMCE-BT2 cable itself costs more than I paid for the headphones it's really shrinking the target market.
Jul 30, 2011
332 posts
217 upvotes
Durham region
I have 3 pairs of $300+ headphones and thought I was a bit weird. You guys are on another level with this.
Jan 29, 2010
519 posts
328 upvotes
Thanks! Got 6 for my family. My children have been bugging me about how they can’t hear the air conditioning sounds of the recording studio in Pink Floyd’s “Welcome to the Machine” song.
Nov 23, 2017
894 posts
1787 upvotes
overtask wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 4:55 am
IEMs are a tough one nowadays more so than before, you either use BT or sacrifice comfort and walk around corded. In case you actually need super high end IEMs might as well get customs. Otherwise best getting an open back pair for critical listening since you'd only be able to effectively use the IEMs at home or closed back pair for the office.
I went about as high end as you could go in the CIEM world about 10 years ago, and I regret the decision so much. Turns out your ear canals can change shape over time, who would have thought lol. I can now use them for like 4 hours straight before they start becoming painful, and with the developments in IEMs it doesn’t really make sense financially to get them re molded.

Also since headphone ports kinda died, I don’t have much of a use case for these anymore. Used to use them in the office or on the go.

I would advise any non professional who thinks they need a pair of CIEMs to rethink their decision on those grounds.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1607 posts
1106 upvotes
This is surely not for everyone but for those that do know about Shure brand products would find this good price.
Jan 13, 2017
452 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto
This price is hard to justify when you can get other reputable IEM for much cheaper, like Nuforce Primo8 from Massdrop. Chi-fi like BGVP-DMG is also a good option as well.
Jan 13, 2017
452 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto
This price is hard to justify when you can get other reputable IEM with quad BAs for much cheaper, like Nuforce Primo8 from Massdrop. Chi-fi like BGVP-DMG is also a good option as well.
Feb 21, 2005
849 posts
165 upvotes
Shure bluetooth cable is annoying as hell. Will recommend to switch to a westone one asap.
Feb 11, 2019
238 posts
265 upvotes
ON
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:07 am
I would advise any non professional who thinks they need a pair of CIEMs to rethink their decision on those grounds.
Didn't actually know that the shape would change, not that I was really in the market for custom IEMS anyway. I imagine though for professional use you replacement them frequently enough that it becomes a non-issue, have heard some people go through them very quickly with heavy use - mind you in a professional setting.

I still find that BT sounds a little thin on even the newest releases and I'm not really a super audiophile, find myself always coming back to my IE80s(non S). I do have a DragonFly red which I used for a bit with iPhone when commuting and the difference is absolutely noticeable, but not enough to justify lugging the lighting - A + Dragonfly around. One day an IEM will tick all the boxes, but not yet.