Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day: Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Mini Shoulder Bag, One Size $24.13

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 5:49 am
[OP]
Aug 29, 2006
821 posts
475 upvotes
Bradford

[Amazon Canada] Prime Day: Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Mini Shoulder Bag, One Size $24.13

Prime members only: Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Mini Shoulder Bag, One Size $24.13 (Black - midnight blue, purple, and nutmeg are a couple of dollars more, wine is $32.48)

Locking main compartment
Slash-RESISTANT construction (as per Akitakara's post below it is false in the Amazon description to say it is cut-proof - instead see Manufacturer's description)
Adjustable, cut-RESISTANT shoulder strap attaches to post or chair
RFID blocking card and passport slots
Removable LED light
Three interior slip pockets, four wallet card slots. Three exterior pockets

Also eb ates is 10% for luggage on Amazon Image
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 16th, 2019 10:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: added Prime Day to title
It doesn't matter if racing never changes. What matters is if we let racing change us.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2695 posts
613 upvotes
Ottawa
When I read it, it seemed pretty good (like the PacSafe), and I was tempted to buy it, but then I saw this comment on Amazon.com says it's not actually slash-proof, and the "warranty" is only for 30 days
Top critical review
See all 139 critical reviews›
MoKim
2.0 out of 5 starsSlashed
September 6, 2016
This Travelon bag is sold as anti-theft and slash proof, which it clearly states in the item description. While on a trip to China two weeks ago, thieves proved this incorrect and my bag was successfully slashed while on a crowded train. I purchased this bag in May 2016 for my August trip, and when I tried to initiate a return, my claim was denied due to it being over 30 days from the date of purchase. Be warned. It's a great travel bag as far as comfort and efficiency, but it is NOT slash proof. Should it be slashed after 30 days of ownership, your money won't be refunded for this now unusable bag.
764 people found this helpful
[OP]
Aug 29, 2006
821 posts
475 upvotes
Bradford
Akitakara wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 2:50 am
When I read it, it seemed pretty good (like the PacSafe), and I was tempted to buy it, but then I saw this comment on Amazon.com says it's not actually slash-proof, and the "warranty" is only for 30 days
Thanks for pointing this out Akitakara. In the manufacturer's description it actually says 'slash-resistant' (specifically: "4. Slash-resistant straps-Have stainless steel cables within the straps protects against slash-n-grab thieves.", while the amazon text indeed says 'slash-proof' which is false.

Also there is no money-back guarantee based on it failing to be slash-anything.

I don't know that PacSafe claims to be slash-proof or to guarantee it if it is slashed: https://www.pacsafe.com/Explore-Technology (see 'Cut-resistant technology' <= not 'cut-proof') :
A similar PacSafe version is on sale for $40 if you prefer: https://www.amazon.ca/Pacsafe-Slingsafe ... 138&sr=8-9 (which looks like it should also get the 10% ebates)

Good to be aware of the false statements before buying. I have highlighted this in the original post.
It doesn't matter if racing never changes. What matters is if we let racing change us.