Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

[PRIME DAY] Various Lutron Caseta dimmers additional 20% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 5:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon.ca] [PRIME DAY] Various Lutron Caseta dimmers additional 20% off

Looks like on Prime Day Amazon is giving an additional 20% off some versions of the Lutron Caseta dimmers:

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=lutron+caseta ... _ss_fb_1_8

With the discount the basic model w/ pico switch (which is already $10 off from regular price) is now only $48.79:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MFM ... EEQB&psc=1
Last edited by number8888 on Jul 16th, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
There's a sucker born every minute.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4807 posts
1801 upvotes
Thats a good deal
+1 OP
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
From what I can tell the dimmer switch kit with remote is cheaper than the non-kit version, $61 vs $64 before the 20%. I've a 2 gang spot I want to add 2 switches into and don't need the remotes, but RFD effect means save the money and get the useless stuff!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1068 posts
782 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I got the bridge + dimmer yesterday for $80 and now I got an extra dimmer for 40 or so. Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4289 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect timing, picked up a few for a Reno.
Oct 8, 2013
387 posts
397 upvotes
Dartmouth
These are fantastic. I bought these through a connection but I've put in nearly a grand worth of these controls in my house.

The thing that really nails it is that if a google home is set up in the same room as the dimmer, you don't need to specify which light in the house you're controlling. Also the geofencing functionality is pretty bang-on.

Also, last night I discovered that if I have gone to bed and wifey has opted to fall asleep on the couch, I can go full disco mode in the living room in order to wake her up.
Jul 13, 2006
292 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa
Nice! I got the starter kit from Bestbuy and this is another nice add-on. These switches are amazing! They're also a little lower profile in depth than the Wemos; it makes it much easier to stuff in multi-switch boxes.
Dec 27, 2002
591 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
Does this dimmer do anything other than manual on/off/dim if you don't get the bridge? Any way to use any other the smart features without the bridge?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1424 posts
394 upvotes
GVRD
This is HOT - these never go on sale

Thanks OP!!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Hobbess wrote: From what I can tell the dimmer switch kit with remote is cheaper than the non-kit version, $61 vs $64 before the 20%. I've a 2 gang spot I want to add 2 switches into and don't need the remotes, but RFD effect means save the money and get the useless stuff!
The remotes are actually quite useful since they can be used to make pseudo 3-way light switches. Just mount them to the wall or use one of these brackets to mount in a box: https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-Wireless-W ... 191&sr=8-1

Otherwise I'm sure you can sell them since they're $20 each on their own
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
I think we're at least partly dead. I can't add the regular switch kit to my cart.

Managed to snag two lamp controllers though!
Sep 29, 2018
168 posts
190 upvotes
How will these work with a ceiling fan (with light bulbs) but only 1 switch and chains for each?
Oct 8, 2013
387 posts
397 upvotes
Dartmouth
Ener123 wrote: How will these work with a ceiling fan (with light bulbs) but only 1 switch and chains for each?
There's too much going on to say, it depends on exactly what is going on.

If you want to use one of these, I'd use the switch (not dimmer) and use the chain for the fan. The fan and lights are likely tied together at the fan, without running more wire between the fan and switch you're not going to have separate control for them.
Aug 10, 2010
368 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
goozy1 wrote: The remotes are actually quite useful since they can be used to make pseudo 3-way light switches. Just mount them to the wall or use one of these brackets to mount in a box: https://www.amazon.ca/Lutron-Wireless-W ... 191&sr=8-1

Otherwise I'm sure you can sell them since they're $20 each on their own
Yeah I've ordered a bracket with the starter kit I got from BestBuy yesterday for a 3-way I'm using elsewhere. The 2 today I got are in locations that don't have 3-way currently (just before they sold out by the looks of things)

Can you link any remote to any switch? Are they paired in the app?
Sep 29, 2018
168 posts
190 upvotes
Greasy wrote: There's too much going on to say, it depends on exactly what is going on.

If you want to use one of these, I'd use the switch (not dimmer) and use the chain for the fan. The fan and lights are likely tied together at the fan, without running more wire between the fan and switch you're not going to have separate control for them.
Yeah they are tied together and I dont wanna bother playing around with the wires. Will probably get the switch or just some bulbs and use the fan with the chain. Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)