Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] PRIME MEMBER ONLY $39.99 Battlefield V PS4 or 39.99 Xbox One - Standard Edition

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 3:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1084 posts
552 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] PRIME MEMBER ONLY $39.99 Battlefield V PS4 or 39.99 Xbox One - Standard Edition

$38.99 with amazon seems decent.

update: $39.99 for Prime members only on amazon. Original post deal over...

there is a third party seller still for $37.99
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/slredirect/pic ... ame=sp_atf

dont forget 8% back today with ebatex

some rfd reviews:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/battlefield-v-2240886/
Last edited by wakka2u on Jan 11th, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Nov 19, 2017
597 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
Bought this on Boxing Day from Walmart for $30 and just traded it in at EB today for $41.25. I really wanted to like this game, but it has way too many issues for me to hold out and wait on them getting patched/fixed.

I'll probably pick it up once it goes even lower, but even at the $30 I bought it at I couldn't justify it, especially when theres better FPS games out there.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10680 posts
5853 upvotes
Oil Country
Definitely not worth retail, but for under $50 it's worth it. The game is playable and fun. The bugs are a little irritating, but they're being worked on. I played a lot of BF4, and this game looks much better. The level of detail is amazing. Contrary to what many people are saying, there are lots of people playing online and the servers seem full. I've been playing on PS4 since launch.
May 25, 2009
412 posts
258 upvotes
Langley, BC
I salute the poor souls who dares to post deals about BFV and Fallout 76, prepare for the torrents of downvotes.
Jun 18, 2010
127 posts
64 upvotes
oakjefferson wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:39 am
Game is amazing
Agreed. Most of the downvoters seem like bandwagoners that have never played this game and are going based on what Reddit told them. Gunplay is top notch in the game and while I agree that the way EA/Dice handled the PR mess was atrocious along with SJW stuff, it doesn't deter from the fact that the game is enjoyable. The only major bug in the game atm is not earning CC after you hit level 50.

To be honest, I have 4x the hours in the new Call of Duty (100+ hours played) than this game and I can safely say that COD has more bugs like hit detection, server timeouts/crashes, gun balancing and general performance issues than this game.
“I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1378 posts
366 upvotes
Abbotsford
goldxpert wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:23 pm
Agreed. Most of the downvoters seem like bandwagoners that have never played this game and are going based on what Reddit told them. Gunplay is top notch in the game and while I agree that the way EA/Dice handled the PR mess was atrocious along with SJW stuff, it doesn't deter from the fact that the game is enjoyable. The only major bug in the game atm is not earning CC after you hit level 50.

To be honest, I have 4x the hours in the new Call of Duty (100+ hours played) than this game and I can safely say that COD has more bugs like hit detection, server timeouts/crashes, gun balancing and general performance issues than this game.

I couldn't care less about the PR/SJW/Girls/Minorities in the game - then again I don't care about skins/costumes etc - just the gameplay
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4127 posts
2424 upvotes
oakjefferson wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:39 am
Game is amazing
The best Battlefield game since the beggining of the franchise. Graphics are amazing, pretty realistic game and new features like construction change the gameplay every games you play. For sure there is some minor annoying bugs, but nothing that makes me hate the game. At the price pisted, this is indeed a hot deal. Thanks OP, upvote given on this!
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
3969 posts
259 upvotes
fudge_u wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:26 pm
Definitely not worth retail, but for under $50 it's worth it. The game is playable and fun. The bugs are a little irritating, but they're being worked on. I played a lot of BF4, and this game looks much better. The level of detail is amazing. Contrary to what many people are saying, there are lots of people playing online and the servers seem full. I've been playing on PS4 since launch.
BF4 was buggy as well at launch, but dice did put the effort in to add a lot to it and fix stuff up eventually (still my favourite BF game), I am hoping they do that with BFV. Just keep adding more maps, guns, skins, years after. Its a good game anyways (kinda like BF1 better for gameplay and visuals though)
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1378 posts
366 upvotes
Abbotsford
ephemera wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:42 pm
BF4 was buggy as well at launch, but dice did put the effort in to add a lot to it and fix stuff up eventually (still my favourite BF game), I am hoping they do that with BFV. Just keep adding more maps, guns, skins, years after. Its a good game anyways (kinda like BF1 better for gameplay and visuals though)
A huge change will be that DLC is free for all - no more split camps of some people with all map packs, some with some, some with none etc as was BF1 and BF4
Dec 28, 2005
428 posts
100 upvotes
40$ with the 8% ebates makes it a good deal I think, plus I've heard good things about it and the BR mode is coming soon (price won't go lower than that for a while if the BR mode works).

Good deal OP, bought it for X1.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11634 posts
11967 upvotes
goldxpert wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:23 pm

We had this discussion in the other thread, and of the two games, I fully admit that Fallout 76 is worse than Battlefield V. That said, I'm done with Battlefield in this cycle because of the SJW marketing and content embedded in the game. I'll wait for Battlefield VI or stick to the aptly named BLOPS.

To each their own, but I refuse to buy or encourage others to buy this, it's about sending a message.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7062 posts
3338 upvotes
Toronto
oakjefferson wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:31 pm
I couldn't care less about the PR/SJW/Girls/Minorities in the game - then again I don't care about skins/costumes etc - just the gameplay
same here but that said this still isn't a good deal unless you're dying to play it right now. People who wait will end up with a more updated, balanced and polished game with way more content for a fraction of this price or included with EA/Origin Access. I don't care about the historical and social crap as much as the fact that BF1 is still the better game right now and by the time this catches up it's going to cost next to nothing. Battlefield hasn't been worth buying at launch in forever, that applied to BF1 and especially BF4 which was a disaster for the first 6 months.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1084 posts
552 upvotes
Many thanks for the comments (good and bad)! I cancelled my amazon order 2x already since posting, cant make up my mind about this game since only briefly playing BF1. Already have a bunch of games collecting dust waiting to be played ..

Was going to order it again but fate has it being $39.99 now and for prime members. must be fate.. wallet safe