Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Prime members get $12.50 in promotional credit with a $50 or more Amazon Gift Card or balance reload. YMMV. (July 12)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2022 9:17 am
Feb 10, 2006
391 posts
299 upvotes
beginning 12:00 a.m. (PT), July 12, 2022 and ending 11:59 p.m., July 13, 2022 (PT)
Not NOW !!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3144 posts
1842 upvotes
Happened to me with the app and no indication of terms/code.

Customer service refunded my balance reload and said it won't affect me using promo on the 12th.

I'm guessing this happened lots cause they were very fast with pasting the terms.

Guess we'll find out then if that's true if I can use it later.
Feb 11, 2010
18 posts
10 upvotes
I also had success with customer support getting a 12.50 credit this one time after I explained I looked for the fine print and no links were on that page or notification.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1720 posts
2606 upvotes
Same experience, saw notification on the app, bought card and no 12.50 credit.

Spoke to Amazon customer service, provided proof and received a 12.50 credit manually applied.
Feb 4, 2017
418 posts
424 upvotes
Calgary
Mmagic888 wrote: Same experience, saw notification on the app, bought card and no 12.50 credit.

Spoke to Amazon customer service, provided proof and received a 12.50 credit manually applied.
No luck on my end with customer support. I even sent them the picture of the app notification and sent me to the promotional page which does not show what the actual terms and conditions are either so no help there.

Mind if I ask what your proof was?
Jun 26, 2022
5 posts
4 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: first time GC purchaser? thats probably the biggest catch, whos still a gc virgin these days?
Well, i am. So i'm gonna take the deal Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 29, 2019
445 posts
323 upvotes
I'm going to try reaching out to customer service later - I didn't capture a screenshot and was wondering if you can do me a fav and PM me a screenshot? :)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1720 posts
2606 upvotes
Taroble wrote: No luck on my end with customer support. I even sent them the picture of the app notification and sent me to the promotional page which does not show what the actual terms and conditions are either so no help there.

Mind if I ask what your proof was?
Same proof sent as you. App screenshot.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1720 posts
2606 upvotes
yyzthe6 wrote: I'm going to try reaching out to customer service later - I didn't capture a screenshot and was wondering if you can do me a fav and PM me a screenshot? :)
You should be able to see the offer still. In your app click on the Person icon (2nd button on the bottom), then the bell icon (2nd button on the top from the right).
Aug 17, 2012
638 posts
572 upvotes
COQUITLAM
I just spoke to someone on Amazon and they're refunding the $50 back to my card. I said that there was nothing in the ad that it must be during Prime Day and only if you've never done it before. Will take 3-5 days before showing up on my credit card.
Nov 30, 2006
660 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Haha. Just sent to my wife for her birthday. Now I’ll go get yelled at!

Edit: Damn, missed the July 12. Not gonna bother refunding, too much hassle.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
2620 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Is it one time only or do we get 12.50 for 50 of the same merchant card we get?
Oct 12, 2013
587 posts
2972 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I had ordered a $50 reload, then waited 2 days since they said it should take that long to show up.
Today I tried ordering something from Amazon and sure enough, no credit yet.
I did a chat with customer service asking about the promotional credit that was supposed to come with the reload and with minimal hassle, they "made an exception for me" and created a $12.50 promotional credit on my account.
I did not have to send a screenshot or any proof but the screenshot I had taken just said "Prime members get $12.50 in promotional credit with a $50 or more Amazon Gift Card purchase or reload", with no mention of T&C.

Sounds like it'd be a huge YMMV with what customer service rep you get, but it worked out for me.
Oct 6, 2020
15 posts
7 upvotes
Well... I was able to get $12.34 in credit so extreme YMMV lol. Also got the notification within the app with no T&C or any asterisks highlighting conditions. Someone in the marketing department getting fired.

What a waste of time.
May 14, 2018
679 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Where are you guys are seeing the terms and conditions?
Sep 9, 2020
2 posts
dontelother wrote: Where are you guys are seeing the terms and conditions?
It's a big screw up on their part. If you view the promotion on your phone via the notification, there are NO terms listed anywhere. No link to terms, etc.

If you view the promotion on a desktop browser, it says "For complete promotion terms and conditions, please scroll down on this page." but there is still nothing at the bottom of the page.

If you contact customer service, they will copy/paste these terms, but you can't find them anywhere on your own. For me, they wouldn't give the promotional credit.

Attaching screenshots here of the mobile app page, showing no terms and no "scroll down" message. Then compare to the desktop browser screenshot.
Images
  • Screenshot_20220704-083422.png
  • Screenshot_20220704-083456.png
  • Untitled.png
  • Untitled2.png
May 14, 2018
679 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
nicknicknick wrote: It's a big screw up on their part. If you view the promotion on your phone via the notification, there are NO terms listed anywhere. No link to terms, etc.

If you view the promotion on a desktop browser, it says "For complete promotion terms and conditions, please scroll down on this page." but there is still nothing at the bottom of the page.

If you contact customer service, they will copy/paste these terms, but you can't find them anywhere on your own. For me, they wouldn't give the promotional credit.

Attaching screenshots here of the mobile app page, showing no terms and no "scroll down" message. Then compare to the desktop browser screenshot.
I was able to get the promotional credit manually but it’s like scam 🤨

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)