[Amazon Canada] Prime members read ebooks for free

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2019 9:53 pm
[OP]
Jan 4, 2018
42 posts
306 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Prime members read ebooks for free

Amazon Canada just launched ‘Prime Reading’ which gives Prime members unlimited access to a selection of popular Kindle books and comics without an additional cost.

You can access Prime Reading benefits through the free Kindle apps for iOS and Android, as well as your PC, Mac, Amazon Fire tablets, and Kindle Devices.
Images
  • A41C7B50-79BD-43E2-A14C-BCF687D2B778.jpeg
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
86 replies
Nov 23, 2018
389 posts
411 upvotes
is this like Kindle Unlimited? I have Kindle Unlimited subscription. Should I cancel it?
Nov 19, 2005
260 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Sick, they even have comic books!

The Dark Phoenix Saga, Batman Year One, Flashpoint, Planet Hulk are some super classic arcs that seems to be complete, and then a whole bunch of first volumes of different series.
Nov 19, 2005
260 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
BRKAMZN wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 1:46 am
is this like Kindle Unlimited? I have Kindle Unlimited subscription. Should I cancel it?
Nah, I don't see them cannibalizing their own business like that, especially when one costs money and the other one is a Prime benefit.

It's basically the book equivalent of Amazon Music Unlimited and Amazon Prime Music. The subscription service has a much larger selection but still not going to be literally everything under the sun, and then the Prime version is a smaller selection of it.
Feb 2, 2018
69 posts
12 upvotes
I can't access it. How do we access it through the ap. Still telling me to sign up for free trial

Edit: Nvm
Nov 13, 2017
40 posts
62 upvotes
Jumanji12 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 2:01 am
I can't access it. How do we access it through the ap. Still telling me to sign up for free trial

Edit: Nvm
Do u know how to filter the Prime book only ? and is it possible to download them to read offline ?
Prime and Kindle Unlimited are different right ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6945 posts
1576 upvotes
is this the 90 day free trial?

Welcome To Audible
You're joining millions of listeners who love being immersed in a great story. Your membership is free for 90 days. Enjoy your first great listen and don't forget about your second free audiobook credit.
Get the Audible app to start listening

nm: i used the kindle ios app, logged into my primeaccount and it lets me dload a sample of balco steroids book...how do i get back to the main menu of the app, im like stuck in that book lol wteff
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4577 posts
3721 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 5:21 am
is this the 90 day free trial?

Welcome To Audible
You're joining millions of listeners who love being immersed in a great story. Your membership is free for 90 days. Enjoy your first great listen and don't forget about your second free audiobook credit.
Get the Audible app to start listening

nm: i used the kindle ios app, logged into my primeaccount and it lets me dload a sample of balco steroids book...how do i get back to the main menu of the app, im like stuck in that book lol wteff
Audible is something else entirely....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7084 posts
586 upvotes
Waterloo
Cancelled my wifes subscription of 10.00 a month thanks op
Nov 17, 2018
6 posts
14 upvotes
Concord, ON
Very small selection. If you want to check it out in the kindle app: tap on discover > tap on prime reading

It’s better than nothing but there’s nothing here I really want to read anyways so I probably won’t be using it
Images
  • E5559778-0B1A-4AD2-A13C-D0A6FCD6DE6D.jpeg
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16106 posts
4183 upvotes
kwokinator wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 1:51 am
Sick, they even have comic books!

The Dark Phoenix Saga, Batman Year One, Flashpoint, Planet Hulk are some super classic arcs that seems to be complete, and then a whole bunch of first volumes of different series.
This would be good if f I didn't work at a comic book store and had access to 100,000 books. Also if you know how to use Usenet, use *.cbr and *.cbz in the search tool for indexers and see what you come up with.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9601 posts
4344 upvotes
Not bad.wife will like this./
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Dec 4, 2010
7 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
wavesgoodbye wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 7:12 am
Very small selection. If you want to check it out in the kindle app: tap on discover > tap on prime reading
The Kindle app on both my iPhone and iPad (apps and iOS updated) does not look like your screenshot. I can add/return books via the Prime Reading link on Amazon.ca website, and the books appear/disappear in the app, but I have no Discover button or anything that seems to allow me to interact with the Kindle store directly through the app. I might be wrong, but it looks like there's no direct access from the iOS Kindle app to the Kindle bookstore, Prime or otherwise:

How to Buy Amazon Kindle Books on the iPhone or iPad