Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Prime members - sign into app get $10 code - New App Users Only

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2017 11:50 am
Jan 30, 2016
158 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
"Thank you for your interest in the Amazon app. This promotion is only for Prime customers without a previous sign-in to the Amazon app. Our records indicate that you have signed in previously and are therefore not eligible."

Nice work Amazon, that's one way to piss long term Prime members off.
Last edited by Sandbo on Jul 6th, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2010
403 posts
165 upvotes
I got the term and conditions from mobile app.
Terms and Conditions
This is a limited time offer. This offer is valid from 12:01 a.m. (PT) on July 6, 2017, until the earlier of 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 6, 2017, or when all promotional codes are claimed.

This offer is only available to Amazon.ca Prime members.

This offer is limited to one code per eligible customer and account.

Recipients will receive a code valid for $10 CAD off a future purchase on Amazon.ca of $10.01 or more within 7 days after their first app sign-in. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional code.

Promotional code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 31, 2017.

Offer may not be combined with other offers.

Code must be added to Shopping Cart, and offer will be reflected at Checkout.

Code only applies to products sold by Amazon.ca, not a third party or other Amazon entity (look for "sold by Amazon.ca" on the content detail page), or digital content sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC (other than certain digital content). Products sold by third party sellers that are "fulfilled by Amazon.ca" or "Prime Eligible" will not qualify.

The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10.00 CAD.

This offer only applies to the Amazon Shopping App and Underground App and not any other app created or distributed by Amazon or its affiliates.

This offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.

Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in Canada and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC.

Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.

Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.

Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.

Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
12580 posts
7465 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Thanks!
snailium wrote: I got the term and conditions from mobile app.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 13, 2017
213 posts
203 upvotes
MrWilliams wrote: I spoke to Amazon and this is what they specified to me in an email.

It will automatically apply the next time you order an eligible item sold and shipped by Amazon.ca and does not require a claim code.
That's how promo code works, ONCE it's been issued.

Still no answer on whether trial members are eligible.
Apr 7, 2007
664 posts
182 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP.
When you did this did you get any indication from the App that something "special" just happened and you'll receive $10?
Aug 24, 2006
748 posts
171 upvotes
Woodbridge
EDIT: Nevermind. Not eligible. Thanks Amazon.

People who use your services less get rewarded more. Makes no sense to me.
Last edited by TheLastOne on Jul 6th, 2017 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11063 posts
409 upvotes
Ottawa
TheLastOne wrote: Nevermind. Not eligible. Thanks Amazon.
Arg, same here - I use to app to switch between US and Canada ordering and tracking, so ineligible.

Can we update the title to reflect it being New App Users Only?
- Absolute
May 17, 2017
263 posts
559 upvotes
Tried asking through chat about excluding members who had previously logged in. First the agent didn't even know what I was referring to, had to give him the amazon.ca/primeday link.
Then I get this nice generic response.
Moise: I'm sorry, to inform you that I can not do anything, this promotion is not for members like you. I'm sure you qualify for many other promotions.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2803 posts
1281 upvotes
West Coast
WellHung wrote: Canceled my Prime!!! FU AMazon! I realize I don't use it often enough and now this .
So you're mad at Amazon because you don't use a service enough and regret buying it?
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Sep 28, 2011
50 posts
51 upvotes
Surrey
How do you even know if you are eligible? I'm not sure whether I've ever logged into the Amazon app. When I signed in this morning, nothing shows up regarding eligibility or the promo. Do you get some sort of message or notification when you are eligible?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4311 posts
1803 upvotes
AB
Did anyone already receive the confirmation email this morning? Just curious how long it takes.
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
537 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wazupyo wrote: How do you even know if you are eligible? I'm not sure whether I've ever logged into the Amazon app. When I signed in this morning, nothing shows up regarding eligibility or the promo. Do you get some sort of message or notification when you are eligible?
This page will say "Our records indicate that you have signed in previously and are therefore not eligible" if you've used the app before - https://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_ ... 6915420011
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)