3384 posts
1497 upvotes
GTA
Not eligible. Awful move by Amazon on this IMO
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2907 posts
1649 upvotes
Sad I don't qualify because I've used the app for the past year or so.

Not mad though.. this is a new user incentive program. Do people leave their bank when they offer deals to new customers?

New customer incentive programs happen all the time for all types of services.

If missing out on a $10 promo is enough to make you quit an $80 premium service program, then the service itself was never right for you.

I am getting close to cancelling it myself, but only because the 2 day shipping to Ottawa is very rarely accurate, pre orders of video games and occasional movie can take over a week, and I just don't buy as often as I used to. The shows are fine, but with Netflix and Acorn we always have way more to watch than time to watch them.
Jul 3, 2013
929 posts
648 upvotes
Kingston
i logged in. i have no idea if ill get it or not
Jun 10, 2014
65 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Sandbo wrote: "Thank you for your interest in the Amazon app. This promotion is only for Prime customers without a previous sign-in to the Amazon app. Our records indicate that you have signed in previously and are therefore not eligible."

Nice work Amazon, that's one way to piss long term Prime members off.
seriously though, it's supposed to be a Prime benefit... yet if you didn't just sign up and you've paid them for years, you get nothing.
super lame.
Apr 19, 2015
290 posts
126 upvotes
N/A
I downloaded and installed the ap but when I opened it, I was already logged in without having to enter my username and password. I wonder whether I qualify or not? I do have Kindle installed on my tablet so maybe that's where the ap got my login info from? Or maybe long time ago I had the ap and uninstalled it, but don't remember.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
4715 posts
3090 upvotes
I bet 90% of folks here won't get it. So many people have used the app before...

Such a bad move by Amazon.
Amex Platinum ⭐️ Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite ⭐️ HSBC World Elite MC
Jun 14, 2017
815 posts
790 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: I bet 90% of folks here won't get it. So many people have used the app before...

I've always been a desktop type shopper so I'll be getting the $10 freebie to spend on Prime Day ➡Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5460 posts
6118 upvotes
Unless you create a new account to get a new trial of Prime. I bet most people won't get it. Also, if Amazon tracks the phone ID, then you need a new phone + new account in order to get this $10
EdisonL299 wrote: I bet 90% of folks here won't get it. So many people have used the app before...

Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5460 posts
6118 upvotes
That's why this promotion is failed if Amazon wants to attract members to use the phone Apps. If you are a desktop user, most likely you will forget the Apps once you got the $10.
MJISGOAT wrote: I've always been a desktop type shopper so I'll be getting the $10 freebie to spend on Prime Day ➡Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jan 18, 2016
608 posts
641 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Sandbo wrote: "Thank you for your interest in the Amazon app. This promotion is only for Prime customers without a previous sign-in to the Amazon app. Our records indicate that you have signed in previously and are therefore not eligible."

Nice work Amazon, that's one way to piss long term Prime members off.
How do you got this message? I logged in and see nothing!!
Jan 30, 2016
158 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
souvik126 wrote: How do you got this message? I logged in and see nothing!!
In the app there is one banner about this $10 coupon promotion, you will see your gift or doom in it.
Jan 29, 2007
640 posts
85 upvotes
I have been a PRIME user for more than 2 years now. Wondering if PRIME day and offers will be available to people signing up for the trial just to take advantage of the offers? Basically, you do not have to be a PRIME member, but could sign up for 30 days , take advantage of these offers and then cancel.
Agree PRIME has more full-time benefits, but there should have been some exclusivity for paid members vs trial only.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1033 posts
304 upvotes
Thanks OP. Signed up for Prime today and then signed into this app.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)