• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1631 posts
1216 upvotes

Amazon.ca prime membership question regarding included twitch service

Hey guys, when you subscribe to amazon.ca prime, a twitch prime membership is included that will allow you 1 included channel subscription as explained here:
https://www.amazon.ca/b?ie=UTF8&node=15442677011

I attempted to sign up for an amazon prime membership, but when I try to link my twitch with my amazon account, it brings me to amazon.com instead of amazon.ca to enter my password (which I don't have since I am signing up for prime on amazon.ca).

As far as I know, amazon.com and amazon.ca accounts are not linked, so essentially I would have to create a separate US amazon account to tie to my twitch account.

Since my prime membership would be under amazon.ca, would I still be elgible for the twitch prime subscription?

Has anyone been able to link their amazon.ca and twitch accounts succesfully and subscribe to a channel using prime? if so you can guide me thru the steps please?

p.s> amazon customer service does not seem to be knowledgable with this specific issue
Always hungry ;)
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18998 posts
3655 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Did you move your Kindle store to the US?

I found out the hard way, if your Kindle store is USA, then you can't use the free Twitch service associated with Amazon (Canada) Prime. If you move your Kindle store back to Canada, Twitch Prime will work, but then you'll lose the books you puchased until you move back to Kindle USA. :facepalm:

Edit: Now in 2020, Amazon has fixed this problem. My twitch prime stuff works!!

I suppose a workaround would be to open a second Amazon.ca account and tie your Prime and Twitch to that account.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Jan 19th, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1631 posts
1216 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Did you move your Kindle store to the US?

I found out the hard way, if your Kindle store is USA, then you can't use the free Twitch service associated with Amazon (Canada) Prime. If you move your Kindle store back to Canada, Twitch Prime will work, but then you'll lose the books you puchased until you move back to Kindle USA. :facepalm:

I suppose a workaround would be to open a second Amazon.ca account and tie your Prime and Twitch to that account.

Thanks for the reply! No, I don't use kindle and haven't even created an amazon.com account. This amazon.ca account I'm trying to link is a new account.

I'm concerned that if I enter my amazon.ca password on the amazon.com page - it will actually create a new amazon.com account and then try to link my twitch account with this amazon.com account (which does not have prime).

So when you log into your amazon.ca account page, does it show your twitch is linked to that? Or do you have to log into your amazon.com account?
Always hungry ;)
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18998 posts
3655 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
nintendo wrote: So when you log into your amazon.ca account page, does it show your twitch is linked to that? Or do you have to log into your amazon.com account?
I gave up on this a long time ago because my Kindle account is USA, and I don't really need twitch for myself.

That said, Amazon.com and Amazon.ca are really the same system and your login / PW / credit cards are already synched across both sites.

So you already have an Amazon.com account if you are using amazon.ca.
Nov 25, 2016
528 posts
387 upvotes
Burnaby
Having the same issue. I think my kindle account would be for Amazon India if at all it exists.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16768 posts
1671 upvotes
Thornhill
nintendo wrote: Hey guys, when you subscribe to amazon.ca prime, a twitch prime membership is included that will allow you 1 included channel subscription as explained here:
https://www.amazon.ca/b?ie=UTF8&node=15442677011

I attempted to sign up for an amazon prime membership, but when I try to link my twitch with my amazon account, it brings me to amazon.com instead of amazon.ca to enter my password (which I don't have since I am signing up for prime on amazon.ca).

As far as I know, amazon.com and amazon.ca accounts are not linked, so essentially I would have to create a separate US amazon account to tie to my twitch account.

Since my prime membership would be under amazon.ca, would I still be elgible for the twitch prime subscription?

Has anyone been able to link their amazon.ca and twitch accounts succesfully and subscribe to a channel using prime? if so you can guide me thru the steps please?

p.s> amazon customer service does not seem to be knowledgable with this specific issue
Re-using thread.

Any info on this 1 included channel subscription? I see it mentioned on the page, but it doesn't say what channels I can choose from.

In particular, we're interested in the Food Network (which is in the StackTV) - could that be a choice? Or does it actually include all of StackTV?

thanks!
bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10465 posts
720 upvotes
Vancouver
t3359 wrote: Any info on this 1 included channel subscription? I see it mentioned on the page, but it doesn't say what channels I can choose from.
It's 1 free Twitch channel subscription (to support a Twitch streamer). It's not a TV channel subscription.
<< Public Mobile, Foodora, Uber Eats, Tangerine, Coast Capital user >>
FS: Core i5-2500K | CPU Coolers | 120/140mm Case Fans
MY HEATWARE
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16768 posts
1671 upvotes
Thornhill
Amourek wrote: It's 1 free Twitch channel subscription (to support a Twitch streamer). It's not a TV channel subscription.
Thanks! Damn these things are so vague and badly described by the providers.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Jan 28, 2020
1 posts
Anyone know why I don’t get the 1 free subscription with my twitch prime? I have a Canadian amazon prime linked with my twitch account. Is this just for US twitch prime accounts?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)