• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 6:47 am
[OP]
Aug 21, 2011
998 posts
690 upvotes
Whitby

[Amazon.ca] [Prime Only] Hill's science diet cat food 12 pk - $15.74

My sister is bringing her cat from the states and she wanted me to buy this food, so I was shopping around and found it's on Amazon deal of the day expiring in few hours.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
7 replies
Sep 8, 2010
381 posts
206 upvotes
Ottawa
It's a good price for Science Diet. I ordered a 12pack too.
Nov 13, 2013
315 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
This stuff is terrible, low quality food that is going to increase vet costs in the future.
Feb 21, 2019
10 posts
17 upvotes
Yurickz wrote: This stuff is terrible, low quality food that is going to increase vet costs in the future.
What food would you recommend for a cat with urinary issues?
Nov 13, 2013
315 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Pasmo9 wrote:
What food would you recommend for a cat with urinary issues?
This article summarizes the problem fairly well, mainly you want to avoid these kibbles with tons of grain and crap that is not meat. Also cats unlike dogs do not need veggies or fruits in their food. https://www.allthebestpetcare.com/pet-n ... s-in-cats/

There are plenty of high quality kibbles that don't break the bank, personally I really like Orijen / Acana ... but the key is for the kibble to contain good quality meat not by-products and only a handful of ingredients. Kibbles with long ingredients lists are usually a concern.

I mainly feed my cats raw, but canned food in the past that I found decent was Merrick, Hound and Gatos, and Weruva.
Feb 21, 2019
10 posts
17 upvotes
Yurickz wrote: This article summarizes the problem fairly well, mainly you want to avoid these kibbles with tons of grain and crap that is not meat. Also cats unlike dogs do not need veggies or fruits in their food. https://www.allthebestpetcare.com/pet-n ... s-in-cats/

There are plenty of high quality kibbles that don't break the bank, personally I really like Orijen / Acana ... but the key is for the kibble to contain good quality meat not by-products and only a handful of ingredients. Kibbles with long ingredients lists are usually a concern.

I mainly feed my cats raw, but canned food in the past that I found decent was Merrick, Hound and Gatos, and Weruva.
Thanks, I’ll check them out.
Jun 17, 2019
41 posts
36 upvotes
Yurickz wrote: This stuff is terrible, low quality food that is going to increase vet costs in the future.
Not true, the expensive grain free food like acana and origin is now seemingly giving dogs heart failure, this food along with royal canin, pedigree pro plan are now recommended at least for dogs by vets.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 3343787786
[OP]
Aug 21, 2011
998 posts
690 upvotes
Whitby
Our cat is a Persian, recently moved from India to US. He had diarrhea and vomiting, with other food that my sister tried in US, so vet recommended this one and it solved the problem.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram