Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] [PRIME ONLY] Little Giant 22-Foot Velocity Ladder, 300-Pound Rating - $151.13

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2018 5:14 pm
Feb 9, 2015
16 posts
9 upvotes
Laurentians, Quebec.
CanRulez wrote: Great price on this 22-ft Little Giant ladder - rated at 300 lbs.

It's a Prime Exclusive Deal @ $151.13.

Previous to this, the lowest price on Camelx3 was $201.64.
As someone who works in the construction industry and had then chance to try one of these, I gotta say this is a flaming pile of crap. It was the most frustrating ladder i ever stepped on. The latches all jam after awhile and need to be hammered out. The thing gets in the way. After the first job site we had it on all the carpenters nicknamed it " The little tard" . Pardon my language but it was a nightmare. Never again. You could not pay me enough to have this on the site ever again. . You get what you pay for. Spend the extra and buy a real ladder. Never ever chinse on a ladder. Better off balancing on your tool boxes then having this thing around. It is literally a safety hazard.
[OP]
Nov 11, 2006
962 posts
440 upvotes
Bananacat wrote: As someone who works in the construction industry and had then chance to try one of these, I gotta say this is a flaming pile of crap. It was the most frustrating ladder i ever stepped on. The latches all jam after awhile and need to be hammered out. The thing gets in the way. After the first job site we had it on all the carpenters nicknamed it " The little tard" . Pardon my language but it was a nightmare. Never again. You could not pay me enough to have this on the site ever again. . You get what you pay for. Spend the extra and buy a real ladder. Never ever chinse on a ladder. Better off balancing on your tool boxes then having this thing around. It is literally a safety hazard.
It's a democracy so you're entitled to your opinion. I've had the 17 ft ladder for over 10 years and it's served me very well. I liked it so much that I purchased this one too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5394 posts
4178 upvotes
Edmonton
Bananacat wrote: As someone who works in the construction industry and had then chance to try one of these, I gotta say this is a flaming pile of crap. It was the most frustrating ladder i ever stepped on. The latches all jam after awhile and need to be hammered out. The thing gets in the way. After the first job site we had it on all the carpenters nicknamed it " The little tard" . Pardon my language but it was a nightmare. Never again. You could not pay me enough to have this on the site ever again. . You get what you pay for. Spend the extra and buy a real ladder. Never ever chinse on a ladder. Better off balancing on your tool boxes then having this thing around. It is literally a safety hazard.
That's because these aren't meant for the "construction industry". These are meant for residential use, where it gets used maybe 20 or 30 times a year on average. It's not meant for 365 day a year hard rough use by big ass construction guys.
Jul 2, 2005
392 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
You must have gotten a dud , been using mine for a long time and never had an issue with being jammed. I'm about 220 lbs. + weight of a bag of shingles up my roof and never felt unsafe.
Jul 21, 2013
92 posts
67 upvotes
Charlottetown
Damn, already have 4 ladders and 3 step stool at home,maybe another one?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2432 posts
804 upvotes
Calgary
Didn't even realize I needed one till I saw this thread. Thanks OP
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10627 posts
4992 upvotes
prime days is killing me last 24 hours spent 1400 and change on stuff i didnt need but good deals and ill probably use.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1804 posts
683 upvotes
GTA
blazed16 wrote: prime days is killing me last 24 hours spent 1400 and change on stuff i didnt need but good deals and ill probably use.
Nice! That sounds like you saved a lot of money!
Oct 3, 2009
10 posts
Huntsville
In for one, needed a new ladder for the house
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10627 posts
4992 upvotes
b33f wrote: Nice! That sounds like you saved a lot of money!
We did, 2 ssd drives a ladder,2 micro sd cards, a 6qt insta pot and a 8qt insta pot, vehicle deck ,back up camera. boots, haha list goes on and on and the only thing i actually needed was the boots .My wish list has dropped though so why not buy now then wait and not get .
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Apr 17, 2001
340 posts
224 upvotes
Thanks op, maybe will replace my 24' pulley one
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4205 posts
3138 upvotes
Markham
What would be an alternative model you recommend?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1014 posts
555 upvotes
East of Toronto
CanRulez wrote: Is the Costco one also 22 ft? I thought it was only 17 ft and only rated at 250 lbs.
The Cosco I have is model 20-21 TIAS It is 21', working load 300lbs, CSA Grade 1. It says "World's Greatest Ladder:" on the side. It is heavy and I somehow bent the rail on one side so it is a pain to extend it.

Anyway, bought this one. I have a smaller Little Giant that I have been happy with. Thanks for the post.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2418 posts
714 upvotes
Gta
Thanks . Sister needed a new ladder so ordered for her !
Koodo member
Sep 12, 2007
178 posts
20 upvotes
Coquitlam
First time buying a ladder. Would 22 ft be enough for a 2 story house?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3885 posts
2318 upvotes
akalic wrote: First time buying a ladder. Would 22 ft be enough for a 2 story house?
It's enough for my 2 storey house.

This is a great price and probably the best manufacturer for multi-purpose ladders.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1436 posts
460 upvotes
Ugh - for a sale that I keep hearing is so poor I sure am spending a fortune. Thanks OP - I believe this beats the all time low significantly.
May 23, 2016
184 posts
80 upvotes
Nope. Never. Need to close this thread immediately and go to sleep! Please sell out :( Lead me away feom this temptation......