• Jan 23rd, 2020 8:19 pm
[OP]
Apr 10, 2009
565 posts
250 upvotes
markham

[Amazon.ca] Proactiv 3 Step Acne Treatment System (60 Day) $47.99

looks like it is the lowest this ever been and its amazon deal of the day

The deals is done and it's still on sale but it's $79..
Last edited by darkanson on Jan 22nd, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4320 posts
1496 upvotes
When I tried this awhile ago (like +10 years), I felt like I broke out worse than ever and of course I was devastated at the time. Later on, I did feel like it was a good thing as it basically brought everything to the surface and forced my skin to adapt. Once that all cleared up, I started more noticeably seeing the difference in lessened future breakouts.

While skin types vary, I do think you eventually want to move away from programs and to something less harsh. Generally speaking, I will say though, I swear by toner + a cotton pad and think that's the most important thing after a shower. I'd go as far as saying that you may be able to skip a skin cleanser at a certain point and just rely on the warm water in the shower and eventual toner to strip the oils from your face -> toss on lotion.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1939 posts
996 upvotes
Montreal
All acne treatments result in your skin getting much worse before it gets better, by forcing sebum to the surface and emptying your pores. If it gets worse, it's a sign that the treatment is working.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Oct 17, 2012
655 posts
485 upvotes
Vancouver
I had severe acne and tried proactive so many times, as well as every product you can think of. Nothing works expect Accutane. Proactive is OK if you are a model and get 1 pimple.
Jan 18, 2017
598 posts
211 upvotes
Proactiv is just BP gel and/or salicylic acid. Best thing to do is to see a derm, but a good alternative is bp gel spot treatment + salicylic wash a few times a week. Of course, sunscreen + gentle cleanser + moisturize.
Oct 25, 2009
659 posts
168 upvotes
Calgary
There is also canadian and us formula for Proactiv, no idea on which one is better or what the difference is. If you have severe acne accutane is the only way to go, just watch the depression that it may cause.