• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2020 2:26 pm
[OP]
Jul 14, 2008
920 posts
1263 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] PS4 Death Stranding - physical copy - standard edition 39.99$

Amazon is selling the physical copy of Death Stranding for 39.99$. Same price as the digital version on the Playstation store.

This game isn't for everyone, but it's an amazing game if enjoy Hideo Kojima's style of games.

This is also what we call COVID-19 crisis delivery guy simulator.
56 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3709 posts
5909 upvotes
Kitchener
It’s a great game. I recommend it.
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Aug 20, 2019
357 posts
416 upvotes
London, Ontario
Norman Reedus in his best role ever.

Great review:
As for the game itself, I'm too early in to give it a fair assessment. To no one's surprise, the game feels a lot like MGS V, for better or worse, from its UI to the animation systems, or the way in which missions are doled out with an emphasis on how you approach them as you navigate the open world. It's a unique post-apocalyptic sci-fi tale with all the classic Kojima trappings: heavy exposition with nonsensical jargon, toilet humour, a near seamless blend of gameplay with cutscenes, emphasis on stealth and other modes of physical interaction that don't just involve shooting things, a clumsy but earnest and genuinely refreshing take on Americana, biomechanical aesthetics that are a dream for techno-fetishists and futurists alike, an inspired use of licensed music and famous actors.

Actually, I'd be hard pressed to classify Kojima's games pre-MGSV to be action games; they never were about killing lots of guys, but about tinkering with the environment and the AI in between the love-them-or-hate-them story segments; it's just that MGS V let you have your cake and eat it too and DS is decidedly lighter on the overt action once more.

It's been called a walking simulator and its systems certainly evoke say, Red Dead Redemption 2's survival-lite mechanics and its emphasis on a heavy, grounded avatar in Arthur. Only except here, ignoring your meters and the condition of your cargo and equipment has more serious consequences than just neglecting your horse or the state of your rifle in that other game. Like RDR2, there's a de-emphasis on a common, numbers-fed power curve like in action RPGs, which may frustrate many players used to getting better and better at killing things. But unlike RDR2, so far I haven't failed a mission because I didn't perform the exactly choreographed steps that were necessary to move things onwards, which is always a good thing. But further on in Episode 3 is where the game truly opens up and more gear and options become available to you. More crucially, that is where the asynchronous social aspects start to truly materialize, and they become a welcome layer to the game's depth.

I'm certainly glad it exists, and its world is compelling, with gameplay that challenges an ingrained perception of what an "action adventure" should be, which is a fancy way of saying delivering parcels isn't the most satisfying gameplay loop in the world, at least not in the traditional sense. It's a slow burn that is decidedly tedious, but somehow rewarding. We could do worse than greenlight a few more games like this.
Feb 16, 2013
280 posts
373 upvotes
NORTH YORK
This is a horrible game and only had positive reviews because of kojima otherwise it's a joke that people gave this 10s. I wouldn't play this sad excuse of a "game" even if someone paid me.
Nov 26, 2015
69 posts
109 upvotes
danialwynne wrote: This is a horrible game and only had positive reviews because of kojima otherwise it's a joke that people gave this 10s. I wouldn't play this sad excuse of a "game" even if someone paid me.
Your loss. It was an amazing and unique experience, I enjoyed it from start to finish and kept playing a long time after the credits rolled.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4746 posts
3241 upvotes
I liked the game. The road and zipline network building is satisfying. I even platinum the game.
[OP]
Jul 14, 2008
920 posts
1263 upvotes
Montreal
danialwynne wrote: This is a horrible game and only had positive reviews because of kojima otherwise it's a joke that people gave this 10s. I wouldn't play this sad excuse of a "game" even if someone paid me.
If you've never played it, don't pretend you know what this game is about and just skip your worthless nonconstructive opinion.
Dec 27, 2008
378 posts
235 upvotes
All the people giving their opinion about this game are being very selfish. No one cares what you think, especially about this game. What you need to know: it's a very polarizing game with gameplay mechanics that will be amazing to some and horrible to others. Don't buy the game unless you know which category you fall into.
Apr 29, 2018
90 posts
115 upvotes
Hideo Kojima has famously describe Death Stranding as being the first strand-type game. Truly, it is a game so unique and revolutionary that he had to create an entire new genre of video game. And now that we can finally get our hands on this innovation, we can answer the question that has perplexed us for so long: just what is a strand-type game?
Penalty Box
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
Liked what I played of it but stopped due to the baby crying so much as I thought it would freak out the upstairs tenants. I told them about the game and what it does and they said they never heard anything but even with that said I just can't ... lol
Jan 17, 2015
301 posts
268 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
Gotta use headphones then!
May 2, 2019
328 posts
395 upvotes
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Liked what I played of it but stopped due to the baby crying so much as I thought it would freak out the upstairs tenants. I told them about the game and what it does and they said they never heard anything but even with that said I just can't ... lol
Wear headphones then.
Penalty Box
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
djzapz wrote: All the people giving their opinion about this game are being very selfish. No one cares what you think, especially about this game. What you need to know: it's a very polarizing game with gameplay mechanics that will be amazing to some and horrible to others. Don't buy the game unless you know which category you fall into.
I saw a comment from Hideo himself admitting he has no clue what he made with this. As for nobody caring about comments many will not care about you asking us to not comment. Also the more information given on a game the better for people not knowing much about it. They look here and maybe see a good deal but with more posts about it talking of the game or the price it will maybe get them to look further elsewhere too for more information and do what one should do before buying anything. Do your research and make sure it is worth a buy.
Dec 1, 2017
233 posts
183 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
best 'review'
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2656 posts
853 upvotes
Chatham
WL1980 wrote: I liked the game. The road and zipline network building is satisfying. I even platinum the game.
How hard was it to platinum?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9560 posts
4394 upvotes
Toronto
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know where I can find a deal on FF7?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2451 posts
336 upvotes
Burnaby
nice deal.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;