• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 10:03 pm
[OP]
Dec 16, 2015
16 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] PS4 Gold wireless headset (2019) ***HOT*** $79.99

i've been a RFD lurker for a few years, but never posted anything. Ya i feel shit so dont flame me. Couldn't resist posting this deal. Never seen it this low. Enjoy!

https://www.amazon.ca/PlayStation-4-Wir ... MFE8YHMP82

ROSE GOLD;
https://www.amazon.ca/PS4-Gold-Wireless ... 6458579011

WHITE;
https://www.amazon.ca/PlayStation-Gold- ... 6458579011
Last edited by AvidGam3r on Apr 1st, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
60 replies
Aug 7, 2019
44 posts
52 upvotes
Yeah *************** says this is the lowest ever, with the last time being in September.

I have no idea of the quality of this headset, I'm still rocking a 9 year old PX21. Not sure if I need to "upgrade"

Thanks for the post though OP!
Jun 4, 2019
79 posts
102 upvotes
Does PS4 still only allow there headphones to connect through Bluetooth or have they updated that?
Aug 17, 2019
21 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
White version/fortnite bundle available also (do people still play this?)
Amazon.ca

Sure wish they still had the limited edition blue one...
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4747 posts
1272 upvotes
This will also work WIRED with the Xbox One. Latest gen controllers will work natively, older controller without headset plug will require Microsoft chat adapter.

Won't be wireless like when using with PS4, but will still work
Apr 1, 2013
604 posts
638 upvotes
Fredericton
Anyone know if these are PC compatible?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1917 posts
239 upvotes
Ottawa
m7cky wrote: Thanks. Even cheaper with PSP
$67.99 for me (people always get different prices with these)
Jul 23, 2009
262 posts
53 upvotes
Still have the original gold wireless headsets when they first released and it's held up well. Sound quality is great, though it's not the most comfortable after long periods of gaming if you have big ears.
Over time, the cloth around the ear muffs will start to tear, which.
Oct 21, 2013
215 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have the older model (blue/black).

Does anyone know if these are superior in comfort or sound?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4082 posts
2398 upvotes
i have the older ps gold headset (blue trim) and it's on its last leg. is the newer model considered better/improved ?
Feb 2, 2015
140 posts
81 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Ok everyone. I have extensive experience with this headset.

This is the BEST headset I've ever ever used!

It has great audio and I've never once had anyone complain to me while gaming of my voice, or echo.

I used it for 3 years with my PS4, then got rid of the PS4 and got an Xbox 1 and used it with that. Can't do it wireless with the xbox, but you can plug it into the controller and need no battery to use it this way, but the features on the headset, like the mute and volume don't work. I get around this by using the addon for the controller for a headset that controls all of these things.

I still own an xbox, and plan to get the NEW xbox, and I'm still going to buy these right now.

My current pair are 10 years old. No problems, except the pads wore out. I bought new ones on amazon, but they aren't as comfortable.

*ninja edit* - I commented before I clicked the link. I have the older blue/black model. I have never used these. I would assume most of my points stand though.
Last edited by adubbz on Apr 1st, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4082 posts
2398 upvotes
adubbz wrote: Ok everyone. I have extensive experience with this headset.

This is the BEST headset I've ever ever used!

It has great audio and I've never once had anyone complain to me while gaming of my voice, or echo.

I used it for 3 years with my PS4, then got rid of the PS4 and got an Xbox 1 and used it with that. Can't do it wireless with the xbox, but you can plug it into the controller and need no battery to use it this way, but the features on the headset, like the mute and volume don't work. I get around this by using the addon for the controller for a headset that controls all of these things.

I still own an xbox, and plan to get the NEW xbox, and I'm still going to buy these right now.

My current pair are 10 years old. No problems, except the pads wore out. I bought new ones on amazon, but they aren't as comfortable.
which version thou? the one with blue trim v1

or this version 2 which is on sale