• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2019 1:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1105 posts
673 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Public Mobile SIM Card $6.99 + free shipping

If you need a Public Mobile sim, they are only $6.99 at Amazon with free shipping.

You can take advantage of these promotions at Public Mobile:

Get your next 30 days FREE when you activate!
https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/469219

Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile!
https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/455957

Free Gifts for All During our More is Merrier Campaign!
https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/460064

Ships from and sold by CanadianCellSupplies.
Last edited by elfen2 on Dec 16th, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
32 replies
Aug 31, 2009
757 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
Can you still get free sim when signing up at Walmart?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8821 upvotes
Toronto
cdfegab wrote: Can you still get free sim when signing up at Walmart?
Yes, if you sign up with someone, the sim fee is normally waved. However, if you need a sim card, this is the cheapest I've seen.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2715 posts
1713 upvotes
GVRD
cdfegab wrote: Can you still get free sim when signing up at Walmart?
Free SIM is always a promotion, some times PM runs it and some times they don't. Often times you do get better plans if you activate in the stores.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3159 posts
1671 upvotes
pkphilip wrote: Free SIM is always a promotion, some times PM runs it and some times they don't. Often times you do get better plans if you activate in the stores.
If you do it in store, you lose any referral credits (family member, self refer, etc). It is often worth it to buy the SIM and activate online yourself as opposed to going to WM and getting the free SIM but losing out on the referral credit and bonuses.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6623 posts
2717 upvotes
Canada
Not having to deal with a sales drone is worth $6.99
Jul 22, 2007
139 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Big stores like Walmart cell phones departments received them for free anyway. If you let them activate, and show them your current phone (with another provider), most rep will activate and give you the SIM for free. Of course they won't advertise it because there are thousands of Walmart across Canada and they need to pay salary to staff, but the SIM card really cost a few cents to them.
I went to 2 WM Stores with someone that received my Public Mobile referral (his phone with him), and ended with a free Sim AND BOTH GOT THE REFERRAL BONUS (Someone said no was wrong).
The 1st WM sells Freedom, the 2nd WM sells both Freedom and Public. Distance between them: 4-5minutes drive. Go figure.
Aug 31, 2009
757 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
flyer12 wrote: If you do it in store, you lose any referral credits (family member, self refer, etc). It is often worth it to buy the SIM and activate online yourself as opposed to going to WM and getting the free SIM but losing out on the referral credit and bonuses.
I've received my referral credit when my friend activated in the store. Sometimes you lose it because employees secretly that credit.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2715 posts
1713 upvotes
GVRD
flyer12 wrote: If you do it in store, you lose any referral credits (family member, self refer, etc). It is often worth it to buy the SIM and activate online yourself as opposed to going to WM and getting the free SIM but losing out on the referral credit and bonuses.
You have to tell the rep to add the referral, I got all my referrals going to the stores. I got my MIL the $30 1.5GB plan in store because it wasn't available online.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1590 posts
440 upvotes
Canada
this is a third party seller?
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1105 posts
673 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: this is a third party seller?
Didn't notice that before. Will update the first post.
May 8, 2001
694 posts
980 upvotes
As I mention in most the other PM threads get it from Amazon directly for only about 0.70 more ($7.68). If you have Prime you will get it within two days which will be faster than most third party sellers as with this price they will just send it by lettermail.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06X9ZGDWG/?co ... _lig_dp_it
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa
Mar 13, 2005
703 posts
392 upvotes
Darn, didn't pay attention to the seller. My prime shipping has been horrible these days that I bet I'll get them before my more recent Amazon orders.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1105 posts
673 upvotes
MikeNet wrote: As I mention in most the other PM threads get it from Amazon directly for only about 0.70 more ($7.68). If you have Prime you will get it within two days which will be faster than most third party sellers as with this price they will just send it by lettermail.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06X9ZGDWG/?co ... _lig_dp_it
That's a good option too, but the only thing is that you need to buy more than $25/$35 to get free shipping.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3594 posts
2319 upvotes
Vancouver
Never seen that happen.

Walmart activates a Public Mobile plan the same way you do at home. You can enter a referral code at the time of activation and get full credits.

You stand right there with the Walmart rep and can see exactly what they're entering on the computer.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4732 posts
1723 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can I buy this SIM and hold onto It for 4-6 months before activating?

And when I do activate it, can the referral/referee bonus be applied?

My mom will need a new plan come May, and would be referred from my spouse, so want to make sure this will work...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1105 posts
673 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote: Can I buy this SIM and hold onto It for 4-6 months before activating?

And when I do activate it, can the referral/referee bonus be applied?

My mom will need a new plan come May, and would be referred from my spouse, so want to make sure this will work...
Yes, to both questions. But there might be a free SIM deal later on.
Jan 12, 2017
639 posts
34 upvotes
Thanks, OP.. in for 2 and patiently waiting for a 10GB offering.