• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 3:37 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 27, 2020
5 posts
37 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Pull Out Brushed Nickel & Black Kitchen Sink Faucet $75

Seems like a pretty good deal for the pull out kitchen faucet, colour is sleek too for $75.
Images
  • 7B247BA9-47E8-468E-9D87-A27544EB5E83.png
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 10th, 2021 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: removed link
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4647 posts
4145 upvotes
Would seriously suggest getting a brand name... Lifetime warranty so you will never have to worry about cartridges or parts
[OP]
Banned
Dec 27, 2020
5 posts
37 upvotes
PirateAngel3000 wrote: Did you repost yourself?
My browser was lagging so I thought the others didn’t post. Did not realize I posted multiple times, I have deleted the duplicates :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7213 posts
1979 upvotes
BC
tammanero wrote: My browser was lagging so I thought the others didn’t post. Did not realize I posted multiple times, I have deleted the duplicates :)
You posted using a second account, and per forum rules there is a limit of 1 account per person...
Aug 9, 2021
9 posts
2 upvotes
I’d strongly suggest avoiding these cheaper faucets to prevent future headaches.

Bit of a backstory but here it goes….

As a new, young homeowner years ago, I purchased a Moen pull out style faucet from Home Depot or Lowe’s for my kitchen. It didn’t take too long until the hose connected to the pull out wand started leaking. With Moen’s lifetime warranty (I believe their warranty is now no longer “lifetime”) I received a replacement wand and hose.

It didn’t take long for the replacement set to start leaking in same spot. Again, I received complained to Moen and received another replacement set.

The problem is that those slow leaks which initially went unnoticed until they became larger leaks, damaged the underside of the laminate counter and the shelf in the sink cabinet.

It wasn’t until we upgraded our kitchen that a reputable plumber told me that brands like Moen, Delta sell “cheaper” faucets to places like Home Depot/Lowe’s for say $200 but sell similar, better products at plumbing stores.

When we did upgrade our kitchen, I went with Riobel, a Canadian company with faucets MADE in Canada (some are made overseas but they say they are particular with the contractors they choose..) The difference in quality is night and day. I would never purchase a cheap faucet again given the headaches and damage caused by them that I’ve had in the past with them.
Last edited by MustFindDeals on Aug 10th, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1205 posts
326 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Would seriously suggest getting a brand name... Lifetime warranty so you will never have to worry about cartridges or parts
Also, given that even name brand faucets can leak under your sink when your least expect it, flooding the kitchen floor and below, I would not chance it on a faucet of unknown quality.
Aug 6, 2021
39 posts
24 upvotes
Could you please list some brand names as some pointers? Thanks for your help!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1364 posts
2070 upvotes
Hammonds
muffin4life wrote: Would seriously suggest getting a brand name... Lifetime warranty so you will never have to worry about cartridges or parts
Another thread i was following had posters who "got tired" of their $300+ brand name warrantied fixtures and suggested these $75 ones every 2-3 years would be better as they are 1/3 the price and "once they fail you'll want an updated fixture anyway"

Unsure, but i'm not willing to swap 10+ fixtures over my life owning a house. Cartridges are painful enough. Couldn't imagine tearing everything out to get to the faucet screw 11 inches deep in a 2 inch crevice between the sink and wall.
Aug 7, 2017
410 posts
487 upvotes
Yep, longevity and warranty is the worry. These cheap faucets tend to look great for six months to a year, then get shabby-looking and often break at which point you have to panic-buy a new one so you can use your kitchen, probably erasing the few dollars you saved buying this junk.

Sure enough the top review is:
It’s cheap compared to other similar faucets, but the sprayer broke after 6 months. Buyer beware. Would love a way to contact the buyer and ask for a replacement part, but Amazon doesn’t allow in this case. If you are reading this, please reach out to me - this faucet shouldn’t have broken so soon and I consider this a poor level of customer service and quality.
Apr 5, 2018
390 posts
382 upvotes
As a jaded customer tired of cheap stuff - unless you know how to replace those faucets yourself, get a high quality one and use it till the day it breaks down.

The same is true for shoes - all the high end brands keep one assembly line for high quality stuff and one for the cheap stuff. If you go for the the cheap stuff, you will be hurting your feet in the long run.
Aug 9, 2021
9 posts
2 upvotes
InhaleTheDeal wrote: Could you please list some brand names as some pointers? Thanks for your help!

I installed Riobel in my kitchen after many troubles with Moen products from the big box stores leaking after a short period of time.

Kitchen faucets get used a lot every day so their performance should stand up to the constant use.

I’ve been really happy with the Riobel so far.
May 17, 2007
818 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
InhaleTheDeal wrote: Could you please list some brand names as some pointers? Thanks for your help!
Mine, Delta Koehler, Kraus, Grohe, Hansgrohe