Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Pull Out Kitchen Faucet - $65.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2021 10:36 am
[OP]
Jun 30, 2014
56 posts
39 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Pull Out Kitchen Faucet - $65.97

Bought this faucet at full price to replace my parents leaking one. Parents totally love it, it looks good, easy to handle, silky smooth when pulling it in and out, and no issues with water pressure.
Now there's a code to bring it down to $65.97 which I think is a great deal.
Code: BSTFAUT7F30

Hope it helps someone :)
20 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3775 posts
5224 upvotes
Oakville
By default I replace all faucets to Moens for all the houses I buy.

On sale for kitchen I find top of the line Moens for $250 (regular price $450).

The extra $150 price tag ensures lifetime no questions asked warranty, amazing performance, and aesthetically pleasing.

When agents come to house showings they notice the Moens.

Moen isn't the only great brand, there's fantastic delta lines as well.

The one posted by OP might be good too, but I've never heard of it and seems cheap.

Cheap and plumbing/electrical don't mix well. .
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4547 posts
8832 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
zdpz wrote: By default I replace all faucets to Moens for all the houses I buy.
I'm a Delta fanboy right now. They have shipped me a bunch of parts to try and fix my 12 year old faucet from dripping
All those parts cost me nothing
They have said, if the replacement parts don't work, they'll ship me a new faucet

Good luck with OP's faucet
Apr 29, 2018
241 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
Smells shill
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2966 posts
1450 upvotes
Burnaby
The cartridge and braided lines are probably going to be hard to find, in which case it'll probably be cheaper to replace the whole thing. But as others have said the branded makers tend to have good warranties that will replace parts for free. I bought my condo second hand and Kohler sent me replacement parts free of charge, no questions asked - button on pullout was missing and braided cable on the pullout section was leaking.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2750 posts
1973 upvotes
Calgary
Thread summary so far: Kohler, Moen, delta etc all leak eventually and then people wait to warranty them. Might as well get a cheaper decent faucet for 1/5 of the cost and replace it after few years if it ever leaks.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6218 posts
2971 upvotes
Winnipeg
Many of the Rona, Cdn tire faucets are all the same faucets with different names. Never have had a problem with them sending out replacement parts. Waterridge - Globe Union Is the company.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1446 posts
2265 upvotes
Hammonds
masarwar wrote: Thread summary so far: Kohler, Moen, delta etc all leak eventually and then people wait to warranty them. Might as well get a cheaper decent faucet for 1/5 of the cost and replace it after few years if it ever leaks.
No. Get a warranty i think is the vibe here
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9171 posts
8470 upvotes
Ottawa
I've never had a faucet that saw significant daily use and went beyond 15 years with zero issues (either cosmetic or functional), regardless of brand and only infrequently have I experienced leaks within 10 years of installation. Typically, by the time the fixture leaks, I find it's time to change the look and usually just buy a new unit with a completely different style. Only two or three times have I ever replaced a cartridge or gotten warranty service - with Delta, and American Standard. The experiences those times were good.

What's frustrating with cheaper brands is the ease of installation and how securely the fixture fits on the sink or counter - looseness can creep in over time. This is especially frustrating with pull-down faucets. Cheaper products use steel mounting components while more expensive ones usually use brass. After a few years of use in areas that see water, brass is just a superior material when you need to make adjustments. I will not consider buying a faucet that is not all-brass where it counts. Now, this one says it is brass but why is the threaded part of the faucet's mounting stem a ss colour in the pictures?
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6619 posts
1718 upvotes
Montreal
I had a Price Pfister pullout kitchen faucet for 18 years. Over that time, I had the sprayer replaced under warrantee 2x and the cartridge 1X. Recently, it started to leak badly to the point where it was unrepairable. My wife didn't want to wait the week for its replacement to arrive so I bought a Moen at RONA to replace it. I then received the Price Pfister kitchen faucet under warrantee which is now posted to BST, Kijiji, and Varage Sale as a way to recoup some of the cost.
Phils
Oct 14, 2012
424 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto

The extra $150 price tag ensures lifetime no questions asked warranty, amazing performance, and aesthetically pleasing.

The one posted by OP might be good too, but I've never heard of it and seems cheap.

How does Kohler compare to Moen and Delta?
Oct 28, 2013
520 posts
452 upvotes
Not Toronto
I bought this one last time it was posted here and it was a piece of crap - didn't even last two months before it started leaking and we had to replace it. Save your money.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1484 posts
1928 upvotes
Toronto

Agreed. I only stick with Moen and Delta myself. Pay a bit more and I am protected by their lifetime warranties. I recently replaced my bathroom and kitchen faucets with these 2 brands.

I would never buy cheap brands from Amazon as I have seen reviews of l poor construction and leaks after the Amazon return period and the manufacturer not honoring the warranty.
CoastalWaves wrote: How does Kohler compare to Moen and Delta?
Kohler is fine, they are more on the expensive side. They also have lifetime warranty as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3775 posts
5224 upvotes
Oakville
CoastalWaves wrote: How does Kohler compare to Moen and Delta?
Kohler is the old guy on the block, lifetime warranty, huge world wide supply chain and distribution, and focussed on durability and function. Behind the other two brands in innovation. Due to their massive size it's hard to implement new ideas with such a large supply chain and distribution to manage anytime they have something innovative they want to implement.

Moen is the second oldest, focusses on innovation and design, and by chance happens to be very reliable. You want a good looking modern faucet you go with Moen. Lifetime warranty like the other three. Always ahead of the other two by a year or two in innovation. They aren't as big nor worldwide, mainly just Europe and North America.

Delta the newest guy on the block was also innovative, also lifetime warranty, but they play catch up on finishes.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5670 posts
5385 upvotes
Toronto
Phils wrote: I had a Price Pfister pullout kitchen faucet for 18 years. Over that time, I had the sprayer replaced under warrantee 2x and the cartridge 1X. Recently, it started to leak badly to the point where it was unrepairable. My wife didn't want to wait the week for its replacement to arrive so I bought a Moen at RONA to replace it. I then received the Price Pfister kitchen faucet under warrantee which is now posted to BST, Kijiji, and Varage Sale as a way to recoup some of the cost.
Had a horrible experience with Price Pfister where the hose in the pull-out handle developed a pinhole leak and sprayed water literally everywhere under my kitchen sink and into the basement.

Never again for that brand.

Personally like Kraus, Moen and Delta now.
Mar 27, 2021
389 posts
475 upvotes
migotist wrote: Smells shill
+1

The other big upside to brand name is service, ability to find replacement parts easily and repairability is reliable on Moens, Deltas etc.

I am quite handy around the house but plumbing is the one that scares me the most.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
20358 posts
15669 upvotes
Markham
I had a Moen pull down faucet in my kitchen. I had to warranty the cartridge more than a few times for some reason. In my last warranty call they offered to replace the faucet with another faucet, just pay shipping which was around $60 IIRC. Got a new $300 faucet for $60. That's good customer service.

Having some issues with two shower cartridges and I can't even figure out model or find who the manufacturer is.to replace it. Not worth buying little known brands for this kind of stuff is my opinion.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2174 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: Kohler is the old guy on the block, lifetime warranty, huge world wide supply chain and distribution, and focussed on durability and function. Behind the other two brands in innovation. Due to their massive size it's hard to implement new ideas with such a large supply chain and distribution to manage anytime they have something innovative they want to implement.

Moen is the second oldest, focusses on innovation and design, and by chance happens to be very reliable. You want a good looking modern faucet you go with Moen. Lifetime warranty like the other three. Always ahead of the other two by a year or two in innovation. They aren't as big nor worldwide, mainly just Europe and North America.

Delta the newest guy on the block was also innovative, also lifetime warranty, but they play catch up on finishes.
Where would you place Kraus?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5558 posts
7545 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
As a plumber

I would never install cheap Faucets in someone's home. I'll install it correctly. If the Faucet leaks due to Manufactures Defeat. The Home Owner will blame me.

Big Headache trying to tell them. It's not my fault
[OP]
Jun 30, 2014
56 posts
39 upvotes
Wow didn't expect to see such negative replies XD. I totally understand where you're coming from, the warranty and peace of mind is definitely worth.
Personally, given our limited budget, we went for this one and was lucky to have no problems these past 2 years. But yeah!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)