Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

PUR 100% Xylitol Chewing Gum, Spearmint or Peppermint , 55 Pieces, $2.99 (or cheaper w/ S&S)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2021 12:04 am
[OP]
Aug 6, 2018
711 posts
5216 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] PUR 100% Xylitol Chewing Gum, Spearmint or Peppermint , 55 Pieces, $2.99 (or cheaper w/ S&S)

Sugar Free + Aspartame Free + Gluten Free, Vegan & Keto Friendly
Matches the low on CCC. Subscribe and Save available to make it even cheaper. Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.

edit: Was "55 Pieces (Pack of 3), $8.97."

Thanks to @RoseTech:
3-pack is no longer on sale, but the individual ones are (minimum 2 packs) at $2.99 / $2.84 S&S for Peppermint & Spearmint, so it's basically the same thing.
Spearmint: https://www.amazon.ca/PUR-Gum-Spearmint ... B00ARABK20
Peppermint: https://www.amazon.ca/PUR-Gum-Spearmint ... B00ARABJZS
Last edited by essjayess on Aug 3rd, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
31 replies
Jan 18, 2021
43 posts
73 upvotes
Got these for my grandma who is on dialysis. Since people on dialysis can't drink much water and xylitol encourages salivation, they're perfect. As a bonus, her diabetic husband can also partake... if his dentures allow. When we go back to the office I'm gonna make them a mainstay after lunch since I started getting cavities :(
Nov 25, 2007
860 posts
581 upvotes
Toronto
The flavour in these gums literally last 30 seconds
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1196 posts
437 upvotes
Hamilton
if xylitol kills dogs I dont want in my body
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6928 upvotes
The NORTH
traktion wrote: if xylitol kills dogs I dont want in my body
Jesus, I thought you were joking till I googled it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5443 posts
2874 upvotes
West Vancouver
Is it suitable for gopniks ?

Asking for the boys...
Dec 31, 2010
57 posts
47 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Jesus, I thought you were joking till I googled it.

Awful death too. My dog got some of my daughter's friend's bag of PUR... left on the kitchen table... came home probably minutes after she finished eating it. convulsions started 20 minutes later. Had her put to sleep two hours after that. Nothing could have been done according to the vet
[OP]
Aug 6, 2018
711 posts
5216 upvotes
That's kinda weird logic. Plenty of things that are bad for dogs are fine for people (e.g. chocolate). Fair enough if you're just worried about your dog getting into this stuff though.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2018
711 posts
5216 upvotes
dyhybrid wrote: Awful death too. My dog got some of my daughter's friend's bag of PUR... left on the kitchen table... came home probably minutes after she finished eating it. convulsions started 20 minutes later. Had her put to sleep two hours after that. Nothing could have been done according to the vet
That sounds horrible :(. Sorry for your loss.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17176 posts
19063 upvotes
Oakville
You don't eat chocolate either?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Aug 14, 2009
471 posts
542 upvotes
AB
Xylitol is actually great for teeth (in humans), because it is toxic to a particular type of oral bacteria that is known to cause tooth decay. Hence its inclusion in many toothpastes. ODHA put out a short PDF explainer a few years ago with a run down on xylitol.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10167 posts
3498 upvotes
Good to know. As I chew on PUR gum.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10167 posts
3498 upvotes
essjayess wrote: That's kinda weird logic. Plenty of things that are bad for dogs are fine for people (e.g. chocolate). Fair enough if you're just worried about your dog getting into this stuff though.
Maybe he doesn't want it in his home, that could be the logic?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2535 posts
752 upvotes
Winnipeg
Deal died as I was trying to checkout :(
Jun 10, 2020
578 posts
555 upvotes
essjayess wrote: Matches the low on CCC. Subscribe and Save available to make it even cheaper. Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
There's no way this product is "100% Xylitol" if it's spearmint flavoured, or gum... but ok, point taken, sweetner is Xylitol.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3181 posts
3548 upvotes
pswart wrote: Deal died as I was trying to checkout :(
Deal on. Just checked out. Not a gum chewer, but willing to try when Keto friendly. I already knew xylitol is great for teeth.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3181 posts
3548 upvotes
essjayess wrote: That's kinda weird logic. Plenty of things that are bad for dogs are fine for people (e.g. chocolate). Fair enough if you're just worried about your dog getting into this stuff though.
It's not just weird logic, it's a straight-up fallacy. And people do this type of thing all the time and call it good reasoning.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2110 posts
1195 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Alot of people dont buy dark chocolate or cocoa powder if they have dogs. And theres literally an example above you of PUR killing dogs.
Aug 14, 2009
471 posts
542 upvotes
AB
ssjlancer wrote: Alot of people dont buy dark chocolate or cocoa powder if they have dogs. And theres literally an example above you of PUR killing dogs.
Better make sure you don't have Tylenol, batteries, laundry soap, fabric softener, bleach, bathroom/kitchen/floor cleaners, antifreeze, grapes, grape juice, raisins, onions, or garlic around, either.

The issue is safe storage. Maybe a good takeaway is nothing more extreme than "hey, keep this safely away from your pets."

Best to keep the baby when you go to drain the tub.