Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Pure Protein Bars Chocolate Peanut Butter 6 pack - $6.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2022 9:08 am
27 replies
Nov 26, 2014
332 posts
768 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Damn, that's good, (similar to Costco prices when on sale) but I like the chocolate deluxe ones.
Homer: "Potato man."
Nov 25, 2020
36 posts
56 upvotes
5% off if you buy 5 boxes plus another 5% if you subscribe and save. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Is this stuff decent at losing weight if trying to keep to the 1200 calories is plenty? I never paid too much attention but I think protein is great and filling? It's carbs I want less of?
---
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
3383 posts
18862 upvotes
TechChime wrote: Is this stuff decent at losing weight if trying to keep to the 1200 calories is plenty? I never paid too much attention but I think protein is great and filling? It's carbs I want less of?
Yes look for something high in protein, low in fat and carbs
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
TechChime wrote: Is this stuff decent at losing weight if trying to keep to the 1200 calories is plenty? I never paid too much attention but I think protein is great and filling? It's carbs I want less of?
1200 cals.... dang u will be starving. Just do more cardio to allow you to eat more.
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
2098 posts
1968 upvotes
Partly wrote: Damn, that's good, (similar to Costco prices when on sale) but I like the chocolate deluxe ones.
I second this! Will still probably buy a few boxes.
Thanks OP!
Mar 17, 2020
245 posts
188 upvotes
For such a high deficit it's good to eat high protein and fat since both are slow digestion. I would suggesting avoiding calorie dense foods like this simply because you will get hungry fast vs eating an actual protein rich full meal. Good luck on your diet!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3401 posts
3743 upvotes
Partly wrote: Damn, that's good, (similar to Costco prices when on sale) but I like the chocolate deluxe ones.
really? most ppl i see say they like that one the least, hm...
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3401 posts
3743 upvotes
u really need to do more research on this stuff, ur way off. this is not meant for weight losing, this is meant for compensating a lack of protein consumption.

yes u want less carbs, and fat, well more so fat than carbs, unless u go keto, u can have some carbs on days u exercise. but 1200 cal is way too low for a normal sized adult. i eat 900 for breakfast...the key to losing weight is calorie deficit, but not like this, u need to eat enough to get ur metabolic rate up so it can burn ur fat and calories even when ur not doing anything, its like passive income. and then eat at a slight deficit.
Dec 10, 2007
794 posts
658 upvotes
Arviat
It is decent, much better than those K bars, Vector, etc. due to higher protein lower sugar content… but where did you get the 1200 calories limit from? Depending on your weight and activity level that number may be high or low to be on a deficit.
Buy nice or buy twice.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1584 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
For what it's worth, I'm an overweight female with medical conditions that mean i should be conscious of carbs, and my registered dietician was incredibly firm that carbs are not evil and are what make the energy from protein last. She said that eating carbs and protein together (ie. Crackers with hummus) is what will actually keep me feeling full and not make me reach for unhealthy snacks as often (and she wasnt wrong!)

Carbs aren't evil.
Jan 12, 2016
40 posts
34 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Like someone said, this is really for people to get some protein in their system when they can’t get it through meals. It is how we pretty low in calories. Carbs don’t mean anything but if you want to feel full then you’re gonna want to eat some carbs for sure, plenty of protein like others said. Keto is not needed, unless the doctor recommends you to avoid carbs. Carbs are important. The best thing I can tell you is to go to the gym and put on muscle. That’s a great way to increase your metabolism and will help you recomp your body if you’re new to the gym.
Sep 26, 2009
162 posts
259 upvotes
Edmonton
Regular price in store at Costco is $20.99 for 3 x 6 (18 bars) package which I purchased today. Costcos sale price is around $17 for 3 boxes, each containing 6 bars.
Last edited by yournuts2 on Jun 10th, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 31, 2003
145 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Reading thru the ingredients list and sucralose is also included Disappointed Face
:D :twisted: :razz: :lol:
Nov 26, 2014
332 posts
768 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: really? most ppl i see say they like that one the least, hm...
I guess I don't have a sophisticated palate like some people. I just like bars that have the most chocolate.

Homer: "Potato man."
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
bpboop wrote: For what it's worth, I'm an overweight female with medical conditions that mean i should be conscious of carbs, and my registered dietician was incredibly firm that carbs are not evil and are what make the energy from protein last. She said that eating carbs and protein together (ie. Crackers with hummus) is what will actually keep me feeling full and not make me reach for unhealthy snacks as often (and she wasnt wrong!)

Carbs aren't evil.
Thank you :)
---
Jan 27, 2022
80 posts
202 upvotes
Soy protein isolate any good? I’ve only tried whey and pea
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1711 posts
2485 upvotes
Ontario
Wheybro wrote: Soy protein isolate any good? I’ve only tried whey and pea
Chocolate deluxe one has no soy protein but not on sale atm
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: 1200 cals.... dang u will be starving. Just do more cardio to allow you to eat more.
Dangerous advice without specific quantities.

Using Exercise is VERY hard to offset even a moderate increase of caloric intake. For example, for a regular person of athletic build (weigh dependent), 1 hr of Zone 2 jogging can barely off set 2 energy bars at 230 Calories each.

Please do your own research from sources with quantitative data.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D