• Aug 7th, 2019 8:56 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
2714 posts
4181 upvotes
Laval
jrshopper wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 1:39 pm
The one the OP linked to is 15.3854 ounces, so a much better deal if you use it a lot. I use a Kirkland 473 ml bottle every 6 months at a minimum.
joefloater wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 1:40 pm
Twice the price of the OP one!
I saw 218 ml but it was 118, so the OP is better
remember to give credit to the O.P if your going to repost it on reddit > bapcsalescanada
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4706 posts
3862 upvotes
maverikbc wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 10:30 am
It's $13/500ml on Amazon México FYI. It's organic, and I don't know if stores have lower price with generics:
https://www.amazon.com.mx/Vainilla-Pura ... ery&sr=1-1
Sold by a brand new seller who just launched and has zero feedback. Could be the fake stuff - the only other listing on Amazon Mexico for vanilla extract is almost 6x the price.

It could also just be cheaper stuff made with lower quality beans and/or at a lower concentration.
Apr 15, 2018
73 posts
64 upvotes
maverikbc wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 2:07 am
It costs so much here?

I buy for $2-3 in Mexico for half the size of the bottle in this thread. If it costs so much here, maybe I should bring whole a lot more for my cooking friends.
AM I your friend? Smiling Face With Sunglasses. Yes, real vanilla prices are extracting $ from our wallets. Lately I have been using artificial and I must say it is not too bad. I use mainy for baking.
Dec 25, 2012
646 posts
335 upvotes
Kingston
Arrgh wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 10:27 am
How do you know the cocaine you took is real?
Cause I felt like superman! Better than any shit you can get here. LoL
Aug 15, 2011
9 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
I think the price is really good and I use vanilla all the time when I am sweetening yogurt, cottage and for baking. I find the artificial vanilla does not have a strong rich taste. Plus at $28.61 that's basically half price when you buy the 118 ml bottle at the store. I am not sure what costco's price is but it's probably cheaper than that. Plus pure vanilla extract does not go bad and who knows if vanilla will go back down in price. Usually when something increases in price, it usually stays there when things go back to normally...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6613 posts
33826 upvotes
maverikbc wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 2:07 am
It costs so much here?

I buy for $2-3 in Mexico for half the size of the bottle in this thread. If it costs so much here, maybe I should bring whole a lot more for my cooking friends.
pure vanilla extract costs a lot at Costco (around $30/ small bottle).

China also sells "pure vanilla extract" for 40 RMB/small bottle ( $8 Cad)
Sep 15, 2011
912 posts
451 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
I'm still working through the 4 litre bottle from the deal last February: 3785 ml for $69.98. About halfway through the bottle. Will be painful when we have to buy more!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
2714 posts
4181 upvotes
Laval
hoody123 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 6:10 pm
I'm still working through the 4 litre bottle from the deal last February: 3785 ml for $69.98. About halfway through the bottle. Will be painful when we have to buy more!

A lot of reviews later stated that it wasn't pure, and I ended up getting a refund from Amazon, after 90 days, Amazon also removed the some of the reviews for the 4lt and smaller bottles of Everland Pure Vanilla, I still have the bottle and my mother refuses to use it, since it ruined her Easter baking. Thats when I went back to read the reviews and saw all the complaints so I called and got a full refund
remember to give credit to the O.P if your going to repost it on reddit > bapcsalescanada
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9701 posts
4398 upvotes
2Riskit wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 6:14 pm
A lot of reviews later stated that it wasn't pure, and I ended up getting a refund from Amazon, after 90 days, Amazon also removed the some of the reviews for the 4lt and smaller bottles of Everland Pure Vanilla, I still have the bottle and my mother refuses to use it, since it ruined her Easter baking. Thats when I went back to read the reviews and saw all the complaints so I called and got a full refund
Yes,my grandmother called me and said it was crap.I will use the fake stuff if i need but not her.For the price though it should of been real.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Jul 5, 2013
798 posts
1138 upvotes
Saint John
dainja wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:27 am
I remember studying the vanilla molecule in chemistry class. Unlike most flavour molecules, it can be easily synthesized in a lab with 100% accuracy, so synthetic vanilla extract should be as good as the real thing if it’s from a reputable source/brand.
That's why Clear vanilla extract is much cheaper than Natural vanilla extract.
Aug 26, 2011
336 posts
105 upvotes
szostalo wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 9:39 am
Vanilin can be easily synthesized, yes. Actual vanilla extract contains many, many more compounds aside of vanilin. If you're baking/cooking vanilin is indeed as good as the real thing as the other compounds are volatile and are destroyed by heat. Ice cream etc. require the real stuff.
What about just flavoring for iced homemade drinks or shakes?
Koodo 6GB/40$ :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6765 posts
2514 upvotes
Calgary
I use a lot of vanilla and I usually buy the Kirkland brand from Costco. I switched to a cheaper brand last year then went back to Costco for the Kirkland stuff. Not sure if it's because I got used to the new taste or that particular Kirkland bottle was off, the alcohol taste was stronger and it was a bit sour, I could hardly smell vanilla when I opened the cap. I kept telling myself to try again but I couldn't get myself to use it more than once a month. The bottle has been sitting there for over 6 months. For those who are using the Kirkland brand, do you notice any difference?
May 13, 2010
251 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa
althetrainer wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:02 pm
I use a lot of vanilla and I usually buy the Kirkland brand from Costco. I switched to a cheaper brand last year then went back to Costco for the Kirkland stuff. Not sure if it's because I got used to the new taste or that particular Kirkland bottle was off, the alcohol taste was stronger and it was a bit sour, I could hardly smell vanilla when I opened the cap. I kept telling myself to try again but I couldn't get myself to use it more than once a month. The bottle has been sitting there for over 6 months. For those who are using the Kirkland brand, do you notice any difference?
We sell a cinnamon honey butter at farmers markets and online and go through a bottle of Kirkland's a month. Haven't noticed any difference but the price left a sour taste.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6765 posts
2514 upvotes
Calgary
qabloona wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:17 pm
We sell a cinnamon honey butter at farmers markets and online and go through a bottle of Kirkland's a month. Haven't noticed any difference but the price left a sour taste.
Thank you. I used to like Kirkland brand but one bad bottle turned me off completely. I probably will give this club house brand a go.
May 13, 2010
251 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa
qabloona wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:17 pm
I've ordered the Clubhouse and will be doing a side by side comparison.