• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2018 4:16 pm
[OP]
Aug 8, 2013
207 posts
241 upvotes
Delta

[Amazon.ca] Pyrex Simply Store 10-Piece Glass Food Storage Set - $19.97

Yes i didn’t know about the tools to check for lowest price history. Move along, i’ll continue to lurk the forums :)

Lots of people who criticize actually post the worst deals on some real lmao. Have a good day.
Last edited by LOLUMIRINBRO on Jan 10th, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
27 replies
Jan 2, 2015
491 posts
441 upvotes
Montréal area
Everyone I know that got them regretted it as the lid are cracking over time and it doesn't take that long.

That's the normal price. I checked on 3XCamel and it only spiked a few times at 45$ for short period of time. Fake sale, again.

Walmart sell them at the same price
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pyrex-stor ... 0053280246
Nov 8, 2007
582 posts
248 upvotes
Lid warping confirmed. Bought replacement lids before and they didn't grab, just a loose topper.
Aug 9, 2010
450 posts
329 upvotes
secretliar wrote: Everyone I know that got them regretted it as the lid are cracking over time and it doesn't take that long.

That's the normal price. I checked on 3XCamel and it only spiked a few times at 45$ for short period of time. Fake sale, again.

Walmart sell them at the same price
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pyrex-stor ... 0053280246
That's interesting because I've never had a problem with Pyrex brand lids cracking. I have old dark blues ones and newer vibrant redish orange ones and they're in great shape. They do however warp, but only if you leave the lid on while microwaving. The lids that I have had crack are Anchor brand and I'll never buy those again.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2013
207 posts
241 upvotes
Delta
ok thanks for the info guys, awesome downvotes tho i guess i’ll just lurk these forums and never post again lol.
Mar 1, 2011
317 posts
179 upvotes
Saskatoon
keep posting you may hit the jack pot one day.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4015 posts
1061 upvotes
Had lids crack on multiple sizes
Used to call Pyrex and they'll replace for free (if still under warranty)
Last one that cracked just didn't bother
Won't buy plastic lids in the future.

Thanks anyway OP
Ebay - 270 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 92 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2901 posts
2647 upvotes
Montreal
LOLUMIRINBRO wrote: ok thanks for the info guys, awesome downvotes tho i guess i’ll just lurk these forums and never post again lol.
I upvoted you just to spread some happiness. More seriously, don't take the downvotes personally. They're downvoting the deal, not you.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2013
207 posts
241 upvotes
Delta
thanks ZipSpeed for providing solutions instead of bashing. I think i’ll opt to get those instead.
Aug 22, 2007
717 posts
534 upvotes
FrancisBacon wrote: I upvoted you just to spread some happiness. More seriously, don't take the downvotes personally. They're downvoting the deal, not you.
I'm sure if RFD kept the 'down voting to replies' system, you'd be surprise how many down votes you'd get from your comment.. and also I'd get double the amount of down votes for mentioning it Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5066 posts
5860 upvotes
12 pieces had been for $19.99 at Walmart from time to time.

I wish more places sell the lids alone at a reasonable price, since they are the only one that needs replacement. I can only find them at the outlet store.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10101 posts
2738 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ZipSpeed wrote: My wife likes these glass containers from Ikea. Silicone seal around the lid (which you'll need to remove and clean every time unless you like gross smells) and locking latch.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20328520/
The edge of the glass container chips easily, never happened to any of my Glass locks from Costco (korean made, 3 separate batch from 2 different generations) except one which was dropped.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3168 posts
1187 upvotes
Montreal
FrancisBacon wrote: More seriously, don't take the downvotes personally. They're downvoting the deal, not you.
x2
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Aug 22, 2007
717 posts
534 upvotes
I know Costco sells glass tupperwares that have the locking system for it's lid. I've seen them on sale in the past. Similar to these (costco-glass-lock-food-storage-set-temp ... -a-952063/) but with coloured rubber seals + a lot more containers - must be 16 pieces or so in various sizes. Maybe someone else remembers exactly what I'm talking about.
Nov 15, 2012
344 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been using these at home for almost 5 years now, none of the lids is cracked. Not sure what people do with the lids to crack it lols
[OP]
Aug 8, 2013
207 posts
241 upvotes
Delta
they put it in the fridge and open it while it’s cold or they microwave it and scream “crap product”
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10101 posts
2738 upvotes
Montreal, QC
LOLUMIRINBRO wrote: they put it in the fridge and open it while it’s cold or they microwave it and scream “crap product”
Yep, even with the Glass lock lids, the older one said safe to use in the microwave WITHOUT the lid, yet I see peoples microwaving them with the lid on at work all the time (and there's a plastic microwave lid right next to the microwave!)
Even the new one that says safe to microwaving, I still wouldn't put it in the microwave lol