• Jul 25th, 2020 5:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2902 posts
2128 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] Radius Garden shovel $38.05

This shovel by Radius Garden for $38.05 might seem expensive but these things are built like a tank and should last a lifetime, and then some. I have the weeder, transplanter, edger and this on back order. Can certainly vouch for the quality of these gardening tools and I fully expect this shovel to be no different.

Radius Garden is probably best known for the Root Slayer.
12 replies
Jan 10, 2017
296 posts
224 upvotes
For what its worth, if you want durability then go for their PRO line as their Pro-Lite line sacrifices durability for price and also inquire about the warranty. Last time I checked the company does not service warranty requests outside of the USA - you usually have to return the item to the store you bought it from and hope they will honor the partnership agreement to replace it.
Nov 18, 2014
48 posts
30 upvotes
Bolton, ON
OP dug his/her own grave with the OOS shovel he/she posted lol... Face With Tears Of Joy (im jk, don't take it seriously haha)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
9307 posts
4360 upvotes
Toronto
keddie2 wrote: For what its worth, if you want durability then go for their PRO line as their Pro-Lite line sacrifices durability for price and also inquire about the warranty. Last time I checked the company does not service warranty requests outside of the USA - you usually have to return the item to the store you bought it from and hope they will honor the partnership agreement to replace it.
It's OOS everywhere though.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2003
2111 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
What would you guys recommend in the PRO line (or any other reputable line) that would do a good job cutting through deep roots (e.g., lily of the valley)? I need to dig a pile up. Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2902 posts
2128 upvotes
GTA
Gigi wrote: What would you guys recommend in the PRO line (or any other reputable line) that would do a good job cutting through deep roots (e.g., lily of the valley)? I need to dig a pile up. Thanks.
Definitely the root slayer as it does very well exactly what you describe. Amazon sells it for $111. I'm waiting for it to drop significantly before I buy. Highly unlikely any time soon but I have no immediate need.

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M1CCIWH/
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2003
2111 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
Britex wrote: Definitely the root slayer as it does very well exactly what you describe. Amazon sells it for $111. I'm waiting for it to drop significantly before I buy. Highly unlikely any time soon but I have no immediate need.

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M1CCIWH/
Thanks. It looks like it's available at Lee Valley for significantly cheaper, but out of stock:

Radius Root Cutter
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2902 posts
2128 upvotes
GTA
Gigi wrote: Thanks. It looks like it's available at Lee Valley for significantly cheaper, but out of stock:

Radius Root Cutter
Wow, that's a good price. Had to double check to make sure it was in Canadian funds :) Guess I'll wait for them to replenish stock.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2902 posts
2128 upvotes
GTA
keddie2 wrote: For what its worth, if you want durability then go for their PRO line as their Pro-Lite line sacrifices durability for price and also inquire about the warranty. Last time I checked the company does not service warranty requests outside of the USA - you usually have to return the item to the store you bought it from and hope they will honor the partnership agreement to replace it.
Thanks for this info. I have both the Pro and Pro-Lite versions and can confirm the Pro version is much more hefty. I thought they created the Pro-Lite version to be "lighter" but your explanation makes perfect sense.

Still keeping my order for this shovel since, even though it is Pro-Lite, it's still plenty strong if my other tools are any indication.
Oct 24, 2018
384 posts
363 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered even though it is OOS.

I always thought the difference in products was Pro line was stainless steel, and the Pro-Lite was made from high carbon steel. But now I see the Pro-Lite uses fiberglass shafts instead of steel encased in resin like the Pro series. Both will outlive me I'm sure.
Jan 5, 2006
415 posts
765 upvotes
Hamilton
nffclsr wrote: Thanks OP, ordered even though it is OOS.

I always thought the difference in products was Pro line was stainless steel, and the Pro-Lite was made from high carbon steel. But now I see the Pro-Lite uses fiberglass shafts instead of steel encased in resin like the Pro series. Both will outlive me I'm sure.
Did you get a shipping notice yet? I'm interested in getting it as a gift, but don't know if it will arrive before the end of summer.
Oct 24, 2018
384 posts
363 upvotes
superdave316 wrote: Did you get a shipping notice yet? I'm interested in getting it as a gift, but don't know if it will arrive before the end of summer.
No, nothing yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)