• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 9:17 am
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
241 posts
201 upvotes
Alberta

[Amazon Canada] Radon Detector - Corentium Home by Airthings - $179.99

I added this Radon Detector to my wish list on Amazon and it has consistently been $229.00 at both Amazon and BestBuy.
Today I noticed both places have it on sale for to $179.99. Good deal if you are in the market for one.
https://www.amazon.ca/Corentium-Airthin ... B00H30TLPA
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ai ... r/10757507

Be sure to buy an Amazon or Best Buy gift card from Shell first with their current 10% promo.

Edit:
Amazon deal is dead, but Best Buy still has the same price of 179.99.
Last edited by teqtoke on Oct 10th, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
205 replies
Nov 29, 2010
49 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Damn. Just bought this off amazon. Wish they did price matching to their old prices. Now I will have to return I guess.

Btw. This is the most accurate consumer radon detector on the market. No special gadgetry or wifi features. It just works.

Thanks OP.
Apr 26, 2019
5 posts
4 upvotes
I bought the Airthings wave last Boxing Day and I’m glad I can follow the radon level with time. 2nd cause of lung cancer so if you or you’re children spend a lot of time in the basement, I think it’s a great tool to have. Just make sure you can open some windows/ have the ability to install a radon pipe with fan. Just knowing you have a radon problem and not being able to do anything isn’t super helpful!
Mar 7, 2008
436 posts
104 upvotes
Leask
I bought one of the other Airthings radon monitor and I am sure glad I did.

Radon is bad staff.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2725 posts
1064 upvotes
prodacc wrote:
Oct 6th, 2019 1:51 pm
Some provinces offer free lending of this exact model through your local library: https://bc.lung.ca/protect-your-lungs/r ... ng-program
Nice offer to have available, but 28 days isn't really enough time to ensure that your home will have safe levels of radon year-round is it? I get that there are only so many units available and lending them out for months at a time to one household isn't very efficient, but for someone who might think that they have no radon issues after 4 weeks of monitoring, it could be a different story several months later for them.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
13060 posts
1466 upvotes
Doesnt matter, every…
Ordered. Had a bunch of Amazon credits from surveys so only had to play $55 out of pocket. Been meaning to buy one since we moved into our new place last December. Now can test and see whats up. Tried the pucks in the past when they were free, but we moved before we could test the old house
Oct 26, 2001
555 posts
98 upvotes
Saskatoon
SizzleChest wrote:
Oct 6th, 2019 2:06 pm
Nice offer to have available, but 28 days isn't really enough time to ensure that your home will have safe levels of radon year-round is it? I get that there are only so many units available and lending them out for months at a time to one household isn't very efficient, but for someone who might think that they have no radon issues after 4 weeks of monitoring, it could be a different story several months later for them.
I've had mine (this exact model) for two years, and the readings have only fluctuated by a max or 20 or 30 units throughout the year. In 28 days you could easily find out if your house is unsafe, imo. If you get a reading of say 400, you're not going to assume it'll go back down to safe levels in 6 months, you need to act.
Sep 16, 2013
754 posts
420 upvotes
SW ON
Not sold by Amazon. Probably better to buy from BestBuy.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4246 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
No wifi, no care
Sep 14, 2012
197 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
tfranczyk wrote:
Oct 7th, 2019 7:57 am
FYI: Canadian Radon Map.
An interesting map, but a lot of BS in it (not surprising since a Radon testing company has provided it)

As if anyone has properly measured all of Canada. We have crews up in the Arctic Islands right now?

(And for the record, I have extensive cartography and geophysical experience)
Sep 14, 2012
197 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Reading the Amazon ad:

Designed in Europe, and tested in Japan

That's great...as if tested in Japan means something more than say tested in the UK, or Canada , or USA or ...ad nauseum
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3668 posts
985 upvotes
Ottawa
WikkiWikki wrote:
Oct 6th, 2019 12:30 pm
...Theres this one as well while not on sale, they say is one of the top consumer Radon detectors out there

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IH7SGCQ/?co ... _lig_dp_it
I've had my eye on that one for a while. It has better specs and they claim better accuracy and some degree of certification. I like the fast measurement which is nice if you want to quickly spot check in multiple areas in your home. What I don't like is that it looks like North American support is non-existent so if you have issues you're on your own.
RCGA wrote:
Oct 7th, 2019 8:55 am
No wifi, no care
Gotta agree with that. Ability to data log is essential.