[Amazon.ca] Radon Detector - Corentium Home by Airthings - $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2019 11:58 am
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20718 posts
14553 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
swilson wrote: You need to run it for at least 3 months to get an accurate picture. Levels can vary wildly from day to day.
There can be significant seasonal and weather-related changes as well. I've been measuring with an Airthings Wave for almost a year now. I've seen everything from lows of ~10 to highs of ~100 with an average of ~30 in the same location in the basement.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30639 posts
1552 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Okay, well its been raining cats and dogs the past few days so maybe that's playing a role. Went back this morning and it had dropped somewhat (can't remember the numbers) and its no longer raining.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17119 posts
2159 upvotes
Out west
So I left it sitting now in the rec room for 8 days, and the average is 111. Before this Ive had it for a month and was testing each room a few days. I even put it in the furnace room for a week.

The house is now sealed up for winter and the furnace used more. Before this I was in the mid to low double digits.

Ill be keeping my eye on it over the winter. Its in a central spot in the rec room at a good height and wont be moved much except to maybe dust the area.

I will see after the winter what the average level is. I know under 100 in Canada is the goal, and if it goes crazy high I will be doing mitigation, but this level Im just going to leave for now. Sometimes when I walk but the daily average is still mid double digits.
Aug 25, 2012
206 posts
289 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Black Friday price is even lower now for the first generation wave at $149! What a steal for piece of mind! If you ever plan on pulling the trigger on this one, now would be the time!
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16869 posts
1723 upvotes
Thornhill
frozatio wrote: Black Friday price is even lower now for the first generation wave at $149! What a steal for piece of mind! If you ever plan on pulling the trigger on this one, now would be the time!
On amazon? You should post a new thread in hot deals.
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17119 posts
2159 upvotes
Out west
t3359 wrote: On amazon? You should post a new thread in hot deals.
Best Buy as well. Could of waited, but now after using it I know my levels are good. Was that worth $30 though, not sure

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)