[Amazon.ca] Ravpower 26800 usb c powerbank $62.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2018 8:26 am
[OP]
Aug 7, 2011
230 posts
61 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Ravpower 26800 usb c powerbank $62.99

Ravpower 26800 Usb c with PD on sale with a $5 coupon. Not the lowest of $59 all time but close. Good for Nintendo switch.
15 replies
Nov 14, 2006
660 posts
189 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, I had this on my watch list and just came to post about the price drop to $62.99 but I see you're two steps ahead! There have been some solid reviews for the Ravpower, and it's a good alternative for those who missed out on the Anker 26800 PD battery pack that was posted a few weeks ago. This actually comes out a little cheaper if you consider the coupon and the value of a PD wall charger (~$40).
Jan 16, 2009
256 posts
146 upvotes
Lethbridge
I'll have to grab this when I get home - I've already got the Aukey USB-C power bank, but sometimes my usage patterns mean the Aukey doesn't get fully charged before I'm leaving the house again, so it would be good to have another bank to alternate.
Oct 24, 2016
143 posts
101 upvotes
is this overkill for charging an iPhone 6 and a LG G6 while traveling? The marketing seems to indicate it's best if you have a Nintendo or Apple laptop. What's the best choice for keeping my phones charged all day during my upcoming Disneyland trip?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1628 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Tempting...I had this in my wish list as well, but it looks like you'll also need to buy a USB-C wall plug.
Sep 30, 2001
28531 posts
7716 upvotes
Toronto
Scottisonswardrobe wrote: is this overkill for charging an iPhone 6 and a LG G6 while traveling? The marketing seems to indicate it's best if you have a Nintendo or Apple laptop. What's the best choice for keeping my phones charged all day during my upcoming Disneyland trip?
if you're planning to charge both phones while out for the entire day taking pictures and draining power, then no it's not over kill.
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7981 posts
1831 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Nice. Be patient. These things will drop to 20$ a piece in I don't know when but soon.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3281 posts
1819 upvotes
Calgary
thanks op. not the lowest price but still a decent deal. my Asus Chromebook charges extremely quickly with the included 45W Type C PD walwart so this should work well even if its 'only' 30W.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3911 posts
2436 upvotes
Vancouver
Scottisonswardrobe wrote: is this overkill for charging an iPhone 6 and a LG G6 while traveling? The marketing seems to indicate it's best if you have a Nintendo or Apple laptop. What's the best choice for keeping my phones charged all day during my upcoming Disneyland trip?
Its an overkill because if you arent using it for switch/laptop, you can get away with using a much cheaper power bank without PD/type c. You often can find anker 30k on sale for $45-50 or cheaper/lower capacity for under $30. Basically you are paying a premium for PD when you arent going to use it. You can even make a case that this is overkill for switch since you really just need a type c charger not a pd charger to max speed charge a switch.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16598 posts
2314 upvotes
This can do about 10 charges for an iPhone 6 and G6 - will you be using your phone a lot at Disneyland for video? If not, a 10,000 mah battery is probably enough (3 charges) and half the size.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2938 posts
282 upvotes
Just bought this 2 weeks ago at a much higher price on amazon (was leaving for a trip)

No way to price protect on amazon is there?
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Oct 5, 2012
145 posts
48 upvotes
BC
I just wanted to add, this charger can be taken around for travel as it is within the specifications. I bring this around tons because it charges my i7+ pretty quickly. Downside: its kind of big to be carrying around in your purse. It's great for charging two devices simultaneously though. Also comes with useful pouch for all my cables.
Nov 26, 2015
839 posts
592 upvotes
Ontario
This one is at the MAX size that you are allowed to bring on a flight without approval.
26800/1000 * 3.7 = 99.16 Wh

If you go with the 30000maH one suggested above, you "may" face resistance with TSA. Sizes 100.1 to 160 Wh are allowed BUT requires permission. If you are hoping to have less hassle with TSA, then just stick with 26800 or less.
30000/1000 * 3.7 = 111 Wh

Powerbanks on Flights