Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Ravpower 26800mah PD Usb C Power Bank Up to 30W Power Delivery $67.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 1:21 am
[OP]
Apr 25, 2010
238 posts
190 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Ravpower 26800mah PD Usb C Power Bank Up to 30W Power Delivery $67.99

Just picked this up for my Switch. Price is not the lowest for a power bank but this is a good price for one with PD (Power Delivery) fast charging at up to 30W.
According to CamelCC, the lowest this has been is 64.99 and it has been at 84.99 since April.

https://www.amazon.ca/RAVPower-Portable ... K5QG0K09N2
25 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3739 posts
5141 upvotes
Oakville
Ilive2frag wrote: Just picked this up for my Switch. Price is not the lowest for a power bank but this is a good price for one with PD (Power Delivery) fast charging at up to 30W.
According to CamelCC, the lowest this has been is 64.99 and it has been at 84.99 since April.

https://www.amazon.ca/RAVPower-Portable ... K5QG0K09N2
All fake reviews. No verified Purchasers. Over priced.
-ZdpZ... ;)
[OP]
Apr 25, 2010
238 posts
190 upvotes
zdpz wrote: All fake reviews. No verified Purchasers. Over priced.
I click on sort by verified purchases only and 23 come up. Not sure what you're on about.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1891 posts
793 upvotes
Ottawa
zdpz wrote: All fake reviews. No verified Purchasers. Over priced.
23 verified purchases out of the 35 reviews. Not sure how you didn't see any. With any battery pack it's always safe to take the specs with a grain of salt. That being said the slightly smaller version of this pack is good for powering devices while charging (Raspberry Pi exernal power source).
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2377 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
I purchased one of these a week ago too. Like the OP, I checked CCC and thought the few $$ more over lowest price was OK. Nice quality / solid unit. Has many reviews on many websites. Haven't read anything bad ... other than it's big and heavy; but that's what you're gunna get for this capacity. Good for Switch and MacBook 12". That's what I bought it for ... YMMV.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6257 upvotes
I was going to buy one of these but nowadays on that airplane I travel on, there is a power plug so I don't think I need it for my Nintendo switch anymore.
Sep 1, 2010
110 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this a few months ago for my Nintendo Switch, a guy on Reddit tested quite a few power banks and this specific one the PB058-2 was the winner. Works great with my Switch!
Jan 16, 2009
256 posts
146 upvotes
Lethbridge
I wish these price drops had happened a few weeks ago. I got the aforementioned Aukey power bank for $75 - the Ravpower one was somewhere in the 85 to 95 dollar range at the time. I do like the Aukey one, and can confirm that power delivery works; I use it for charging my Windows tablet over a USB-C cable.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1000 posts
708 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Ilive2frag wrote: That looks like a great option too, only thing is it would be over the 100wh limit for US flights and maybe some international ones.
I think all companies allow up to 150wh don't they?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1970 posts
864 upvotes
pca1987 wrote: I think all companies allow up to 150wh don't they?
No.

Max is 99whr, though I doubt the Battery Police will show up.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1000 posts
708 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
HugsNotDrugs wrote: No.

A maximum of two (2) individually protected spare lithium ion batteries with a rating of 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh may be carried per passenger in carry-on baggage only*, pending approval by Air Canada airport agents.

yeah it does say pending approval for aircanada, but if it says explicitly 100-160 range I think it should be fine. I would take the chances
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5196 posts
4948 upvotes
GTA
The 26800 Anker for $69 with free shipping would be better better bet. Sold by Anker, fulfilled by Amazon. Has great reviews too.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1970 posts
864 upvotes
pca1987 wrote: A maximum of two (2) individually protected spare lithium ion batteries with a rating of 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh may be carried per passenger in carry-on baggage only*, pending approval by Air Canada airport agents.

yeah it does say pending approval for aircanada, but if it says explicitly 100-160 range I think it should be fine. I would take the chances
Colour me wrong: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... items.html

Looks like you can carry various batteries up to 100wh, but a maximum of two batteries between 100whr and 160whr.

I suspect the 100whr limit may be a U.S. restriction.

You are correct.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2629 posts
2736 upvotes
Ottawa
HugsNotDrugs wrote: No.

Some country strictly enforces the limitation; Their TSA/airport security staff are trained to look for batteries with 100W labels on them. I had my Anker power bank checked by both the Canadian airport security and the China ones when I took my trip a couple of months back. In China they even confiscate batteries with no WH labeling regardless of their size. I was in front of a guy who got his iphone battery extending case confiscated because it had no/improper labeling.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2377 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
Tommy74 wrote: The 26800 Anker for $69 with free shipping would be better better bet. Sold by Anker, fulfilled by Amazon. Has great reviews too.
I prefer Anker as well, but that particular model does not have a dedicated USB-C port. The -C is the main reason for preferring the RavPower.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Mar 17, 2008
663 posts
164 upvotes
Thanks OP, needed one to pair it with my new koodo Pixel before going on a backpacking trip where we will be without power for a few days.

It is 456 g (for 26,800) vs 640 g for the Aukey (30,000) and it is also less bulky. I don't need the 3,200mah difference. In fact, I would love to find a super compact lipstick-sized powerbank supporting PD. I still carry this 3,350 Ankey on me everywhere; it's the only powerbank that can realistically fit in my work pants along with my wallet, keys, etc. As other people said, the 26,800 Anker has no USB-C.

First edition was coupled with a bad charger but it now only ships with a Type-C to C Cable (no charger).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)