Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Square Sunglasses, Black/Polarized Green, 52 mm - $73.96 (was $255.00,Save 71%)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2022 11:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8091 posts
8603 upvotes
Calgary
wakka2u wrote: thanks for the video, the only concerns i got is the box black and white manufacture label instead of a layered label and the hinges seem loose, but sturdy.. i had the exact same product as Tsla88 = )
I think the video is dated a bit.
Oct 17, 2021
479 posts
1069 upvotes
Yup, the most recent unboxing videos on YT shows the new white tag with the picture of the sunglasses.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1961 posts
1065 upvotes
TSLA88 wrote: Yup, the most recent unboxing videos on YT shows the new white tag with the picture of the sunglasses.
thanks TSLA88. i have to take another look, after closer examination of SammyDavis' pics of the box, the white label was actually in colour, picture of the glasses. thanks for the detailed close-up pics SD
Dec 13, 2020
64 posts
81 upvotes
Montréal
SammyDavis wrote: Image
Excuse me, I would like to ask a question.
Do you have "UK CA" next to CE on your right sunglasses leg?
Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8091 posts
8603 upvotes
Calgary
Leekayui wrote: Excuse me, I would like to ask a question.
Do you have "UK CA" next to CE on your right sunglasses leg?
Thank you.
Yes
Dec 13, 2020
64 posts
81 upvotes
Montréal
Here is my pair. It seems to be legit.
Images
  • 1.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 3p.jpg
  • 2p.jpg
  • 4p.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8091 posts
8603 upvotes
Calgary
Leekayui wrote: Here is my pair. It seems to be legit.
This was my second pair that arrived today also. Too big though so I sent them back.
May 17, 2009
571 posts
2550 upvotes
Toronto
received size 58... 100% fake!
made of cheap creaking plastic
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10912 posts
754 upvotes
Scarborough
can't tell if its real or fake. one is missing the booklet.
May 2, 2017
57 posts
80 upvotes
Received an empty box... have to file an incident report with amazon to try and get a refund. I don't even know how that could get passed into the inventory, absolutely insane.
Sep 15, 2019
550 posts
1409 upvotes
orleans
I bought the same model as you.

I believe mine were swapped with a counterfeit. They feel cheap and have some obvious QA issues. Additionally, my cloth has a different oriented logo than yours and the grey seems darker.

Outer box has the same info as yours, but a different lot number. I suspect someone may have swapped and done a return. Or, done a swap, and FBA'd them.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Sep 15, 2019
550 posts
1409 upvotes
orleans
Here are some photos of mine. They seem fake, but I don't really know much about sun glasses. I have put in for a replacement, so I'll wait until that arrives to see if there is any difference between them. There are lots of QA issues. Including what looks like a yellow adhesive in one of the frames. As mentioned in my other post, the clothe was different than the other poster's. Darker, with a different logo orientation.

The glasses alone out of the case weigh roughly 41 grams.

They have the etching on them, but it doesn't look right to me...

Yellowing here under the lens.

Etching

I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Sep 15, 2019
550 posts
1409 upvotes
orleans
Leekayui wrote: Here is my pair. It seems to be legit.
If you own a kitchen scale, or a scale for postage, can you weigh your glasses (just the glasses, not the case) in grams and tell me what they weigh?
Sep 15, 2019
550 posts
1409 upvotes
orleans
My replacement came in today. The foil sticker is different, the etching looks better, and the clothe has the proper oriented logo. I am still skeptical, especially since they both look/feel the same.

The exterior cases and boxes both seem exactly the same. I suspect that someone swapped out the legitimate glasses in my first order, and either FBA'd them or returned them.

My first one seemed to come from Western Canada, while my second one came from Quebec.

I'll post some pics later on.

Absolutely insane that Amazon doesn't have a better system for high end items like this that are prone to fraud and counterfeits.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8091 posts
8603 upvotes
Calgary
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: Here are some photos of mine. They seem fake, but I don't really know much about sun glasses. I have put in for a replacement, so I'll wait until that arrives to see if there is any difference between them. There are lots of QA issues. Including what looks like a yellow adhesive in one of the frames. As mentioned in my other post, the clothe was different than the other poster's. Darker, with a different logo orientation.

The glasses alone out of the case weigh roughly 41 grams.

They have the etching on them, but it doesn't look right to me...

Yellowing here under the lens.

Etching

The odds of this being fake are extremely small. It’s a rare wayfarer color for one.
Sep 15, 2019
550 posts
1409 upvotes
orleans
SammyDavis wrote: The odds of this being fake are extremely small. It’s a rare wayfarer color for one.
A few things I have seen in instructional videos seem to raise red flags, especially now that I have two pairs in hand to compare. The painted Ray Ban logo on the left lens is quite far away from the edge of the glasses on the pair I photographed. When opened up, they do not sit flat (one side is raised up). Both glasses have different weights (the pair I suspect to be fake is a gram heavier).

I am not an expert on Ray Ban sunglasses, so maybe these are common variances in quality control, and I am being too cautious based on what I have seen or read about spotting fakes.